Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    And no this is not a troll post

couple encounters with interesting mechanics. Not really a fan of the art though and the "lore".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Highmaul was terrible, in my opinion, both aesthetically and mechanics wise. BRF was better, and fun for a while, most of the fights were great but it got boring really quickly, I think it was mostly because of it looking pretty much like Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0. HFC is amazing, while it does reuse a lot of assets, specifically the buildings and trash models/armor, the mechanics and boss fights make up for it along with the design of boss rooms.
    I agree about HM, and BRF was nice, it was actually innovative with environmental mechanics we hadn't really seen much of before; like Hanz and Franz, Thogar, Oregorger for example. Hellfire Citadel though I'm struggling to see what the fuss is about; on top of the copy paste of Iron Seigeworks art onto TBC maps, I honestly don't feel like there's really much 'new' in there as far as fight mechanics go; they all feel very "switch and burn", and Iskarr's main gimmick, the first feel of 'uniqueness' is utterly trivialised by the Exorsus addon. Then there's the "lore", or total lack of it; bunch of no-names then suddenly 'Oh shit, Archimonde's here'.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-07-06 at 03:40 PM.

Deleted
    same reason why every other raid is fun?

new gear, new sets, new bosses & mechanics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Highmaul was terrible, in my opinion, both aesthetically and mechanics wise. BRF was better, and fun for a while, most of the fights were great but it got boring really quickly, I think it was mostly because of it looking pretty much like Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0. HFC is amazing, while it does reuse a lot of assets, specifically the buildings and trash models/armor, the mechanics and boss fights make up for it along with the design of boss rooms.
    I have to disagree here. I thought Tectus, Ko'ragh, and Brackenspore were pretty well designed and unique fights. I think Brackenspore is probably my favorite fight thus far from a mechanical and aesthetic point of view. I really wish Blizzard would make another outdoor jungle/water type raid. (Note when I say water I don't mean in water, I mean water mechanics like Brackenspore)
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Raids is the one feature in wow that has become better and better for every expansion.
    more advanced encounters and mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    The saving grace of the expansion is the raids. The raids are top noch. Some of the best raids ever made.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Hated High maul but there were alot of high movement fights in brf and hfc which keeps you excited
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering raiding is where all of WoD's budget that wasn't used to buy the dev team borderline-lethal amounts of crack went, it damn well better be the best raiding yet.

Infracted [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2015-07-06 at 07:51 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reaver View Post
    I honestly don't get why people praise the raids so much. They are ok, but they are not that awesome. Higmaul was pretty boring. Maybe people just think they are so awesome because the rest of the expansion sucks so much in comparison.
    This. And on what difficulty?

People can't honestly think raids are "excellent" on LFR? Normal? Those difficulties are for chumps.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Considering raiding is where all of WoD's budget that wasn't used to buy the dev team borderline-lethal amounts of crack went, it damn well better be the best raiding yet.
    Farahlon replaced with Cocaine island.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-07-07 at 05:22 PM. Reason: infraction reversed
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    I have not played HFC at all so I can only comment on HM and BRF.

HM: I disliked it at first but it really grew on me. As a tank, I enjoyed Butcher a lot, and Twins & Koragh. Imperator is... it was tough to learn, but once you got it, it's fun. Disliked Textus, Brackenspore was okay.

BRF: was hit&miss for me. Absolutely HATE Oregorger. Hans&Franz are fun, Iron Maidens I found boring as tank but fun as dps, Thogar is great. Disliked Beastlord & Furnace, rest was okay.

All in all nice design. Wish I had had a stable hc guild to enjoy it with, instead it was hundreds of LFR and pugs pugs pugs.

The encounters aren't too bad.
    The overall looks of the raid are pretty shite, just as shite as WoD itself is.
    Dark cavern > dark cavern > dark stadium > dark cavern > dark cavern.

imo, WoD raids are very lackluster compared to previous raids. All of highmaul was boring, very little about brf was good (trains boss and oregorger), the last boss, blackhand, was probably the least intimidating and lamest last boss in the history of all video games, ever made, including Knight Rider. HFC has actually been mostly good so far though (we're only about 3/4 through it), but it's nothing to write home to your momma about.

MoP and Wrath raids were way better than WoD raids, and even BoT is a contender. Every raid ever made short of some of the terrible BC ones (i.e. other than Black Temple and Sunwell) is definitely better than Highmaul and brf were.

However, in comparison to the rest of how terrible WoD is, the raids are definitely a highlight!

I think it's really unfortunate that players have been trained to accept the idea that raids consist of highly scripted, elaborate, predictable "encounters". It's a really boring concept that is now accepted as the norm.

What people like about raids is the social aspect, the idea of working together to conquer challenges. But there has to be a way to make it more of an adventure. Right now raiding is too much like tedious training as part of a synchronized swim team.