Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    What if it's a statue of Hatsune Miku? Also, are you making some broad statement about Muslims? That might be against the forum rules or something.

What i would never do anything like that. Who would ever say something like that at all...... But you do bring up a point about how if something of muhammed was made people may get hurt over it like the drawing contest or the cartoon in the papers or well any other thing with tons of death threats.. But make a broad statement nope not at all Its a statue and since the koran says no image shall be made of muhammed isnt making it of c4 smart since you would have to remove it anyways?
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

I think I would prefer to be a Satanist before a Christian. Most Christians don't even know the Bible has a dark side to it. They are just blindly raised to believe in God as a Holy, pure, loving being that never did anything hypocritical at all. Satanists seem to all be open minded, reasonable people.

For people who are ignorant of what Satanism actually is, it is pretty much just living life with good values. Questioning authority, pursuing justice, keeping your morals well, etc.

From my point of view (DISCLAIMER: I'm an atheist, I do not believe in God or Satan) Lucifer wasn't "evil", he was just an entity who went against what he didn't believe in. Kind of what most of us do in some way. If we hate a choice our president makes and want to protest, should we be deported out of the country? That's kind of what Heaven sounds like. People are too closed-minded to even think about things outside of the box, though.

I am ALL for religious freedom, but I am a firm believer anything religious should not be in public property in any way, shape, or form. I even believe "In God We Trust" should be removed from the currency. Anything that suggests a divine deity should not be present on any form of anything. "But America was founded on God!", yes, but it was also founded on "All MEN were created equal", do we want to go back to having Women not talk in Churches, never be able to work, not be able to vote, etc? What America was founded on is irrelevant because this is a different time. It doesn't even bother me. In fact, not much bothers me. I just don't think it should be that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the local resident Arkansan (who also happens to be an atheist, by the way), I highly doubt it'll happen. Arkansas is still something like 50 years in the past. There are regular white-on-black killings that end with no arrest and people banning Muslims from stores.
    i think you mean 100 years in the past.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Anywho... "satanic churches" are athiests attempting to be edgy. Not actual devil worshipers.
    Incorrect, there are more than one type of Satanist, however the current group is a practicing church, as such they are not Atheists .

Just to be clear here is a list several types of Satanists:

-Fictional: Having Dark magic powers used as a Horror film trope.
    -Fictional & Rebellious Teens: Anti-Christian ie they believe the bible and do the opposite. Usually they blame the devil and go for exorcisms.
    -Crowley: People who practice high Occult magik, and follow the practices of Aleister Crowley. They usually don't refer to themselves as satanists.
    -LeVay: The Church of Satan, basically a mix of Crowely and Humanism established by Anton Levay.
    -Theistic Satanist: There are several groups of these, most are based in Greek Mythology

___

I should point out that other cultures have the Equivalent of Satan Worshipers.

In the Middle East one of the older still practicing Religions is the Yazidis, they worship the Angel Lucifer or as they say " Tawûsê Melek" the Peacock Angel. Who in Islam is Satan, and using Christian Tradition he would also be Lucifer.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2015-07-07 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah I'll hope it doesn't.
    You don't like religious freedom?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    They are satirical atheists - they use irony and satire to mock the injustices of mainstream religion.

The actual statue they plan to erect is of Baphomet - a neutral symbol created by 19th century occultists, bearing a yin-yang style symbology. Baphomet is often incorrectly associated with devil-worship due to the figure being a goat-headed man with wings: the traditional demon form of Christianity, however this is actually inspired by the benevolent deities of pre-christian European paganism.

This is the actual statue that they were going to put up in Oklahoma before the court ruled that OK had to remove the 10 commandments statue.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I think the Establishment Clause should apply to all religions to not allow anything religious near government.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

You can interpret it to mean all religions should have equal access to putting their crap in front of federal buildings, but I would take it as the exact opposite because of the part about "no law respecting an establishment of religion". That should go for all the manger scenes they set up during Christmas season too, but I digress. Arkansans, in their infinite hypocrisy, will find a way to twist it to their ends, as is their wont in life.
    That is what it is supposed to mean. Either not allow any statues, or get rid of all of them. And since they won't allow any other statues, they have to get rid of all of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    Yeah, They are more about fighting against the tyranny of the religious majority in our country. They actually fight for the same reasons our country was founded on, Religious Freedom.

The "baby sacrificing" satanists, are actually usually crazy Christians. More often than you'd imagine those freaks, are actually doing this crazy shit inside christian churches.

The Satanic Church is not anything like people imagine... their ideals are more like Anonymous.
    ....?
    Is there like a recognized satanic church?

- - - Updated - - -

Get rid of all statues and symbols of the old religion.

That's great. We could even destroy those ancient Christian sites while we're at it. With a digger.
    Ask isis, they're doing pretty much the same thing

10+ Year Old Account
    somebody should start a religion dedicated to lolth.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You don't like religious freedom?

- - - Updated - - -

This is the actual statue that they were going to put up in Oklahoma before the court ruled that OK had to remove the 10 commandments statue.

- - - Updated - - -

That is what it is supposed to mean. Either not allow any statues, or get rid of all of them. And since they won't allow any other statues, they have to get rid of all of them.

No, I particularly don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    somebody should start a religion dedicated to lolth.
    I wish I could start my own religion, I want to make it legal that any time I enter a room this plays.

Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2015-07-07 at 06:43 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    ....?
    Is there like a recognized satanic church?
    Yes. There is The Church of Satan, based on LeVay.
    There is the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.
    There are countless other Churches that practice religions that are called Satanic by Christians and Muslims. To include the Ancient Yazidi faith.

Any word on where the first Jedi temple is being built?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    There are countless other Churches that practice religions that are called Satanic by Christians and Muslims. To include the Ancient Yazidi faith.
    but what about lolth?
    what about elune?

i think a Satanic Statue would be hilarious. im sure Christians would try and tear it down though the second its been put up. Overall though atleast it would be very entertaining.

Deleted
    People have too much free time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    but what about lolth?
    what about elune?
    All hail her Spidery Greatness, her webbed death.

F*** the Night Elves, them dam tree hugging elves. -Gnome Player For Science!!

10+ Year Old Account
    All hail her Spidery Greatness, her webbed death.

F*** the Night Elves, them dam tree hugging elves. -Gnome Player For Science!!
    especially her elven form....now thats just divine..../swoon. i would definitely like to pay homage to her in her elven form!

a Mr. Satan statue would be hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    People have too much free time.
    Why do you say that? People can believe what they want, I think (retracted) take too much time, Sunday and Wednesday Services, Blue Laws, Christmas Holiday, Easter Holiday, Saints days, Lent, I can list the amount of effort required to be considered faithful in that belief, it tops the charts really. Satanists are lazy by comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    a Mr. Satan statue would be hilarious
    you mean this guy:

i agree he needs a statue after saving the world from majin buu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffa1 View Post
    If you think my faith is any less valid or protection worthy then yours or the christian faith well then you are objective wrong.
    I don't recall divulging what, if any, faith I held.

How do you know I'm not a druidic pagan?

Now who's being judgemental?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    im sure Christians would try and tear it down though the second its been put up.
    They don't appear to be overly concerned about that. To quote their spokesperson : "I wouldn’t expect these outraged and nearly insensible reactionaries to actually know how to assault a bronze monument without severely hurting themselves in the process."

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters