Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Ways to optimize your computer

Hello my dear champions! Good to see you all!

Today's topic is very simple: My computer is slow. Like DAMN slow. He's getting a little old (GTX 550, AMD PHENON II X3, 4gb RAM DDR2), and i've never formatted it.

Usually I use softwares like Glary Utilities, CCleaner, Disk Desfragmenter, Combofix, and other utilities. I check my computer everyday for things that are making it slow (using task manager) and I removed most of "start with windows" softwares.

Yet my computer is slow like hell.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    You're very low on RAM and it's dated as well.

I would recommend formatting it and using a SSD as your Windows installation. It makes a HUGE difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a fact of computing that the longer you run Windows the slower it gets. Eventually the only cure is to format and install. But you could also check out the system logs with Event Viewer and fix each error or warning one by one. Also what's the temp of your CPU+GPU?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't mention what version of Windows you are using.

If you are on Windows 7 or 8/8.1, you can get Windows 10 soon, and if I were you, I'd back up all my important files and do a clean install, either of Windows 10 when it comes out, or your current OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Just a fact of computing that the longer you run Windows the slower it gets. Eventually the only cure is to format and install. But you could also check out the system logs with Event Viewer and fix each error or warning one by one. Also what's the temp of your CPU+GPU?
    Not if you installed Windows on a SSD

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    Not if you installed Windows on a SSD
    Depends on how Windows is setup and all the bells and whistles are a go. You can still get system bloat.