Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ugh, I have to say this post fills me with dread, as there was nothing I hated more in Guild Wars 2 than the jumping puzzles, I find them to be both un-fun and something to artificially make an area take longer to do (thus to make it seem like it has "more content" because you took longer to finish).

Ultimately if they say in small corners of the world and can generally be ignored, I don't mind a few being added for folks like the OP that enjoy them. I just hope they don't start to feature more heavily. Guild Wars 2 WoW is not, and I'd like for it to stay that way.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Alliance

They had a chance with the races remodel, to give everyone proper jumping animations... but no, they had to keep "the feels" and the atrocious jumping animations (and, well, most other atrocious animations).

Jumping puzzles will NEVER be fun if your character jumps like a dumb idiot (yes, not even like an intelligent idiot). THERE GOES THE FROG LEAP, I'M SO HEROIC HONK HONK.

It would be fun if they'd pick some things from games like old Tomb Raider, like grabbing from ledges, climbing ropes, and all that. Those are fun things that our heroes should be able to do, and could be a fun source of side entertainment and heroic moments. Imagine digging for archaeology and poof, an optional clickable "ruin" entrance appears next to your fragments (so you can pick them up and ignore it)! Or you have to enter a stronghold and you can choose to climb the wall with a rope (yeah, you get shot down if you try to fly inside... they've always had tools for that kind of problems, but they've been too stubborn to remember them) and it becomes a climbing minigame, dodging attacks from above (and it's optional, so if you don't like that you take the usual click-buttons-until-target-dies approach).

But it just comes down to animations. I don't see them making cool animations, so it's all moot. It will never be fun. They'll always try to make things epic and cool and all that without really commiting to it. Your character has to climb up a rope? No problem! Use the "crafting" hand animation and "levitate" leg animation and stick the rope to his hands! WOW, THAT'S EPIC.

If I wanted jumping puzzles, I would be playing a platformer.

My Heroic Leap > your jumping puzzles!

Now if only it could get over that pebble on the floor in raids

I really enjoy stuff like this, and those locations in Tanaan were a blast.

i like jumping puzzles. although, i wish they'd put a little more effort into them. make them a bit more complicated and numerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    What? I could understand that argument if you had to jump on a moving train, but static geometry requires good internet? It's not even spellcasting, jumping is completely client-sided.
    Seems like it could be, but it's not.

Go find yourself a 300msec connection and check it out. I don't know what the client and server are chatting about but latency totally fucks up jumping.

Jumping puzzles in GW2 are amazing. Its not only the sense of achievement working out the puzzle its finding the hidden entrance to one that is an achievement in itself.

The first time I found griffonrook I was blown away.

"you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They're one of the primary reasons they didn't want to enable flying in Draenor. Flying makes all those jumping puzzles trivial...
    I guess no one at Blizzard was smart enough to think of putting jumping puzzles indoors.

And what is so atrocious about it? It's the logical way. Plus, you can jump different distances, you just have to press Space first, and then W. Depending on the time you waited before pressing forward, you will jump different lengths. Or, if you require super precise jumping, you can turn around and jump backwards.
    My game must be broken as i can't jump at different lengths. Manic Miner has more sophisticated jumping than WoW. You think jumping and spinning around in the air 50 times and still landing the predetermined 10' is logical? I can see why we will never agree. I don't fault Blizzard for giving it the old college try but they are terrible imho. I guess it could be due to the fact i also play GW2. Some people may enjoy them so fair play to Blizzard for trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    Wacky way they went about doing that tbh. I jumped around the corner to the left and it was much quicker. Very cool puzzle.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? I could understand that argument if you had to jump on a moving train, but static geometry requires good internet? It's not even spellcasting, jumping is completely client-sided.
    Ahaha, the naiveté of someone who has never played on a US server from Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    Ugh, I have to say this post fills me with dread, as there was nothing I hated more in Guild Wars 2 than the jumping puzzles, I find them to be both un-fun and something to artificially make an area take longer to do (thus to make it seem like it has "more content" because you took longer to finish).

Ultimately if they say in small corners of the world and can generally be ignored, I don't mind a few being added for folks like the OP that enjoy them. I just hope they don't start to feature more heavily. Guild Wars 2 WoW is not, and I'd like for it to stay that way.
    You don't have to go through jumping puzzles to complete an area.

Jumping puzzles are usually hidden and mainly for the explorers to find and get joy over for completing, an extra small achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballrug View Post
    Seems like it could be, but it's not.

Go find yourself a 300msec connection and check it out. I don't know what the client and server are chatting about but latency totally fucks up jumping.
    I had connection freezes for 10+ seconds in early days, and it didn't impede moving around in the slightest. The monsters didn't load, the spells didn't cast, but moving around wasn't changed at all. Maybe you are experiencing some other problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    Jumping puzzles in GW2 are amazing. Its not only the sense of achievement working out the puzzle its finding the hidden entrance to one that is an achievement in itself.

Oh man, this one was the worst of them all. Stupid griffons with random attack timers. One try they wait 2 seconds before swinging, another just instantly hitting you, making you do it from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    You don't have to go through jumping puzzles to complete an area.

Jumping puzzles are usually hidden and mainly for the explorers to find and get joy over for completing, an extra small achievement.
    Yeah i liken them to grinding an old mount in WoW. You don't have to do them but you want to do them. Well some people do.

I really dislike jumping puzzles. That's why I only have like 6 datacrons in SWTOR.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    This is also my feeling on the matter. I strongly dislike jumping puzzles in this game.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballrug View Post
    Jumping puzzles in WoW, which require some client-server communication, will make you want to set fire to your computer if your latency is 200+ msec.
    Jumping puzzles are something I hate in all shapes and forms. I had been unlucky enough to encounter the second one posted by the OP, "solved" easily with heroic leap on my warrior and abandoned in a few minutes on my priest... It's just horribly frustrating.
    Last edited by Zka; 2015-07-06 at 12:42 PM.

I don't hate jumping puzzles, I just think that wow doesn't handle them well, the movement system isn't that great.

If blizzard was listening I would encourage them to move as far away from jumping puzzles as quickly as possible.

Wow just doesn't do them well at all. blizzard has tried them for 2 expansions and jumping puzzles remain as bad as ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    I totally agree.