View Poll Results: If you could control human population what would it be globally?

Voters
183. This poll is closed
  • Keep it at 7.5 billion.

25 13.66%
  • Under 5 billion.

78 42.62%
  • Under 1 billion.

50 27.32%
  • Under 500 million.

30 16.39%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    I mean, mathematically speaking, we aren't that diverse.

You could probably cull half the population and keep it roughly as racially diverse as it is currently.
    Racially? Maybe. But there's more to humans than race.

Deleted
    It's strange that the poll caps at 7.5 billion. What a bias poll.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

Humans aren't a virus.

Yes they are.

Under 1 billion.
    You cared enough to post.

4-5 billion maximum until much better ways of growing food are created, right now with all of the genetically enhanced stuff our food is causing major weight epidemics aswell as nutrient deficiencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Petyr Baelish View Post
    Racially? Maybe. But there's more to humans than race.
    Which is why I qualified.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    4-5 billion maximum until much better ways of growing food are created, right now with all of the genetically enhanced stuff our food is causing major weight epidemics aswell as nutrient deficiencies.
    It's about space and other resources as much as it is about food.

The number would fluctate based on a number of factors, like what kinds of resources we will have available or what technological advances we make. Even a ballpark figure would be useless.

7+ Year Old Account
    7 bil is too much. I chose under 5. I'm in favor of a world wide cap.

Africa has the fastest population growth rate and it is arguably the least capable of providing them with a comfortable life.
    Last edited by PC2; 2015-07-07 at 05:16 AM.

the Earth can sustain many more than we currently are if we didn't have such a focus on Western consumerist society. Or thought that the only decent place to live is in the capital with no housing. There is PLENTY of space unused.

10+ Year Old Account
    why no option for let it flourish?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raffa1 View Post
    It's strange that the poll caps at 7.5 billion. What a bias poll.
    considering who made it not surprising.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    maybe 1-2 billion? Would get rid of mostly useless countries that can't support themselves and let other countries use the land for agriculture/experiments.

Deleted
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimum_population
    Based on this, the estimation of optimum population was to be roughly around 1.5 billion to 2 billion people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haibara View Post
    the Earth can sustain many more than we currently are if we didn't have such a focus on Western consumerist society. Or thought that the only decent place to live is in the capital with no housing. There is PLENTY of space unused.
    The goal of civilization is not to pack as many humans on the planet. Yes technically agriculture/water wise the Earth could support over 10 bil, but wouldn't it be better to focus on a smaller number at a higher quality of life?

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess wiping its destructive forces of the planet by killing everyone is control option too.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Lol Bio diversity lulzy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked 500 Million, anything over that, pretty much leads to chaos, not along any one racial line, I would say the same demographic, just much much less people all around.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think human beings deserve to live on this planet. If I had the option to press a button to nuke the world. I just might. #nofaithinhumanity. :|

based on current populations china needs to have a drastic reduction, same with India. at 1.36B and 1.251B they need to lose 60-80% of their population. India is stupidly overpopulated and same with China.
    Next on the list Idonesia Brasil Pakistan Nigeria Bangledash needs to get their populations under 100m, Russia Mexico Philipines Ethiopia could lose 50% as well and they'd be doing great. all in all having 1-2B people at the most is best. 1.5 means you have room to expand.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean499 View Post
    I don't think human beings deserve to live on this planet.
    I think you are over-valuing the planet. Also no one is forcing you to be here if you don't want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Someone watched The Matrix.

Humans aren't a virus.
    No, silly, they are batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    based on current populations china needs to have a drastic reduction, same with India. at 1.36B and 1.251B they need to lose 60-80% of their population. India is stupidly overpopulated and same with China.
    Next on the list Idonesia Brasil Pakistan Nigeria Bangledash needs to get their populations under 100m, Russia Mexico Philipines Ethiopia could lose 50% as well and they'd be doing great. all in all having 1-2B people at the most is best. 1.5 means you have room to expand.
    So 150m countries should lose half of their populations, but 300m USA is perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffa1 View Post
    Lol Bio diversity lulzy.
    Still better than cultural diversity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.