Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

If you could "reroll" in one of these universes, which would you pick?

If you were given the chance to "reroll" in any of the universes below which would you choose and why?
    • World of Warcraft: As any class/race you'd like. Starting at level 1.
    • Pokemon: With only one starter pokemon in any region you'd like.
    • Starwars: On any planet starting as an apprentice to any role you'd like
    • As mutant from the Xmen: With any super power you'd like
    • The Harry Potter Universe: As a first year learning Magic but still being part of our "muggle" world.
    • Final Fantasy 13 Setting: (Someone futuristic but still able to use materia) as any class you'd like.
    • Life on earth is pretty sweet. I wouldn't reroll.

I was hoping to add a pole but I must have unclicked the option when posting :/ Sorry.

I don't think I could pass up playing a gnome. Or a troll. (Wanting to roll an alt would be a huge problem.) Actually I would want to roll a real like alt at moment.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    • As mutant from the Xmen: With any super power you'd like
    I'll just take Jean Grey's kit, please and thanks. Telepathy that develops to a significant enough degree to communicate worldwide, create, erase, and reprogram minds, Telekinesis that develops to the level of both precise atomic control and planetary destruction, and the Phoenix Force for all your cosmically powered resurrection (including self-resurrection) needs? Yeah. Sold.

That's a hard choice. If I had access to priest powers and could use them at will without game restrictions I could easily mind control my way to glory. But as a wizard in Harry Potter I'd find a way to combine modern technology with magic to make pretty cool stuff. Then there's Star Wars where I'd be a force-sensitive, which means having one of my all-time favorite powers, telekinesis.

I think I'd do Harry Potter. Still on Earth, so internet and video games are still at thing but I get magic.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Deleted
    Hmmm, though one. Either a Jedi in Star Wars or a Mage in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't reroll. My life is pretty good overall. If I had to, though, it wouldn't be WoW. Too dangerous. I'd likely go with Harry Potter.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon and current world seem like the most peaceful of the bunch. I'd go Pokemon, where war is fought with cute creatures in red balls or the modern world. Warcraft is horribly war torn and not easy to survive. Xmen keep blowing up whole countries and change reality in a yearly basis. Harry Poter I am not very familiar with, but the sort of power magic wields, I don't want to be turned into a rat for bumping into a wizard. Star Wars is again a horribly war torn universe, where survival would be tough. Same with FF, not sure about 13, but they usually involve a global calamity.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    It's between being a Mutant in the X-Men universe with Jean Grey's powers, a Jedi in the Star Wars universe, or a Night Elf Druid in WoW.

a mutant, with the ability to manipulate reality in multiple ways, even create life, matter, or energy from nothing. i hold out my hand, focus my will, and it becomes reality.

i'd leave the x-men quickly and maybe move into a pocket dimension with a world populated by people i made perfect.

i wouldn't be in too much danger from any enemies, except higher level beings cosmic beings that i probably couldn't just unmake, like silver surfer. could probably even work out a deal with galactus, i could create planets for him to feed himself on while he protects me. he'd have an infinite number of planets to eat, i have one of the strongest beings in existence to make sure higher level cosmic entities leave me alone.

Either X-men with some bullshit overpowered mutation (because heck I like cheating :P) or Azeroth as a Draenei hunter or Night Elf druid (or maybe even Pandaren monk, and just enjoy the tranquility or pandaria)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    a mutant, with the ability to manipulate reality in multiple ways, even create life, matter, or energy from nothing. i hold out my hand, focus my will, and it becomes reality.
    You'd have to be a genius to create a new reality and don't end up with something like missing air, to have everything including your self die out instantly. Oh no, I forgot gravity...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

i'd leave the x-men quickly and maybe move into a pocket dimension with a world populated by people i made perfect.

i wouldn't be in too much danger from any enemies, except higher level beings cosmic beings that i probably couldn't just unmake, like silver surfer. could probably even work out a deal with galactus, i could create planets for him to feed himself on while he protects me. he'd have an infinite number of planets to eat, i have one of the strongest beings in existence to make sure higher level cosmic entities leave me alone.
    Sounds really boring.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

If i could choose "any superpower i'd like" i would definately choose the X-men universe.
    My superpower would be that all my wishes would come true. My first wish would be that I have all superpowers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paluman View Post
    If i could choose "any superpower i'd like" i would definately choose the X-men universe.
    My superpower would be that all my wishes would come true. My first wish would be that I have all superpowers.
    Monkey's paw... You get Chaimber's power and blow out half your body...

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Sounds really boring.
    in my mind, "boring" isn't a legitimate excuse to allow a reality where people can be hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW as a blood elf Warlock

Or Pokemon with Charmander.

Eh who the fuck am I kidding I would reroll in ANY of these, I love them all.

X-Men or Harry Potter.
    X-Men is obvious, you could essentially choose to be god.
    Harry Potter because after taking away plot induced dumbassery any remotely smart person could do all kinds of shit as a wizard. Most are handy-capped by the plot, really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    As mutant from the Xmen: With any super power you'd like
    Reality warping.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    I'll just take Jean Grey's kit, please and thanks. Telepathy that develops to a significant enough degree to communicate worldwide, create, erase, and reprogram minds, Telekinesis that develops to the level of both precise atomic control and planetary destruction, and the Phoenix Force for all your cosmically powered resurrection (including self-resurrection) needs? Yeah. Sold.
    She is also immune to time travel alterations. Important perk if there are others like you.
    Last edited by mmoc1c1d6a1668; 2015-07-07 at 03:18 PM.

Tough one, but I'm gonna have to go with Jedi. Sith more specifically, like Maul's bad ass. Either that or Harry Potter, just so that I can actually say "a wizard did it," and have it be the truth.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    She is also immune to time travel alterations. Important perk if there are others like you.
    Not really... There are homes for the mentally ill that feature some people that can tell they are displaced from the real reality... We call them crazy...