Thread: Unholy?

Unholy?

So I was browsing armories and looking at guilds progression. I'm noticing that a lot, if not almost all of the top guilds DK's are going Unholy. I thought it was dead? Especially with the nerf to Reapers Harvest. It's my favorite spec....so what's going on?

Deleted
    Mannoroth/Xhul'horac/Gorefiend seems to favor Unholy.

Deleted
    On ST bosses like fel Lord or iron reaver, both spec are very close, now that the top tier guilds are going past or at gorefiend, it is natural to spot them in uh, as uh favored bosses are coming up.
    Last edited by mmoc446c133e97; 2015-07-07 at 02:38 PM.

Ahh ok thanks. For single target Unholy is PL/DF or UB/NP better now?

How come UH is better for gorefiend? There's typically not many adds up.

its due to the spirit add being up so you can have high stacks on the add and gorefiend for a long period of time. And the fact that when he goes into his feast taking 100% more dmg. Having max stacks of NP ticking for that whole phase does a shit ton of dmg.

mythic gorefiend. hc doesnt matter for shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharogy View Post
    On ST bosses like fel Lord or iron reaver, both spec are very close, now that the top tier guilds are going past or at gorefiend, it is natural to spot them in uh, as uh favored bosses are coming up.
    Is this only the case for Mythic? Is this only if you have Empty Drinking Horn or Reapers Harvest?

Deleted
    Considering the fact that they also have the class trinket + 4 set it makes sence to swap.

Class trinket is only worth it in sustained AoE situations though. Even on Kormrok mythic yesterday it looked like a pretty visible loss compared to horn of scrreaming spirits mythic. But Gorefiend mythic is pretty much a sustained AoE fight with the souls and even more adds arriving in the boss area.

But reapers harvest is not really mandatory to play unholy over frost on any encounter. ST they're both about equal. AoE they're about equal, while frost can burst a tad better and is probably the winner if you have a sustained cleave scenario with one additional target, although it will be no huge advantage. Unholy wins on spread out AoE and will probably gain the upper hand in sustained AoE and the class trinket helps with this.

4set is very strong for both specs. So its not a turning point when choosing your spec, although t18 2set is absolute garbage for unholy as a standalone, so you probably will be a bit behind frost if you only have the 2set available.

Deleted
    Based on my heroic experience and limited mythic videos ii have seen, Uh is better on aoe fights where you can't reliably hit everything with a single howling blast,

Like mannoroth adds etc.
    Gorefiend mythic with the new adds and dotting inside the belly,
    Xhulhorac dotting both type of adds etc.

Reason is fairly simple, Sims are ran assuming that you can always hit everything all the time, in actual encounter it is not the case.
    It is in fact much easier to spread necrotic all over the room than it is to hit the perfect howling blast on certain encounters. So even though fr has higher aoe potential, on encounters where targets are spread, uh tend to have an edge.

Frost doesn't have a higher AoE potential.

Tried unholy for xhul and it was doing alot better than expected.

Speaking of which, how many targets until the nerfed archi is better than discord?

As I am currently playing UH for multiple encounters in Mythic right now. As stated already Frost and UH are very close on ST but min/maxing I still believe frost is the way to go for Reaver, killrog socrethar. Other fights provide the opportunity for passive cleave that doesn't affect UH ST. Such as Gorefiend(mythic) due to peoples spirits being "trapped" you get the passive cleave. A lot of fights have the constant Spread cleave that Frost can't cover due to the radius of Howling blast. Once again UH fills these holes(mannoroth)(council during split phase).

Now I just need some damn str trinkets to drop for the guild. Haven't seen a single one for anyone.