Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How come I've not opened a single legendary in 8 months?

I've been playing this game since the beginning of December last year and I do the dailies every single day. I've ground both adventures, done all the achievements and my guess is I've opened well over 100 packs earned totally from free-to-play in-game gold.

How come then that I have never found a single legendary in all the packs I've opened and only about 4 epics?! Do they jinx the free-to-play players? You're supposed to have a 1/20th of a chance to get a legendary per pack. Each card has a one percent chance. I don't have an official source, I read claims between 1 in 22 and 6.33% (1 in 16) per pack.

Look at this graph: https://graphsketch.com/?eqn1_color=...50&image_h=525

In 104 packs there is already less than a 1 in 200 chance that they don't contain any legendaries. At 149 packs this chance drops to less than 1 in 2000!

RNG is RNG...

You must find RNGesus in your heart.
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

Deleted
    well you know there's a reason why it is called as "legendary"

Some form of loss streak protection, even if it took a shitton of decks to really mean anything, would be nice, just to help the outliers like yourself get a legendary if u open that many packs. Not saying RNG wouldn't still be a factor, but a guaranteed legendary every....100-150 packs or so doesn't seem like a bad idea. Would prob increase profits for blizz as people would feel more motivated to open more packs, even if they aren't getting the legendaries they so hope for, as they are slightly increasing their odds on the next pack.

Mm well, when I was most active I think I made it 103 Arena runs between getting a legendary on my EU account.. At the same time I got 3 Legendaries in 5 packs on US.

So it's pretty random yeah. But at this point I calculate packs needed with around 50 dust per pack, so I won't get disappointed.

Opening legendary's is difficult enough I never assume i'm going too. I just DE the packs and craft them when I need em. Still sitting on over 4k dust right now and about 7k gold.

I think the last legendary I opened was about... 200 packs ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    well i've gotten at least 20 legendaries from packs alone. crafted the others.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    RNG is RNG. Sometimes I opened 20 packs and got 1 golden legendary and 2 legendaries while others times I opened 60 packs and got no legendary. With that said, I have opened hundreds of packs ever since I started playing and that rate of 1 legendary per 22 packs seems to be spot on.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got a golden ragnaros in the second pack i opened. It took me a while to realize how damn lucky that is. rng is rng
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

If you complain RNGesus will give you a Hemet.

15+ Year Old Account
    You must accept your fate and take RNGesus into your heart. Only He will guide you through your troubled times!

And rng isnt calculated tbh. you are on a horrible roll and it will change

RNGesus giveth and RNGesus taketh away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I've been playing this game since the beginning of December last year and I do the dailies every single day. I've ground both adventures, done all the achievements and my guess is I've opened well over 100 packs earned totally from free-to-play in-game gold.

How come then that I have never found a single legendary in all the packs I've opened and only about 4 epics?! Do they jinx the free-to-play players? You're supposed to have a 1/20th of a chance to get a legendary per pack. Each card has a one percent chance. I don't have an official source, I read claims between 1 in 22 and 6.33% (1 in 16) per pack.

Look at this graph: https://graphsketch.com/?eqn1_color=...50&image_h=525

In 104 packs there is already less than a 1 in 200 chance that they don't contain any legendaries. At 149 packs this chance drops to less than 1 in 2000!
    Considering there are millions of people playing the game, you'd think this is eventually bound to happen. You just need to have a big enough sample size, and this game definitely has it.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    I've opened around 40 packs until I got a legendary two weeks ago. I've also read a post on HS forums about a guy who hasn't got one in 100+ packs. It's all RNG but I think it would be nice if after x packs a legendary was guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bormes View Post
    Some form of loss streak protection, even if it took a shitton of decks to really mean anything, would be nice, just to help the outliers like yourself get a legendary if u open that many packs. Not saying RNG wouldn't still be a factor, but a guaranteed legendary every....100-150 packs or so doesn't seem like a bad idea. Would prob increase profits for blizz as people would feel more motivated to open more packs, even if they aren't getting the legendaries they so hope for, as they are slightly increasing their odds on the next pack.
    IT'S CALLED DUST
    seriously just dust your extra cards at that point and you can craft ANY legendary you want

I opened a Vol'jin from an arena pack. Then, a few days ago I opened ANOTHER vol'jin. >.< But I'm not going to complain because I'd rather have 400 dust than a pack containing only one rare card.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    IT'S CALLED DUST
    seriously just dust your extra cards at that point and you can craft ANY legendary you want
    Naah, I'm not throwing away 6 months worth of cards to craft one legendary, fuck that.

Naah, I'm not throwing away 6 months worth of cards to craft one legendary, fuck that.
    Yeah, no. Your math is way off.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Well, if you dont your dust will just sit there collecting... dust :P