Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    He didn't have the best judgment at the time because of the alcohol - maybe he had a lot to drink. It's really not that shocking to hear about a drunk person accidentally killing themselves.
    Even at my most intoxicated (to the point where I proudly declared that I could feel my face in the cab home), it has never even crossed my mind to think blowing up my head was a good idea.

There's dumb and there's this new level of dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    They have really long fuses. So you light it, drop it in the tube, pick the tube up, put it on your head, and still have 10s of waiting for it to go boom.
    Fuse length doesn't mean anything. Typical reloadable shells have about a five second fuse. You sure as heck don't light it before dropping it in the mortar let alone have another ten seconds before the lift charge ignites.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    We did dumb shit all the time for the 4th of July, but not put a fucking mortar on our head.
    We'd shoot roman candles at each other, take the bases of piccilo pete's and watch 'em fly and shit.

Of course we never did any of this intoxicated so at least we were in the right state of mind when our stupidity was taking place.

Still, sucks.
    One bad mistake can end a life, hopefully they don't try and outlaw fireworks in another state because some drunk dumbasses decided to hurt themselves.
    You aren't in any sort of right state of mind shooting roman candles at people while holding them - drunk or not. People have been badly burned and lost limbs when the candle malfunctions and explodes at once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Again you don't get it.

I'm not just saying this to say it.

There is literally a standardized Fourth of July party scenario here.

You cook a big ass lunch/diner, most likely outside on the grill, this is when the drinking starts. Pregaming begins when the grill gets lit. you spend the afternoon outside drinking and eating, then as it gets later you start out with the sparklers and little fireworks, let the kids have some fun. As it gets dark you bring out the big guns and starting making some real noise. At this point you've been drinking for about half the day so you've probably gotten drunk and sobered up two or three times.

There are variations on this theme but in general this is how it works.

As for myself, this year was the first in a long time when I did not get any of my own fireworks, just ran out of time to deal with it on my own. Instead there is a field about 4 blocks from my house where the neighborhood association fires off a professional show and then about 15 houses around the field spend three house taking turns firing off the biggest legal rounds you can buy. It was pretty awesome, three solid ours of fireworks coming from every direction and popping right above you...the perfect end to the perfect day.

- - - Updated - - -

Who said 'fireworks store' There are stores all over the place that sell fireworks just for the fourth. Hell even grocery stores sell fireworks.

Don't stereotype. Not everyone in the US is a dumb redneck who mixes alcohol and fireworks and let's little kids play with them. The majority are safe and responsible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid or not wouldn't wish the pain or death on just any body. People acting all superior talking about this Darwin Award shit need to get a fucking grip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post

Don't stereotype. Not everyone in the US is a dumb redneck who mixes alcohol and fireworks and let's little kids play with them. The majority are safe and responsible.
    Yes they are just most aren't unfortunately enough to have the world know about it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Being drunk can excuse a lot of things. You don't think correctly. You do and say things you wouldn't normally say or do.
    Not in America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that was kinda mind blowing.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Most people, when drinking, do not put explosives on their heads and set them off.
    I laughed at this way more than I should have. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was drinking. Even the smartest of people do dumb shit when they drink.
    Yeah. But that dumb?

No way, the worst thing I've done is tell a girl she was "A little round around the edges."

Quote Originally Posted by shogunit3 View Post
    Well, that was kinda mind blowing.
    *snort*
    oh man its getting too late for this shit.

Ot; so, no drunken shenanigans with fireworks on my head near an open flame, gotcha.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Christ, how many times do I have to see this and the alligator dude a day?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i am cynical and yes i often care little for people who pull such stupidities and no sorry even when drunk it never crossed my mind to do anything like this, neither do people in my environment and we went out for days.

So i find this can be applied.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Until we find bigger idiots to bash. Sincerly your off-topic team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffa1 View Post
    Until we find bigger idiots to bash.
    Like ice bucket challenge with a bucket of nitrogen? I'd pay to see that.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Or until people who set the bar so low for themselves they have to mock someone even dumber get distracted by other over used fads like bacon.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    There are others:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...art-of-season/

Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul suffered serious hand injuries while setting off fireworks over Fourth of July weekend, 10 weeks before the season opener. And it’s looking like those injuries might take more than 10 weeks to heal.
    870000 per game...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    There are others:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...art-of-season/

870000 per game...
    How many games are 10 weeks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-man...9.html#mFxVPQl

Essentially a 22 y/o killed himself the other day after setting a firework off on the top of his head >.>
    Good to see that Stupidity is still partnering with Death in the field of cleansing the gene pool.

The notion that these people dying is "cleansing" the gene pool is just so stupid...