Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    What? So now you're claiming that one can die from asphyxiation via hot sauce without having an actual food allergy? Just shut up already or provide a credible source. Otherwise, you're just making shit up.
    Simple assault does not require threat of death. You have no clue on the contents of the hot sauce and basing your assumptions around that.

English, please? I have no idea what you're saying.
    You couldn't have just asked for an explanation? WTF? The fact that hot peppers cause inflammation naturally, negates your dependence on it being an allergen. It serves no other perpouse... It was done to irritate, not satiate... The idea that it didn't cause harm, is the antithesis of spiking someone's food even as a prank...

You are questioning the extent he could have gotten hurt, which in context is meaningless. He was charged with simple assault, not even assault or any charge indicating life threatening injuries. That hot sauce could have contained allergens, just like any foreign substance spiked in your food. You are going off on the allergen tangent, not due to the charge in this case... Not for the actual substance used... For nothing, but a completely irrelevant point of the inflammatory reaction to papers not being an allergic reaction. This is the equivalent of "stop punching your self"... Don't spike people's food...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    What? So now you're claiming that one can die from asphyxiation via hot sauce without having an actual food allergy? Just shut up already or provide a credible source. Otherwise, you're just making shit up.

English, please? I have no idea what you're saying.
    Not only that but i highly doubt it was anything other than tabasco sauce. I have yet to see a restaurant that has ghost pepper sauce on the tables

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    If anything piss may be less harmful. Just ask Bear Grylls.
    Out of Tabasco sauce? Better piss on my own chili

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Not only that but i highly doubt it was anything other than tabasco sauce. I have yet to see a restaurant that has ghost pepper sauce on the tables
    Why don't you just write your own version of the story since you have it all figured out.

There are a ton of restaurants here that have a wide range of sauces available, some even right on the table.

Or he could have brought his own, especially if he was planning on pulling this prank.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    Bunch of babies. There's no such thing as 'too hot' sauce.
    I get it, the 'meek will inherit the Earth' is the battlecry of the decade, but come on. It's all in good fun.
    Unless the person who ate the spiked food has some kind of medical condition that's aggravated by hot sauce (stomach ulcers, to go back to my first example). I enjoy pranks myself and like to think I have a really good sense of humor, but I don't see it as "harmless prank, this guy's just being a pussy about it" when someone gets sent to the hospital or spends a couple of hours doubled over in pain.

It's different if the victim is a friend or someone you otherwise know, because you're probably going to be aware of things like food allergies or other conditions. In the story's case, it sounds like this was just a random stranger.

But yeah, in general, spiking food/drinks is where I draw the line. I'd never mess with anyone's food like that, and I'd be pissed if anyone did it to me.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-07-08 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Why hog him to yourself? He should get his own sitcom.
    A sitcom about my married life to Orlong?
    It'd be entertaining, I swear. What is a comedy like that without a straight man?
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2015-07-08 at 03:52 PM.

No, stay out of people's personal space. You have not no right to touch or interfere with anyone's body, for any reason.

Your intentions don't matter when you assume your sovereignty extends to people besides yourself.

A prank isn't a prank, it's always an assault, tempered by how much the victim is willing to forgive based on how much they like you as a friend.

The culture of victimhood is about people's perception of verbal and non-physical threats not actual violence no matter how small.

The victim could have had a deadly allergy, the bottle could have been swapped with poison by some 3rd party and a whole host of other things.

Don't pull a prank unless you have the balls and means to pay for your crime. Don't hide behind adolescent humor for justification, be a man.