Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banomatic View Post
    Hypothetical. A very large and severely damaged alien ship enters Earth's atmosphere and enters a slow, controlled but decaying orbit and is estimated to crash somewhere in Eastern Europe (omg not America?! ) like Transylvania. The technology on board could boost our technology centuries ahead, not to mention be an edge for whoever secures it, against the opponents.

It's clearly seen by everyone the globe, the news talk about it 24/7, etc etc etc. Mass hysteria, etc.

Would the global powers mount a fast offensive to secure the site ahead of the others? I mean I can imagine Russia rushing everything its got to secure it ahead of NATO, and NATO doing the same. Would there be a conflict over it considering the stakes are pretty high?

Would Russia and China not do anything like that but demand equal rights to investigate the crash? Would they be accepted?
    Transylvania? Oh, I'm sorry, Transylvania is part of Romania, and now, so are the aliens and their technology. By the time your planes get here (30 min) we'll have scrapped the whole ship and took all the important tech. If it has metal, the rate of assimilating the tech would skyrocket.
    Trust me, we have gypsies, they move fast when money is involved... if you know what I mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    who said anything about 2200? this is zero day we are talking about! THE END TIMES! draenei invading earth with their tentacles and cooties and waggles!!!
    What if there are alien night elves on a stolen draenei ship?

15+ Year Old Account
    The UN got a 'space ambassador', time to let him goto work and carve up the cake
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Neufab View Post
    What about Alien rights?
    Illegal immigrants something something
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Illegal immigrants something something
    In that case I can absolutely assure you it will land in the west.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine the looks on their faces when they find nothing inside and it turns out to be a giant wireframe covered in metal sheets.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

Guys, regardless of where the spaceship lands, you keep forgetting that the spaceship has aliens on it. Before anyone claims anything, we would have to deal with them folks first. I don't think that, even if the ship is damaged, we could get close to it just like that. Let alone scavenge it.

Ever heard of laser guns? They'll probably shoot you with it if you dared to show up with tanks in a hostile manner.

I believe a District 9 scenario is more likely than WW3
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2015-07-07 at 12:44 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    if it's a draenei ship hopefully we burn it before their evil can spread.
    I think you mean be converted over to the side of sexy space-goats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I'm pretty sure it would be a battle between Atheists and Non-Atheists to begin with. Would like be Multiple attacks to try and destroy it straight up as it would go directly against religious Dogma.

Once that dust settled I'm sure the countries that were left would kill enough of eachother off until 1 country was left standing.
    Yeah....no. Alien life wouldn't prove or disprove the existence of God.

If it's a large ship but it is severely damaged then it probably only has 1 sectopod and my sniper is specced for double tap, so I'd go for it.