Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Ironically, the poll also found, 50% of Democrats and 18% of Republicans (and 36% of all respondents) agreed with the proposition that “Jewish people are too hyper-sensitive and too often label legitimate criticisms of Israel as an anti-Semitic attack.”
    I'd probably agree with that statement, but with an additional caveat - I don't think it's innocent sensitivity, but frequently a cynical ploy to deflect criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'd probably agree with that statement, but with an additional caveat - I don't think it's innocent sensitivity, but frequently a cynical ploy to deflect criticism.
    I'd agree with both of you, but would add that often people make statements that they don't believe are antisemitic, but actually are, at least according to certain standards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I strongly dislike the use of the word "anti-semitic" the very moment someone questions or criticizes Israel. It's used to instantly appeal to emotion to discredit someone, and it's quite frankly disgustingly overused.
    Are you saying that people too easily accuse others with buzz slurs in order to control the debate?
    Last edited by PC2; 2015-07-06 at 12:23 AM.