Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How long do you think it's going to be until they update old world again?

Cataclysm was the third expansion of WoW, which updated the old world zones. Now we're slowly drawing closer to a new expansion, and it's three expansions later since Cataclysm. Do you think they might update the old world again?

I mean, the Cataclysm is long over, it makes sense that most of the land has been healed by now. Maybe the severe cases such as the divide between the Northern and Southern Barrens wouldn't have been fixed so quickly, but the others should have recovered a lot.

They can also use it to show us how far the Argent Crusade currently is with healing the plaguelands, and maybe give us back the Park in Stormwind.

What do you think?

I hope they don't touch the old leveling content. It take a ton of resources to do with very little benefit. A waste of time in opinion.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think the old world levelling is good enough for what it is. As someone with most classes at 100 and the stragglers all 70 +, it won't affect me at all and I know I'm not alone in that. Cata was necessary because vanilla content was sooo outdated, but it will hold up for the foreseeable future imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    They may fix Stormwind some day but I doubt that the old world will ever get a really serious update in a general sense.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I would like to see phased parts where you can see the progress you have made. That the things you do have had an affect on the world, that it is changing. Nothing huge like the entire zone, like key areas. Part of a quest maybe, travel to old zones and instances. See what has changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say around the next stat squish to prevent the numbers getting ridiculously low

They might never.

Especially after how much shit they got over the Cata revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    They may fix Stormwind some day but I doubt that the old world will ever get a really serious update in a general sense.
    I don't even know why people give a shit about the Park District personally. There was nobody in there when it was around.

P.S. When is Orgrimmar going to get a wedding chapel? Racism!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I don't really care, I don't like leveling and questing that much, haven't quested in cata old world updates yet, would probably not start questing in another updated version :P I rather they gave us a new battleground =)

Deleted
    They need to come up with a revamp very soon. First good reason you said already, the zones look just like the cataclysm hit yesterday. These zones don't stand the test of time, they are much less timeless than the classic zones. Second very important reason is that the leveling needs a complete overhaul anyway. It's a clusterfuck where nothing makes sense anymore. The leveling experience is far from cohesive. It's too long and too all over the place.

There needs to be a smooth and rewarding leveling experience to max level again, but the the problem is that blizz could be disincentivized to make the leveling fun again because they want people to use the costly level 90 boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's unlikely they'll ever do a remake of the old world levelling stuff again... certainly not on a grand scale like Cataclysm. They might consolidate or change things a bit... maybe combine TBC/WotLK into one interchangeable 20-level stretch rather than making them separate 10 levels each, for example. I don't think they will bother with a remake though.

More likely they will just focus on the character boosts and massive XP increases to get people through and beyond the old content and into the current game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not for low level applications; they already dish out a free 1-90 content skip when buying WoW.

Though I would love to see Kalimdor+EK completely revamped in today's graphics, but twisted/changed so that it makes actual sense for a new story. Maybe tainted by an Old God or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything they should update Outlands then Northrend before they update the old world again. WoD was the perfect time to go back to Outlands and smooth over the quest progression, but another missed opportunity in this expansion...

They have learned their lesson in Cata. Re doing old content is a massive waste of resources. If they were to do it they would have to cut down on other areas like raid, dungeons, quests. The cost of current content is already high, adding more work to that is just insane.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They only thing I want them to do with the old world is a numbers pass so everything isn't so ridiculously face roll. Even without heirlooms you kill everything by sneezing. I get that it's like that because they don't see levelling as having any purpose and want to rush people to end game, but just making it mindlessly simple is missing the point and making a bad situation (for some people) worse. They should have it on par with vanilla questing difficulty, and if you don't like it you can suck it up and shell out your $60 for a level 90.

Ideally they should have had a free in-game option to skip levelling for people that don't like levelling and left 1-100 interesting, but now that they've monetised that it can't really be a thing anymore.

I would like them to fix the damage Cataclysm caused on the old world. But no, no need for them to update the old world its fine as it is.

Deleted
    Never, that's who Shitaclysm came to be. Ofcourse they have no excuse like that for Shitlords of Draenor.

Deleted
    I hope never.
    In Cata Blizzard clearly could not handle a task of that magnitude without cutting corners elsewhere.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A full update à la Cata? Likely never.

Though sporadic Zones for updated Content maybe, likely just phased though like Barrens in 6.3.

Blizzard have said multiple times that the Revamp took much more time/resources than they originally predicted with Cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Cataclysm was the third expansion of WoW, which updated the old world zones. Now we're slowly drawing closer to a new expansion, and it's three expansions later since Cataclysm. Do you think they might update the old world again?

I mean, the Cataclysm is long over, it makes sense that most of the land has been healed by now. Maybe the severe cases such as the divide between the Northern and Southern Barrens wouldn't have been fixed so quickly, but the others should have recovered a lot.

They can also use it to show us how far the Argent Crusade currently is with healing the plaguelands, and maybe give us back the Park in Stormwind.

What do you think?
    They should, but they wont. They messed up with the cata revamp anyway. Instead of making the quests timeless and not specifically related to an expansion they made them VERY specific to one tiny period of time in Cata where DW went on rampage, so now what we are left with is an incredibly outdated world in relation to the story stuck in a tiny window of time.

Basically they fucked up. This revamp took up so much resources they cant justify doing it again so we are forever stuck in Cata time zone.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I can see redone starting zones ... maybe something like the 1 to 20 stuff ... but I mean a lot of people now don't see to quest to level anymore ... especially as a tank or healer when dungeons do it faster.