Poll: Which feature was/is better

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Garrison is a hundred times better than Sunsong Ranch. Which may be the problem, actually, as it makes it even more punishing to skip it on a character

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Which one did you liked more and do you wish to carry over to next expansion if you could decide.
    Apples and oranges...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    I am pretty sure you dont need the garrison to level though...the rest is true.
    Ok I concede. You can still kill boars, dungeon / battleground grind. So only if you want to do any quests in a zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    The farm being optional was so much better. Ideally, the Garrison was a good idea, but it was poorly implemented, thus Garrisonville was born. They need to find a middle ground imo, really hated the mines & herb garden.
    I guess this has been brought up a lot, but I don't feel like the 'commander' of my own garrison if I have to do all of the legwork
    that right there is what bothers me.

That said I also don't like just being given all the things without work...putting professions into the garrison in the form of buildings and mat collection was what kills the whole garrison for me.

the daily work orders for mats are no fun. i like having my fishing shack. i like my follower missions. i like my salvage yard. I like my inn and trading post. its just logging on every day to deal with all the crafting crap is irritating because if i dont i am leaving essentially free stuff on the table. its like not matching your employers 401k contribution %.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    A plantation with fort walls?
    Garrisons as housing to be permanent and based in capital cities.

Halfhills in the expansions as daily hubs, but operate similar to the garrisons in scope.

The ideal medium is Molten Front. Evolves over time, with plenty of story to go with it (the people doing this stuff are the lore types; and then the alts ... and Molten Front was alt friendly. I brought out 2 alts with me, while downing the content while it was current).

Things like this has been nevermore ever since (group pic for the Molten Front highest point achieve - ran my alts through it all at once)...

From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Ok I concede. You can still kill boars, dungeon / battleground grind. So only if you want to do any quests in a zone.
    haha true. you would be very limited on quests.

Remember when you didn't need to farm to get the legendary?
    This was never true. Every single legendary required repeated playing of content.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Remember when you didn't need to farm to level?
    Remember when you didn't need to farm to get the legendary?
    Remember when you didn't need to farm to access a whole zone of content?

I do.
    Farmed raids!

Neither. they are poor excuses for player housing & should be swiftly removed from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Garrisons as housing to be permanent and based in capital cities.

Halfhills in the expansions as daily hubs, but operate similar to the garrisons in scope.

The ideal medium is Molten Front. Evolves over time, with plenty of story to go with it (the people doing this stuff are the lore types; and then the alts ... and Molten Front was alt friendly. I brought out 2 alts with me, while downing the content while it was current).

Things like this has been nevermore ever since (group pic for the Molten Front highest point achieve - ran my alts through it all at once)...

All i see is 4 very ugly transmogs haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    I am pretty sure you dont need the garrison to level though...the rest is true.
    Actually you did have to do the first few quests for the garrison to progress through your starting zone (at least as Horde). You could technically skip it by spamming dungeons or grinding until the next zone, but if you wanted to level through questing you had to set it up.

The Garrison completely made Mining / Herbing

10+ Year Old Account
    All i see is 4 very ugly transmogs haha
    Apparently, you didn't even play in Cata, Gim.

I saved my T10 for the day transmorgs even became available ... I didn't go back to farm them again, I kept everything, in hope that day will come.

It did.

(And you didn't even read what I stated, anyway). -_-
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    I detest how the Shipyard is part of the legendary questline.

The ranch was better in every single way conceivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    This was never true. Every single legendary required repeated playing of content.
    Which legendary did you need Sunsong Ranch (i.e. the Farm) for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Apparently, you didn't even play in Cata, Gim.

I saved my T10 for the day transmorgs even became available ... I didn't go back to farm them again, I kept everything, in hope that day will come.

It did.

(And you didn't even read what I stated, anyway). -_-
    I have played Cataclysm http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...96:15070:a5879

Anyways, i know transmog came in 4.3, but i looked at that mage (i think it's a mage) and those shoulders aren't from Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played Cataclysm http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...96:15070:a5879

Anyways, i know transmog came in 4.3, but i looked at that mage (i think it's a mage) and those shoulders aren't from Cata.
    Then you'd know my sis didn't transmorg then -- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...96:15070:a5879

But my alts did (and I kept their gear, too).

Quote Originally Posted by Teeahmat View Post
    I don't like either. People say ranch wasn't mandatory, but it sure as hell felt it. It was a lot of rep and profession good being wasted if you didn't.
    The farm didn't give rep of any sorts until 5.1 or 5.2 (can't remember), right around the time when they introduced the tokens that gave 100% bonus for a particular faction (accountwide) and dungeon championing.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think the shipyard is the best iteration and seems to strike the best balance between the ranch and the garrison. The garrison had too many followers to manage and free resources made it feel like a chore to log-in and harvest every day. I do agree that professions were crushed with garrisons.

Deleted
    I dislike that stuff altogether. Imo best design was cataclysm weekly valor cap - I could do cap in one evening or bit by bit. Garrisons are hourly to daily to <workorder duration> - it's too much timecaped stuff. It feels eery, it feels alienated from the actual game and it just is unnecessary. Hell in classic I would go mad if I wanted my arcanite reaper and had no possibility to actually farm arcanite crystals out in the world but had to wait.. day for day... for some cooldown. That just sucks. If I want that purple I want it NOW even if that means I have to farm the next 20 hours ingame nonstop.

Didn't like the farm one bit. It felt horribly instanced and generic. At least garrison gives you the illusion of slight customization.