Epic Fleet - Nothing But XP Missions

On my two characters that are playing around with the shipyard I've encountered a big roadblock. My little fleet is fully purple but the mission map is full of nothing but meaningless XP missions. I get maybe 1 or, at most, 2 missions a day that actually reward anything useful. Sometimes I'll go 2 days without a single treasure mission.

I'm putting minimal effort into shipyards but it's depressing to see how untested, poorly thought out and un-engaging they are.

I'm in the same boat with two of my toons, each only need two more treasure missions to hit lvl3, but I have nothing but XP missions since yesterday morning. It's pretty annoying.

sadly , like this whole xpac, the fleet thing feels like a "live beta". just sad and sloppy. seems the theme for this expansion. im really hoping they shape up for the next one.

"If you watch Godzilla in reverse, it's about a giant lizard repairing Tokyo and then Moonwalking into the ocean."

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    On my two characters that are playing around with the shipyard I've encountered a big roadblock. My little fleet is fully purple but the mission map is full of nothing but meaningless XP missions. I get maybe 1 or, at most, 2 missions a day that actually reward anything useful. Sometimes I'll go 2 days without a single treasure mission.

I'm putting minimal effort into shipyards but it's depressing to see how untested, poorly thought out and un-engaging they are.
    I thing the real problem is that blizzard's intention for how the shipyard would be used ended up misaligning with how WoW players decided to use it. We are used to follower missions getting to 100% chance of success or not bothering because they diasppear regardless of success or failure. With shipyard, they intend for you to throw your ships at missions with 80%~ success rates due to the fact that you can reattempt them in the case of failure.

That's why so many experience missions, they didn't design for the circumstance of having full epic ships which people are dropping hundreds of garrison resources on to get 100% success every time.

Blizz should realize that gamers of an MMO are, from a psychological standpoint, very cautious and conservative. The idea of losing a ship and having to start over can be somewhat catastrophic, even if that catastrophy isn't exactly reasonable.

And lastly, blizz should realize that their customers will ALWAYS min/max any system they put in place. This means the player will always try to go for a full fleet of epic ships with the most desireable crews and the most diverse counters, and if need be change out equipment for every mission to preserve this.

Epic Fleet - Nothing But XP Missions
    Yep, same shit here. I still send them out just to clean the table, otherwise these missions will stay there for days, in a hope to get a treasure missions.

I only need 1 more treasure mission too, so frustrating! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Happyducky View Post
    I only need 1 more treasure mission too, so frustrating! :P
    Better than needing 16 more and having a total of 3 treasure missions spawn over the weekend

Deleted
    Welcome to Timegates of Draenor.