Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I prefer it when Australians try British snacks

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    There's Spanish and Mexican chorizo, they're different. Chouriço in Portuguese. It originated in Europe.
    Actually, Stand corrected, Chorizo originates in Spain and Portugal, just checked. However, the primary spice in it is smoked Red Pepper, which originates in Mexico. So you can claim it's Spanish and be correct I can claim it's Mexican and Be correct, and since the Hungarians gave smoked red peppers the name "paprika" they even get some credit.

Still the important thing here is if its a stew made with Chili peppers are a main ingredient It's a Chili.

Although there definition smacks of wrong on many levels, it is still what I'm saying. (Chili con Carne, litterally means "Chili with Meat" which is just one variation of the dish)
    chili

Tweet noun \ˈchi-lē\
    : a small pepper with a very hot flavor

: a spicy dish made of ground beef, hot peppers or chili powder, and usually beans
    plural chil·ies also chil·es or chilis or chil·lies
    Full Definition of CHILI

a usually chile plural chil·es : a hot pepper of any of a group of cultivars (Capsicum annuum annuum group longum) noted for their pungency —called also chili pepper
    b usually chilli plural chillies also chil·lis chiefly British : a pepper whether hot or sweet
    a : a thick sauce of meat and chiles
    b : chili con carne; also : a similar dish made without meat <vegetarian chili>

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Although there definition smacks of wrong on many levels, it is still what I'm saying. (Chili con Carne, litterally means "Chili with Meat" which is just one variation of the dish)
    I make a beast chile verde con pollo. And I'm not arguing about terms.

Why are we even having this discussion? Let's go back to UK food.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I make a beast chile verde con pollo. And I'm not arguing about terms.

Why are we even having this discussion? Let's go back to UK food.
    Hey I like a good Green Chili with Chicken, and agreed.

---

On that note, now I'm torn do I make a lamb and bison chili or Shepherd's pie?

Hey I like a good Green Chili with Chicken, and agreed.

---

Shepard's pie its a british fave

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Do the first. The second is for leftovers, and you can certainly make a Shepherd's pie with leftover chili (not traditional, of course).

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the first. The second is for leftovers, and you can certainly make a Shepherd's pie with leftover chili (not traditional, of course).
    Yah, true that. (since I add cheese and garlic to the potatoes.)

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    They didn't say waffles though they said potatoes...
    Most of the waffles I've eaten have been made from potatoes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    What the fuck is a blood pancake!? Evidently you've been to a fish and chip shop in Britain (please note Great Britain is 4 countries, not just one. Each has it's own type of cuisine) maybe try some others next time before you judge.
    Great Britain is an island that includes 3 countries. The UK is a country made of 4 countries - the three on Britain and Northern Ireland, which I'd part of the island of Ireland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Great Britain is an island that includes 3 countries. The UK is a country made of 4 countries - the three on Britain and Northern Ireland, which I'd part of the island of Ireland.
    Reminds me...

https://youtu.be/rNu8XDBSn10

Deleted
    Jesus Christ why these americans have teeth whiter than their eyeballs, this can't be healthy? Also dude in glasses is fucking annoying, kinda person you just want to tell to fuck off.

Actually, in America we usually use Polyunsaturated oils. ie Canola Oil. Very few places serve food cooked in Butter or Lard, and in some places it is actually illegal for Restaurants to use Saturated fats as a cooking oil (ie LA). The first time I ever saw someone use Lard in Cooking was in England, when they deep fried an egg in lard. I was mortified at the abuse of an egg.
    Lard is incredible for frying, easily makes better the best chips.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lard is incredible for frying, easily makes better the best chips.
    I make homemade Corn Chips, and Potato Chips I use a mix of Olive Oil and Canola Oil in my Deep Fryer.

p.s. Chips are flat thin, Fries are crispy on the outside soft in the middle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Jesus Christ why these americans have teeth whiter than their eyeballs, this can't be healthy? Also dude in glasses is fucking annoying, kinda person you just want to tell to fuck off.
    Actors have their teeth whitened professionally by dentists.

Chili is a stew from Mexico that uses Chili and Cumin. That recipe was a very basic chorizo chili.

In fact this part of the discussion is so funny I had to tell my friends on Facebook and linked that Recipe from the BBC.

Chorizo here is more likely to be Spanish, so cured and flavoured with paprika. Chillies I've had are usually minced beef, regular British sausages or vegetarian. Most popular bean is kidney beans.

Chorizo here is more likely to be Spanish, so cured and flavoured with paprika. Chillies I've had are usually minced beef, regular British sausages or vegetarian. Most popular bean is kidney beans.
    Paprika is dried chilies. As I mentioned above, the "original" chili was dried meat and dried chilies, plus whatever else they had on hand.

Resident of the USA surprised that food introduced to their continent by Spain is also available in European nations outside of Spain.

I love the internet.

All these british people complaining just because some americans don't like their food. Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I don't know where they get Americans who never had pork rinds. No bones in pork rinds though.

Zero carbohydrates!
    Rinds or Cracklins, They are HUGELY popular in the south. Its basically deep fried bacon. (I know its skin, but it tastes very much like bacon)
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    All these british people complaining just because some americans don't like their food. Seriously?
    Are we reading the same thread? Majority of those snacks are horrid. I don't care if somebody doesn't like food, but it's retarded saying I don't like British food based on one experience

- - - Updated - - -

So are chips and crisps but you don't refer to them as potatoes

I remember the first time I tried marmite I expected it to be sweet... the disappointment was real.

British Cuisine isn't bad, but most of the snacks are (at least to my taste, since we all know it's a subjective thing).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.