Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pad this pad that... dps is dps, the faster adds die the faster everyone is back on the boss.

Having everyone spec aoe on a fight like beastlord to blow up adds is a different issue. That is simply being inefficient, and your raid's total dps will be lower than if it had a proper balance.

Bladestorm is also horrible on mannoroth anyway, unless your raid is wiping before the final phase... your overall dps will be lower with bladestorm than avatar or bb.

Total raid dps is what matters, not individual dps, and maximizing the former is what's important (aka everyone aoe spec on kormrok for hands = bad, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I personally have always preferred single target as ultimately that's what kills the boss, and I don't think other classes have to sacrifice the single target that we do for our AOE(i.e. speccing into Bladestorm, losing out on Avatar/Bloodbath).
    Literally the exact opposite is true. Bladestorm (fury) is insane value for 1 talent point and the single target cost for what you gain is small compared to most other specs in the game.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-07-06 at 07:36 PM.

Historically Fury was a lot different than it is now. Reck is shit especially without BB or Avatar which we have a direct trade off for single target to aoe. You would be wrong to say Bladestorm is ueslesss for either of those fights, especially Xhul. The Imps are hands down no1 dps targets and nothing a Warrior can do can even come close to matching the damage from a Bladestorm. With the amount of cleaving and aoe going out you barely even need to target the colour add and it dies quickly enough without giving it a second thought. God only knows how you have the adds up until 20% boss hp, they just die from Imp aoe.

Like I said, it is different week by week, raid by raid. That is all nice you prefer Arms, and it suits you and your raid better, but you would be an imbecile to think Fury is useless or sub-optimal for others. Maybe in a few weeks I won't need to Bladestorm Imps anymore. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    Pad this pad that... dps is dps, the faster adds die the faster everyone is back on the boss.

Having everyone spec aoe on a fight like beastlord to blow up adds is a different issue. That is simply being inefficient, and your raid's total dps will be lower than if it had a proper balance.

Bladestorm is also horrible on mannoroth anyway, unless your raid is wiping before the final phase... your overall dps will be lower with bladestorm than avatar or bb.

Total raid dps is what matters, not individual dps, and maximizing the former is what's important (aka everyone aoe spec on kormrok for hands = bad, etc.)

Literally the exact opposite is true. Bladestorm (fury) is insane value for 1 talent point and the single target cost for what you gain is small compared to most other specs in the game.
    I think the point is though that you sacrifice serious single target dps in order to gain a serious AOE boost, but some classes are doing their serious AOE without sacrificing single target via talents. So in some cases if what you lack is priority single target during an AOE phase (like on Iskar) then you could be in a scenario where avatar lets you kill the boss and Bladestorm doesnt.. Or in the case where the excess AOE dps of Bladestorm is not required due to the raid comp, but additional single target would be highly valuable.

Fury Warrior single target without Avatar/BB is quite junk, it's one of the lowest of all classes at 695-705 ish ilvl, you really do just throw it in the bin. Possibly the most efficient single target + AOE class is an Enhancement Shaman, as their single target dps increases while they AOE. Our Iskar this week had an Arms Warrior top damage, Destro Lock 2nd and Enhancement 3rd all around the 63k mark. But the Arms (Bloodbath/Ravager) + Enhancement were top on all the priority targets, whilst the lock was very high illusions but quite behind on the rest.

So Arms is popular because of this, their dps is really strong on priority targets without any compromises made during cleave, they are also speccing pure single target (well, in our case) rather than going for Bladestorm padding glory. A Fury Warrior could post just as impressive numbers as an Arms Warrior, maybe more. But the priority target damage with Fury would be lower due to taking Bladestorm, and without taking Bladestorm the overall damage would be much lower.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-07-06 at 09:36 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

What is your opinion on whale hunting?

Just changed Zakuun talents from AM to Ravager and added text explaining when to go AM for it.
    Also would highly appreciate it if anybody is sitting with some gems for HFC which they want to share, not only on the talent/glyphs, but playstyle wise and CD lineups etc.
    Warrior Armory
    Twitch Stream
    Warrior DPS Hellfire Citadel Guide (Spreadsheet and Videos)
    BattleTag: fuguki#2456

[IMG][/IMG]

Deleted
    I have this one question - is it worth to go Arms on Tyrant Valhari and Council fights, even if I do NOT have new 4set piece? I am 692 HC BRF geared and had bad luck with hellfire citadel drops so far. I am playing TG fury on all fights atm, but I want to do my best to bring optimal dps output on each boss.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAssasin View Post
    I have this one question - is it worth to go Arms on Tyrant Valhari and Council fights, even if I do NOT have new 4set piece? I am 692 HC BRF geared and had bad luck with hellfire citadel drops so far. I am playing TG fury on all fights atm, but I want to do my best to bring optimal dps output on each boss.
    With the changed t17 4piece from BRF, I think you'd actually be better off playing fury. On council you could probably do about even on both speccs(so go with whichever you prefer). As far as Tyrant goes, I think you'd do more dps playing arms, but if you are progressing on it, then fury is probably better. This is because the bottleneck of the fight is usually the 70% to 40% phase, where you want maximum damage, which fury can more reliably do, especially with BRF 4set. I don't think I would touch arms really until you've gotten 2piece. You can definitely do serious dps for both tyrant and council once you get the 2-piece T18 though.
    Warrior Armory
    Twitch Stream

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by fuguki View Post
    Just changed Zakuun talents from AM to Ravager and added text explaining when to go AM for it.
    Also would highly appreciate it if anybody is sitting with some gems for HFC which they want to share, not only on the talent/glyphs, but playstyle wise and CD lineups etc.
    I use AM on Zakuun (as Fury), it allows Reck to line up perfectly for 3 uses, but will of course depend on your raids DPS. If you are going to play Fury though, that is one of the fights to use T18 as Fury on.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I use AM on Zakuun (as Fury), it allows Reck to line up perfectly for 3 uses, but will of course depend on your raids DPS. If you are going to play Fury though, that is one of the fights to use T18 as Fury on.
    Zakuun seems like a no brainer, but what other fights would you use it on?

Did you mean to say AM as Arms? 3 Recks on that fight with Anger Management and T18 4p as fury doesn't sound right.
    Last edited by fuguki; 2015-07-09 at 01:53 AM.
    Warrior Armory
    Twitch Stream

[IMG][/IMG]

Either use AM or T18 4piece I think he meant to say.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Strongly considering changing Hellfire Assault to Fury(with t17 4p). Can't test it right now since I don't raid untill Friday. My reasoning is that arms is most likely much better for the hulkings/felcasters throughout the fight, but Fury with t17 4p should have the perfect(and t17 buffed) Recklessness'(1. Start, 2. Grute+Urogg, 3. any of the last vehicles).

Anyone who can confirm/deny?
    Warrior Armory
    Twitch Stream

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAssasin View Post
    Yes, however without 4pc Valhari and Council are the only fights you should play arms on. Even then, if your guild is nuking down Bloodboil rather than cleaving him and Jubeithos down together then you'll have about 20% of the fight where you can cleave effectively. At this point if you're more comfortable on fury then you'll do more dps as fury.

Strongly considering changing Hellfire Assault to Fury(with t17 4p). Can't test it right now since I don't raid untill Friday. My reasoning is that arms is most likely much better for the hulkings/felcasters throughout the fight, but Fury with t17 4p should have the perfect(and t17 buffed) Recklessness'(1. Start, 2. Grute+Urogg, 3. any of the last vehicles).

Anyone who can confirm/deny?
    It's as simple as this. Is this fight appropriate for bladestorm or alternatively a fight with only a single target? If so then play fury. Is this a fight with a consistent uptime on adds / multiple targets where bladestorm is not appropriate? Then play arms.

Of course what is exactly 'best' down to the nth degree for purely single target dps will vary with gear and things like kill times, but if you want to make blanket rules then these are the ones to follow.

What is more complex is deciding when it's appropriate to use certain talents and when to use certain cool downs in fights.
    Last edited by fearmemortals; 2015-07-09 at 03:51 AM.

Pure Rage Potion wouldn't be viable for something like Velhari execute phase over a Str potion right?

Quote Originally Posted by fearmemortals View Post
    It's as simple as this. Is this fight appropriate for bladestorm or alternatively a fight with only a single target? If so then play fury.
    You are ignoring the fact that the whole point of the spreadsheet/this thread is to NOT make blanket rules but look at each boss individually. I also disagree with fury being the be-all and end-all single target choice this tier. The closest thing you get to patchwork in HFC are Iron Reaver and Fel Lord Zakuun, both of which I think arms is the superior specc.
    Warrior Armory
    Twitch Stream

[IMG][/IMG]

Did you mean to say AM as Arms? 3 Recks on that fight with Anger Management and T18 4p as fury doesn't sound right.
    AM is actually still quite effective even with T18 (Fury), because it gets you more Avatars to line up with your more frequent Recklessness, in addition to the marginal bonus of getting more Storm Bolts. Siegebreaker is just an extra GCD in an already fairly capped spec (with Worldbreakers) and Ravager is just bad all around for Fury.

- - - Updated - - -

You are ignoring the fact that the whole point of the spreadsheet/this thread is to NOT make blanket rules but look at each boss individually. I also disagree with fury being the be-all and end-all single target choice this tier. The closest thing you get to patchwork in HFC are Iron Reaver and Fel Lord Zakuun, both of which I think arms is the superior specc.
    It's debatable. Although Arms can strictly speaking be better than Fury for pure Single Target, having only one target to Rend does not make it very fun to play. Humorously, Fury is much more stable and consistent, while Arms feels subject to RNG on MS resets (as opposed to the historical opposite).

For me, the difference is small enough (3-5k), that I choose to play Fury just because it was more consistent and more fun, while Arms was a snorefest waiting for MS.

Quote Originally Posted by Felroar View Post
    Pure Rage Potion wouldn't be viable for something like Velhari execute phase over a Str potion right?
    Pure Rage Potion just gives you 2 more executes, where as a Draenic Strength Potion lasts 25 seconds and affects all your hits, easily outweighing 2 more executes.

Deleted
    Bladestorm on kormrok feels like darmac, a huge padfest and everyone does shitty single target afterwards. I really hate the fact that they moved bladestorm to this tier of talents :/

bladestorm on kormrok is anything but padding. On Mythic when you get the 4th dragging hands you are pretty damn fuked if you can't kill those hands in a matter of like 4-5 seconds. Because of Pound coming just a few seconds later.

Sidestep blitz, lol. Pop DBTS and ride the lightning IMO!
    I found out the hard way that he can blitz you into walls, then you fall through the world and die. It's still a lot of fun to rid it, but deceptively deadly!