Poll: Should mogging get a facelift?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As I am not much into transmog myself, I do believe that the restrictions need to be lifted. Maybe just not for PvP.

I just want to be able to use my legendaries that I've earned for transmog.. makes no sense now. Especially since you can use them in timewalking, which is basically like having your normal weapon trasmogged to the legendary, because they're the same ilvl.

The entire time I was in timewalking dungeons with my warglaives I was just thinking "why cant we just transmog them? This makes no sense, what is so bad about this? its just a weapon skin...."

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems this is largely popular so far, which is nice, excepting my fifth suggestion. I was more saying that raid sets should be made availalbe for some form of currency reward rather than just "giving them away", but I get why people are against it and I've been persuaded.

Also, I should have mentioned that I love the idea of hiding gear slots. I can't think of a single valid reason not to do it.

Deleted
    There are some weapons restrictions that would need loosening yes, but I wouldn't remove the cloth/leather/mail/plate requirement.

Deleted
    The only thing they should change with Xmogging is to copy the way GW2 do it and introduce the Wardrobe System. That means u have a wardrobe where every item u ever collect is saved and can be accessed and used simply and efficiently.

I bet Blizzard copy this system in the next expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I bet Blizzard copy this system in the next expac.
    They already have it in D3 and they stated that they want it in WoW.

I just want to see all the stupid restrictions go away. If you can equip it, you should be able to transmog it (that includes legendary and "silly" items). If I want to transmog a White Wedding Dress + dual fish maces on my warrior, I should be able to do so.

I'd also like to see a system where you can add items to a "transmogrification tab" or something. The stuff in this tab would still be available for transmog purposes, even after you've vendored/destroyed the item. That way I wouldn't have both void storage tabs and half my bank filled with gear.

edit: an "invisible" option for certain pieces would be nice too. We can already do it with the cloak and helm through interface options, but it'd be cool if I had the option to do that with any slot (say I wanted to remove the chest/shirt and go for a "Conan" or "300" look on my warrior).
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-07-06 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No wtf, it's fine how it is.
    Blizzard is good in making things, but also known to fuck it up right after if they change it.
    Example AV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amulree View Post
    5) Stop locking sets behind raid walls. The new sets should be cosmetically available for players that don’t raid, but love the look of new armour.
    Absolutely not. I would never consider this to be a viable proposition.
    as a none raider there is zero reason for me to look like I was. it devalues the effort that the raiding community put into there efforts if johnny no raider can go to a vendor and buy the latest look a like raid set.

What I would love to see is the D3 system, Collect an item and it becomes available on an NPC as an option to use. However unlike the D3 version where you can find an item, pass it between your team members to get the mog, I would suggest that to get the mog option the vendor takes it off you and it gets destroyed, it would then be available as transmogrify option off the vendor in the same way that D3 is.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When even Diablo has a better transmog system than WoW, you know their priorities are wonky. There are so many MMOs that show how to do wardrobes correctly, it's sad. One of the laziest implementations Blizzard has added to date. All of the OPs suggestions are present across a variety of games, Rift, Wildstar, LotRO, god...like every MMO ever except WoW.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Axelvis View Post
    Yes. There are a lot of unique white items (pandaren starter robes, for example) that look fantastic but you cannot use. And allow invisible things too.

Then the system should work like a "collection" rather than the single items in your bags. Like heirlooms.
    Well you can get the monk starter gear by boosting a monk or having a monk with a salvage yard in the garrison. Though good luck on the salvage yard part

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I just want to see all the stupid restrictions go away. If you can equip it, you should be able to transmog it (that includes legendary and "silly" items). If I want to transmog a White Wedding Dress + dual fish maces on my warrior, I should be able to do so.

I'd also like to see a system where you can add items to a "transmogrification tab" or something. The stuff in this tab would still be available for transmog purposes, even after you've vendored/destroyed the item.
    The only way they should ever allow legendaries to be transmog is if you got it when it was current
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    Well you can get the monk starter gear by boosting a monk or having a monk with a salvage yard in the garrison. Though good luck on the salvage yard part

- - - Updated - - -

The only way they should ever allow legendaries to be transmog is if you got it when it was current
    Wasn't really hard until they completly destroyed the salvage yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Wasn't really hard until they completly destroyed the salvage yard.
    Agreed. I wonder if any dks have gotten the really awesome sword yet from it

Deleted
    diablo3 xmog system pretty please

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I think there's even been word out of Blizzard that they're working on making it more Diablo style so you just 'unlock' designs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have even the slightest idea how long it would take them to implement a dye system? They have a make a "dye-level" template (e.g. you can dye 4 area's of an armor piece) that would somehow be sufficient for every.single.armour.piece.in.the.game. and then they would also have to go over each distinct model to actually "cut" it in X aforementioned layers.

Don't get me wrong, I would like a dye system quite a bit. I just don't see it happen at all.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    No wtf, it's fine how it is.
    Blizzard is good in making things, but also known to fuck it up right after if they change it.
    Example AV.
    .... Yowza, that's one hell of a "apples vs oranges" argument there kiddo.

- - - Updated - - -

Seen plenty of them around.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I wish you could transmog trinket procs, there have been some really cool ones over the years.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    .... Yowza, that's one hell of a "apples vs oranges" argument there kiddo.

- - - Updated - - -

Seen plenty of them around.
    Cool. The dks i have ran into dont have it

wich one, kind sir?