Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I honestly don't think there's a lot of things too terribly wrong. They tried some things this expansion and they didn't pan out for them in the long run. Garrisons were a cool idea, but it seems like cuts to the development of them made them something they weren't intended.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They confirmed last Blizzcon that 7.0 was well underway at the time.
    As they already had WoD playable at the blizzcon before WoD was released. And WoD was released one year later.

I think they will add a patch 6.3, which includes some other grind content and a rehashed raid (yes, i know, they said hc was the last raid.. but its blizzard).

I think they will announce the new expac at the next blizzcon. And will release it july 2016 when the movie is ready. With blizzcon, they start beta.

Without knowing how far they are in development for the next expansion, it doesn't really make sense to provide two definitive options, one of which MUST be the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They don't lose 1 million per month "at the moment". They lost 3 million quickly after gaining 3 million.
    We will see when the Q2 numbers come out.

All i can say is what i see ingame and on my friendslist and i see alot of old players not around anymore.
    So if ppl think that only the new players left after a few months are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post

All i can say is what i see ingame and on my friendslist and i see alot of old players not around anymore.
    I see a full friendlist, so difference each person i guess!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard said that they were working on the new expansion, even when WoD wasn't released.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post

i expect another ~1mil drop in q2. we had selfie patch for almost the whole quarter until the last week.

Deleted
    I am more concerned about in what direction the game will go in 7.0.

I think the following things will happen:

1.) Blizzard will remove LFR, they will argument that people could use the group finder if they want to play raids. Blizzard will not compensate the LFR players with additional content.
    2.) Blizzard will return to daily quests at a limited number. And will mix them up with grinds.
    3.) Blizzard will continue to focus on raids without any major change to their current agenda.
    4.) Blizzard will remove flying, again, and will not return it into the next expac until people complain. Then you need to play one of their skinner boxes to achieve it again. As like in WoD.
    5.) Blizzard will change gearing up in PVP to be component specific based on RNG. Arena and RBG drop better gear than matchmade battlegrounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    they've always got the option of adding a 1 boss non tier pink dragon orc raid to tide us over while they take their time or whatever
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

I don't trust this current development team to create an expansion that will be fun. They have stated horrible ideas in every interview. I would imagine the new expansion will be as boring if not more boring than WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittleBeast View Post
    I'm positive the development of the next expansion has been underway, for many months, prior to patch 6.2's release.
    That is why I have said from the beginning that WoD was just a 'filler' expansion. Next one we get back to the real story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    That is why I have said from the beginning that WoD was just a 'filler' expansion. Next one we get back to the real story.
    Yes, WoD was a filler, MoP was a filler.. the next better should be no filler.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    WoD suffers tremendously because all tangible rewards were moved to garrisons and raids. Due to feedback from players, we lost pretty much everything inbetween hitting 100 and raids.
    True, we lost things inbetween, highly probably cause player feedback. And majorly i can sign that because of everything is stuffed in to garrisons.

Do players particularly enjoy doing dailies to unlock "mandatory" items from factions? No, but it's something that feels worthwhile and gives a noticeable reward once you've attained it.
    Worthwhile and noticeable rewards.. An exalted tabard etc trinkets that are already outdated when gotten cause dungeon and raid gear that was attained before the exalted rep are better. Hardly worthwhile. Or vanity items, for a completionist yes, for casual no. But completionists don't play for the rewards necessarily, they mainly play just for the sake of completing everything.

And the dailies, no, a bunch of people don't like them. WoD scrapped them, but also WoD has failed to create anything else to fulfill that void. Dailies are not the be all end all solution. It amazes me that players are so narrowminded that they don't see any other solutions to the problem of dailies. Yes they are something to do, but with a little innovation and evolution that something to do can be translated to something great to do. This is something i actually wrote about in another thread a while back, i spent about 14 minutes or so and in my opinion came up with 4 simple but better solutions than dailies to fill player routines and yet keep them engaged with something more dynamic. Some of them were things that have already been present in other MMOs, some of them probably cannot be done in WoW due to game engine limitations, but still, that was 14 minutes spent on 4 average ideas, that are not daily quests. Blizzard spent 12 months at least for WoD to come up with one APEXIS daily and then 7 months for 6.2 and more apexis dailies. Essentially dailies. Where's the innovation and evolution of ideas? Currency? and what is essentially a daily quest no matter how you observe it. That's all, let's take out MoPs 50x rotative dailies and replace it with 1 apexis daily. What, WHO is getting paid for this amazing use of brain capacity for 19 months?

Professions got gutted because players don't want it to rely on luck/rare materials, and together with garrisons it's all unlocked from the go, which is poison to longevity and interest.
    Unlocked from get go? Patterns are behind time gated daily cds that take forever to complete if you want all patterns, no the time to do the daily cd doesn't take that long, but the bloody time gate of doing it every day for 3 months does. Yes you can now level from 1-700 in Draenor, yet i still got my mains profs in 650 or something, cause there's no reason to do so.
    I agree totally that the garrison destroyed gathering professions, but having the profession providing no character improvements as stats was the right way.
    It's now a side activity and a money making activity. Problem mostly with professions is there's no rewards from it, none. The gear is outdated as soon as the raid gear is available and restricted to 3 pieces, why? Why can't you gear an alt fully in craftable gear? Couple of vanity items isn't enough to hold a profession profitable, other than alchemy etc. But even that got gutted with the free potions from garrison. But if the choice is between longevity and less rng, i choose less rng any day. Even with less longevity, professions are a side task, potentially they could be a great side task for those who desire to do them and trade with them, they should merely pour in to the larger pool of content in general, not be a main focus.

WoD is a melting-pot of good intentions, trying to give players everything they think they want, and it just ends up in apathy.
    I'd say that's sort spot on. They first impressions were great, the delivery not so much, so much cut out content and for what? We still don't have an direct answer for that, next expac, lack of resources, what? But the words i'd point out in that is 'trying to give', not 'think they want'. Players have wide variety of experience, but things that are most voted and desired for are that for a reason. Even with such a vast community, that doesn't mean that people don't know what they want.
    There was a lot of hope from people experiencing things like they were in TBC or WotLK, but what was the problem? People wished for things they liked in the past and now suddenly don't. No. Things didn't end up as they used to.

The reputations for example, in WoD they are the most glued on feature. Grind these mobs for hours on end in this spot and exalted. No WotLK style tabards on getting rep from fighting certain creatures or instances (yes that's sort of mob grind, but at least it can be done whilst doing instances normally for gear, not having to go out to grind nothing but mobs)? That was great cause you didn't have to do an extra activity and spent extra time on just grinding mobs, you got your rep whilst you were doing other things. Reputation that is essentially only a bar in a sheet and some outdated trinket, vanity item and a tabard. Hardly the most impressive feature, but still something you could obtain. No quest chains outside the main faction reps to increase rep, partly cause no dailies (not the issue), BUT not even one time quests/objectives, nothing? No attunements to anything, yes they were a bottleneck for 5mans in TBC, but who says the attunement has to be to a raid or 5man, again innovation and new ideas how to use attunements anyone? And why arent' the reputations tied more in to activities, and not just patterns like they've been in the past, that's just a time gate. But actual story and phasing outdoors content. Zones that evolve from a faction presence because reputation is gained, character bonds that increase cause of reputations gained. Example the followers could have been an interactive experience, not just a contract you gain from revered. You befriend a follower and he will then actually follow you to the end of the world if needed out in the game world, not just on some garrison table board. Yes the bodyguards are followers, but that's just one guy or two out of fifty. Why can't you have an army of 25 followers riding with you peeling gankers off you out in the world? Imagine facing Archimonde with a 20 man raid and each 20 players have 25 follower army there to command, you clash with a huge boss and first army of 300 followers get squished.

When was the last time you felt like you had truly achieved something ingame, that wasn't raid-related? All that is gone in favor of keeping 20min/day players happy.
    Time consumption.. There's the question. I personally play A LOT and i mean A LOT LOT. Achieved, i achieve something every day, it doesn't need to be 3 month grind. Truly achieved, got my fifth alt, priest to level 100 from 90, oh my god that was painful, was the simple most hoffiric leveling experience in the game so far and i have 12 characters which out of 11 are 90+, 5 now 100. The so much credited WoD leveling experience, first 3 guys awesome, this latest one, absolute nightmare. Back to time consumption, 6.2 offers couple new heirlooms, Darkmoon Faire and Gurubashi Arena trinkets, that i'd very much like to have on my level 40 warrior to get Double Agent. In a year time span 84 players per realm can obtain the Darkmoon Faire trinket, calculated that today. 84! per CRZ per YEAR! I've been there in the cage trying to get the DF chest, there's around 20+ players trying to do the same, with 15 players from the same guild "masterlooting" the chest on their pre-determined list who gets the pre-heirloom trinkets. Meaning a player outside that particular guild or any solo player for that matter is not going to be getting their trinket any time in the next 2 YEARS. That's not 20min/day play, that's not completionist play, that's not difficulty, that's nothing but utter waste of subscription time and money, that is not an achievement or a accomplishment. That is retarted game design. 2 years for one heirloom trinket! I spent 5 years on Warglaives, but not gonna spent that time for a god damn heirloom that's supposed to be helping with players alts, it's not the most rare legendary item ever.

Blizzard needs to remember what it is that kept players interested in the game. Controversially a lot of these things aren't what players ever would say they "wanted", such as getting a faction to exalted taking weeks for a great trinket, for example. But it keeps players motivated.
    Great trinket, umm at this point i would like to say gear is not that good of a motivation anymore, it might have been in classic, not since.
    i've done the reputations, nearly all of them, think i'm missing 2 classic pvp faction ones currently and the Tanaan ones from exalted. Not once have i done them for a trinket or any gear piece or the reputation itself. The only motivation they've brought me is that moment when i've done absolutely everything in the game and i can say that i'm done. But i'm an exception, i've actually done reputations, which are bad example cause no other player i've met likes to do reputations.

Seemingly the audience is diverse and to some the farmville garrison has been a huge success, to your average RPG players not so much. To be honest the biggest mistake Blizzard is currently doing is forgetting that they have RPG players among their audience who used to play the game for that. Game doesn't cater to them anymore and they have been vocal about it. The story and lore is all over the place with this alternative universe thing, keeping track on characters is almost as complex as Game of Thrones were major characters appear one episode and die and are replaced by another nobody who's name can't be remembered next week.
    Yeah the WoD has a lot of story in the zones and leveling, but to people who are already familiar with the characters and their destiny or fate, rewriting that makes it hard to follow, even though most of them have again met the same fate as they did before. The whole WoD could have worked well as Caverns of Time look back, but we are soon probably getting back to our timeline and possibly bringing some of these characters back there. I don't mean the story is necessarily bad, it's just hard to follow and filled with so many holes that have sort of been answered before but not in this game.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2015-07-05 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I am more concerned about in what direction the game will go in 7.0.

I think the following things will happen:

1.) Blizzard will remove LFR, they will argument that people could use the group finder if they want to play raids. Blizzard will not compensate the LFR players with additional content.
    I can guarentee you that Blizzard will not remove LFR under any given circumstances. If they were to do that then I promise I will never post in this forum again. So confident in my statement that I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I can guarentee you that Blizzard will not remove LFR under any given circumstances. If they were to do that then I promise I will never post in this forum again. So confident in my statement that I am.
    Maybe they never will remove LFR. Unfortunately, I've found a new game that doesn't use LFR and the community is awesome and growing rapidly (I won't name it here because I don't want to come across as advertising it). I cannot ever see myself leaving this new game to return to WoW unless they rip LFR and all group tools from the game.

But, we'll see. But its like night and day. It would feel like a huge step backwards to come back to WoW and its godforsaken group tools.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Problem with WoW is that Blizzard stopped treating their customers right and they see nothing more than $$. The best example is when they said 6.1 shouldn't be 6.1 but 6.05 or so and then pushing 6.2 with nothing worthwhile other than raid (faceroll tbc and wotlk dungeons revamp and mythic dungeons are shit) and saying that we had TWO MAJOR CONTENT PATCHES afterwards just shows how much they piss on us and just want their money until WoW dies. After WoD I am sure WoW is dying fast as much as I despised such theories before. I even unsubbed without being really burned out, didn't even care to pay gold for gametime.

EDIT: They even admitted they fucked up the lore = they don't really care about lore anymore = they don't care about the game that much anymore.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I would have said the same thing had someone suggested "What if they remove our ability to fly..?" back at MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Seems like only person with a brain on these forums.
    Do you smell the irony in your post, 6.3 have non raid content? when the only thing WoD has is raid content, yeah right.
    What are they going to do exactly? When the entire emphasis is on farmville and raids?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You forgot a few options:

1. There might be a 6.3 or more. No one knows. It won't have a raid in it and frankly, that's fine if it doesn't. About time actually.

2. They won't announce the expansion at Blizzcon. They'll announce it much sooner.

If they ever intend to get down to anything less than 18 month expansions, they won't always be able to announce at Blizzcon and have everything done in time.

It's questionable how soon they can do that but any idiot can see that with a stated target of much less than 18 months they'll need to abandon announcing at Blizzcon. I'm quite sure they've figured this out. I don't know why people have such a difficult time getting their head around this. Blizzcon as the only event where they announce WoW expansions is going to stop and probably sooner than most think. Realistically, it has to.
    I'll put a store pet on it with you, right now: the next expansion will be announced at BlizzCon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I would have said the same thing had someone suggested "What if they remove our ability to fly..?" back at MoP.
    I would hope from the 10 Normal experience, from the "hard heroics" experience, the unrewarding dungeons experience, from the dailies experience, and from the flying experience, that cutting content is putting a genie back in the bottle. You can't do it. But then that's quite a few examples where they've tried, so maybe they won't learn at all.