Poll: Do you still get hyped about what blizzard says, or not?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I still get hyped at the Blizzcon shows etc. Its hard not to, when so many of the employees clearly have such passion. Some of them however certainly shouldn't be put in front of an audience - they deffo need a new PR person.

I'm not going to 'fall' for it again and preorder, but I want to be excited.

As for wow-killer, I think what it needs is some strong competition to make Blizz up their game. They have become complacent

Absolutely not. Blizzard has a terrible track record for delivering on hype. Historically, they've canned games (looking at you, Ghost) and, more recently, lots of their games with big hype engines have been bad or meh. Diablo 3 was a terrible offender there; nothing of what that game was deserved the hype. WoW expansions and patches rarely exceed expectations and, I would argue, frequently fall well below them. I still think Starcraft 2 had two nice, strong campaigns, but it's the sorta game that I think is neat, not so much something I get hyped about.

When I think of a game that gets me hyped, I think of Souls/From Software games. Each one has impressed me and exuded quality, even the ones that are not as good as the others (relatively speaking). When I think of the opportunity to play a new one and have a new experience like that, it makes me hyped, because my experience so far has told me that it isn't just a case of "this might be good". It's going to be rad unless some travesty of mismanagement happens.

Also, Blizzard spends too much time saying how amazing and epic their games are on a meta level. It should be a crime to call your own game great, seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill find it funny if we get another 2 or 3k page hype thread here again...

And if people havent learned not to hold mentioned features like holy scripture, then they deserve whats.coming for them

Deleted
    I only get Blizzcon hype. Anything else is just tacked on to the usual routine I do.

To me a lot depends on how the next expansion pans out. Not the hype but the actual content. WoD has many strong points and I found the leveling experience to be among the best ever but garrisons in their current form needs to go. Hand them to guilds and reduce the amount of mini-games in the game, they are a matter of click here, click there, collect rewards and offer nothing in the sense of immersion whatsoever.

Interestingly (to me :P) I have never seen so many people leveling at the low levels as now (I'm finally getting around to leveling that monk w/the gf), which seems odd, right after the release of a new patch of content for end level. Cata had this "issue" (where people turned to alts to get real content since the end-level content did not appeal enough or didn't exist) as well.

Yep. Even if I was disappointed with WoD, Im hyped about whats next for WoW.

I wont be hyped until I see the actual product.

However I know many others will because posters here were like yaaaaaay 6.2 brinnnng it onnnn like weeks ago and then back to bashing, repeat again.

I bet when next expansions is announced people will be yelling about how it will be awesome and everyone who points out the flaws wil be called haters (when I said during wod beta about how they are rushing the expansion everyone called me hater and idiot, guess what they are bashing this expansion right now)
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2015-07-06 at 10:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    what ive learned from reading this thread: blizzard should never listen to the players, or give them what they ask for. the players dont actually know what they want. removing dailies for example, which was often complained about after they werent added in wod till 6.2.
    To be fair though, part of that comes from Blizzard's traditional broad strokes methodology of change.

Deleted
    Well I wasn't hyped about WoD at all since I really disliked the entire theme and the setting and the desperate wc3 lorewhoring. I have been proven wrong on my first impression many times, so I take it all with a grain of salt. I was not hyped about Pandaria because I was worried it would be all FF-type of asian-cute, but it turned out to be my favourite expansion. The only time I was genuinely hyped about a wow expansion was BC- because it was the first expansion, everything was so novel. I remember watching the previews of Nagrand and of flying, I just couldn't believe how beautiful it all was after Crossroads, barrens and blackrock mountain for 2 years.

I would say anyone who falls for the BS train that will likely be making all stops come Blizzcon deserve all that they get. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I get Hyped, but I don't trust them anymore.
    They make every feature look like it's going to expand WoW in many ways, but in the end...

Im still hyped by fun and new stuff not by just anything they throw at us

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get hyped by anything that any company says, since it's all embellishment and often flat out lies for the sake of marketing. People who get super hyped are idiots.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    When they announced that your bags would automatically sort your shit, and people at Blizzcon clapped, it shows you the hardcore fan is easily duped by silly features.

It shows that they dont know how to impress the players anymore with anything new, and are just pandering to you. They will show some feature where you automatically sell your junk items and DE items as you walk past a vendor, people will cheer. They will show a Tauren Rogue hiding behind a tree, and people will laugh.

When reasonable people point out how none of this is new or has any positive impact in the long term game, they will be shouted down and labelled trolls. Then those same fanboys will realize later what they those "trolls" were pointing out as they wait 12-16 months for new content. A new expansion is announced and more features that add convinience and Night Elf Warlocks will impress the drooling fanboy who will go through the same love->hate scenario all over again. Then in 3 years, Gnomes can be Shamans, and hide inside their totems, oh the hilarity of it all! And some new features such as Instant Mount, and a redesign of the Hearthstone, so that you can click anywhere on any map and be transported, yay for convinience! Meanwhile people are wondering why the "World" feels smaller than ever. Rense and repeat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingEye View Post
    I like your name and also your avatar. Game was epic.
    We need more games like that today.

Been a fan since I first got my hands on the WC1 demo as a toddler, but I think I started to notice how they had changed in very late WotLK, finally breaking my trust in the beginning of Cataclysm when they made a series of mistakes they easily could have avoided. Since then it's gotten a lot worse, and I'm glad most people are finally starting to see it.

Deleted
    Not in the slightest. The biggest Blizzard related hype I have is for the Q2 report in August. I will enjoy watching this game die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc still hyped, Blizzard has their own unique way to hype things.
    That's why they sell so good, look WoD, Best sale expansion next to Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Not really. Unless it's something that really catches my interest, I just wait to see actual ingame pics/videos and then eventually get hyped.

Deleted
    The difference between blizzard 10 years ago and blizzard today is that back then they had time and creativity enough to just create stuff one after another even most of it would never be used. Today they don't even dare to start something that could not fit hence they can never react to the present. Was like that during cata (we are working on MOP sorry) was like that during MoP (all resources into WoD!) and has now fallen to a low of "we are currently doing something but try to react to what we see now..." and scrap everything?! I don't like it at all. Yes sunwell seemed not to fit, as did naxxramas in classic or argent tournament in wotlk but it gave players something to do!