Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Is it any surprise that the people most against merging are also the most toxic? "I won't heal/tank for that race! Wahhh QQ"

It's time to gut the CoD/CS attitudes out of this game. They do it no favors.
    Shame for faction pride in a mmoRPG
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I'd say it was time to merge the factions two expansions ago. I'd be all for it.

Dividing the playerbase is a bad thing, even if for lore's sake. I recall Greg Street himself saying if he could do an MMO from scratch it wouldn't have factions.

To me it's one of the many disappointing blown opportunities of WoD. When the first plot details emerged, I imagined the time travel being used in a much bigger way. No AU BS. One timeline. Grom defies Gul'dan, we wrest control of the horde from him, Legion attacks, we convince the horde to join us and the Draenei in fighting them. Gul'dan dies. Corrupted horde never forms. Events from WC1 on never happen. We return to a completely different present Azeroth where the races of the old factions are all allied against the Legion.

Instead WoD is a complete side story with the apparent sole purpose of bringing Gul'dan back to recreate WC1 and tie 7.0 to the ultimate hype movie. :P

with teh way the game has developed the faction stories.... it's rather bullshit that there are still so divided mechanically. All teh war present is instanced BG's or scripted quests (most of which have been tied up into some sort of truce in the present sense due to other forces showing up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard have barely used the faction theme for several expansions now, if they're not going to do anything with them other than provide an outlet to grief questers they should get rid.

I can understand the reason people give here, especially the part about queue times for various stuff like bg and dungeons.

That said, I dont want it. I actually rather live with some queue time than have the factions removed. For me its still a essential part of the warcraft universe. I have been a warcraft nerd since the very first game and later on wow. It just feels wrong. I despise horde and I enjoy wacking my sword of light at them.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The soul is Free peoples vs random enemy of the expansion. Not Free peoples who agree on 99% of stuff fighting because someone has an obsession that orcs and humans can't get along.
    I can't get along with people like you, sometimes it doesn't take much, even in a virtual imaginary world.

Deleted
    Well, the devs have already butchered their own lore so why the fuck not?

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be interesting. PVP could still easily be a thing, we just wouldn't be fighting for the horde or for the alliance, we'd be fighting for say, the explorers league vs the reliquary or other factions

Seeing as I would love to play a Draenei but not play alliance, I wouldn't mind this at all. I don't see how after the game has evolved that people should be tied to one faction with each race.

There's plenty of "exceptions" in the universe where people of conflicting races work together, such as the AU Draenei and Orcs now, I don't see why an AU Draenei can't go put their allegiance to the horde, same goes for humans, one doesn't support the king, so they change factions.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate pvp , why not ? more class/race options for me.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    World PvP would be an issue. That's if World PvP was actually something to give a crap about.

I'm for it, having an entire zone closed off in WoD to the other faction seemed like such a waste.
    I'm in favor and my world pvp solution would be that players and their guilds are either blue/red on a shifting day to day basis. You could also go to some central place in the zone and change whether you are personally red/blue. The lore would be that the dead heroes of alliance and horde won't accept the new peace and keep trying to possess current heroes but due to the merger, they cannot tell horde from alliance so just possess whoever is handy.

It might actually help world PvP since the temporary faction assignment would theoretically make the world balanced between horde and alliance on PvP servers every single day. Moreover, a large guild might split itself on purpose and begin massive PvP brawls especially if Blizzard added places where world PvPing was rewarding.

It's absolutely stupid lore-wise that the Horde and Alliance face an existential threat every 9 months but they keep fighting (though often making temporary pacts).

Short Answer: no

Long: Noooooooooooo

Plus the player base wouldn't "double" not all servers are 50/50

Would make no sense whatsoever. Obviously faction leaders already work together, but there has to be some type of conflict.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

If it would kill PvP and everything it stands for, then I'd be in total support of merging the factions.
    Ashran was only the beginning. Your days are numbered, you lowbie ganking *****!

No merging of factions for me, but it would be nice of we could invite RealID friends for raids, dungeons and arena (no other pvp activities). That would make some sense lorewise and be refreshing to gameplay.
    More than that would hurt the orcs vs humans Spirit to much...