Help with insanity clipping during dot weaving

As someone new to dot classes but not at all new to the game I'm having some trouble getting 100% out of my shadow priest.

As of now I have 17.65% haste unbuffed and T17 2pc. I'm finding that if I just spam correct spells in the correct order exactly on GCD that I think I am missing out on a couple of Insanity ticks. Is it worth to delay MB by a fraction of a second every time during Insanity or is it more important to get as many MB's as possible during the fight?

I'm new to the concept of channeled ticks so fill me in if I'm missing some information here. I can't find any solid info on the whole thing.

For example lets just say that you spammed mind flay or mind sear on GCD is that messing up the ticks at all or is each cast sort of carrying over the tick from the previous channel, so it is essentially still one smooth continuous channel?
    Last edited by Rob4now; 2015-07-06 at 01:13 AM.

Deleted
    Mind Sear will tick on the initial cast if you cast it again after the 3rd tick, mind flay will not.

In general, its best not to delay MB but if its literally coming off CD just as you do a tick of insanity, its worth delaying it but anything longer is a waste. MB is the crux of Spriest. Try and get 2 set T18 and you don't need to worry about insanity that much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    Mind Sear will tick on the initial cast if you cast it again after the 3rd tick, mind flay will not.

In general, its best not to delay MB but if its literally coming off CD just as you do a tick of insanity, its worth delaying it but anything longer is a waste. MB is the crux of Spriest. Try and get 2 set T18 and you don't need to worry about insanity that much anymore.
    Does Mindbender take over Insanity for single target as soon as you get 2pc?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob4now View Post
    Does Mindbender take over Insanity for single target as soon as you get 2pc?
    Well if you're using AS for single target, probably not advised. Go CoP, insanity is still better for CoP and for single target. However, in any fight that you would use AS, MBender is more superior than insanity when you pickup the 2pc although it can depend on what pieces you're replacing and what ilevel the tier piece is.