10+ Year Old Account

Where are the Dragons of Nightmare?

Ever since the Cataclysm revamp of Azeroth the Dragons of Nightmare (Emeriss, Lethon, Ysondre and Taerar) and all the other green dragons have been removed from their zones. I know they have been dealt with during Stormrage but how come some books are canon and some books are never dealt with in the game (Me'dan)?
    If you didn't read the book you might think they were just removed from the game without any given reason. Could this maybe mean the Emerald Dream might play a role in the future? Yes, this has been beaten to death but it's still one the most interesting stories in Warcraft.

Taerar and Ysondre are both in Feralas.

Emeriss apparently died in Stormrage and so did Lethon.

I personally think the stories in the books should happen in game as a lot of big events happen, I think we will see all four of them again in a Emerald Dream expansion.
    Last edited by Splub; 2015-07-07 at 03:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Petyr Baelish View Post
    but how come some books are canon and some books are never dealt with in the game (Me'dan)?
    All external media released by Blizzard is canon except for mods and the tabletop RPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    All external media released by Blizzard is canon except for mods and the tabletop RPG.
    Yes I know but it's never dealt with in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Petyr Baelish View Post
    how come some books are canon and some books are never dealt with in the game (Me'dan)?
    All the books are canon. Some things aren't dealt with ingame (Medan) because they realised how terrible they were (Half human, quarter orc, quarter draenei mage-shaman-priest son of Mediev) and try to distance themselves from it.

The only appearance he should make is us finding out he died and that Khadgar took Atiesh off him.

I remember the old days where every Alliance player questing in Duskwood was scared to go to the place in the center of the zone because there was a huge dragon there. Good times.

Taerar and Ysondre appear during Feralas quests.

Taerar is killed by the player, and Ysondre has been purified, but is stuck in mortal Night Elf form, for some reason.

*Lethon died in Stormrage when Eranikus pulled him into the boundary between Azeroth and the Emerald Dream, where the chaotic energies between the two worlds tore him apart.
    *Emeriss died in Stormrage when Tyrande used Elune's power to purify the Nightmare's corruption from him, disintegrating the dragon because nothing was left of Emeriss BUT corruption.
    *Ysondre has been cleansed of the Nightmare's corruption, but she remains both weak and ashamed of what she did under its control. Hiding in the form of a night elf, she asks the player to defeat Taerar, the last of the Nightmare dragons, in a post-Cataclysm Feralas quest chain.
    *Taerar dies at the player's hands in the post-Cataclysm Feralas questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    She's not stuck in the form, she wishes to remain obscure and the only way to do that is masquerade as another night elf in Kalimdor.
    I seem to recall her stating that she no longer had the power to turn back into a Dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's not stuck in the form, she wishes to remain obscure and the only way to do that is masquerade as another night elf in Kalimdor.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't exist anymore, all dead in books, if I remember right the book where Malfurion descend to godhood status and control all Azeroth at same time
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

And this is why stuff should happen ingame. Not to mention how the books ruin the story anyway. Also, one of the dragons was killed by a player? A single player? He got the Stitches syndrome? /sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, whilst he is wrong because she is stuck in the form, still weak doesn't mean she can't gain strength over time. She's just currently unable. Kinda like if a tennis player broke an arm. It's another of those open ended things, where whilst yes she cannot currently go dragon, doesn't mean she will never be able.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    All the books are canon. Some things aren't dealt with ingame (Medan) because they realised how terrible they were (Half human, quarter orc, quarter draenei mage-shaman-priest son of Mediev) and try to distance themselves from it.

The only appearance he should make is us finding out he died and that Khadgar took Atiesh off him.
    I wouldn't be shocked to learn that Khadgar in WoD was actually Med'an in disguise.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe at that point in time but

you see that aquamonkey? learn some lore before you spew stupid bullshit
    No need to backtrack and get hostile. Just because she wants to accept her situation and find peace with it doesn't validate your claim that "she's not stuck in the form." But apparently quoting where she said she can't turn into a dragon is "spewing stupid bullshit."
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2015-07-07 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Goddamn it I need to get around to levelling an alt through ferelas, first I miss the cho'gall thing and now this?! Sod!