Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It's not just semantics, their property rights are limited and are still under collective control if government chooses as much. Here is the full law:

http://www.lehmanlaw.com/resource-ce...-of-china.html

That is not nearly the same as we have...
    Yeah, I'm definitely not reading 247 articles of Chinese law. Even in the US, though, the government can seize real property if it's in the interests of the state. Eminent Domain and all that jazz.

There's nothing I've seen about Chinese Property Law that would prevent a conspicuous consumption culture.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It's not just semantics, their property rights are limited and are still under collective control if government chooses as much. Here is the full law:

http://www.lehmanlaw.com/resource-ce...-of-china.html

That is not nearly the same as we have...
    The US government has 50 caliber machine guns, Abrams tanks, Unmanned aircraft that can fire missiles at you, etc.

If they wanted your land back you'd be just as screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    the U.S instead has eminent domain laws

aka throw money at u until u give land

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    the U.S instead has eminent domain laws

aka throw money at u until u give land
    Fair market value. So if it's some old rural land that's been in your family for centuries but isn't worth very much.... good luck with your tiny payout. And private corporations have successfully taken advantage of those laws for their own private gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Fair market value. So if it's some old rural land that's been in your family for centuries but isn't worth very much.... good luck with your tiny payout. And private corporations have successfully taken advantage of those laws for their own private gain.
    just like every law ever.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    just like every law ever.
    I was just pointing out to some flag waving free dumb advocate that the difference between land ownership in the west and communist pseudo ownership in the east is purely semantic.

Fascist picks always find a way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I was just pointing out to some flag waving free dumb advocate that the difference between land ownership in the west and communist pseudo ownership in the east is purely semantic.

Fascist picks always find a way.
    agreed with that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malas View Post
    And so begins the end of China hype.

About damn time.
    If you mean that the hype about China's amazing growth is going to start coming to an end, I agree. If, otoh, you mean that hype about 'the end of China' is going to start, then well.... there might be hype saying that coming out, but the actual "end of China" is not yet nigh.

This crash is going to hurt the Chinese market, yes; but I don't think it's the "big crash" quite yet - from the article over at Time you linked, "The percentage of total Chinese wealth tied up in the stock market is still relatively small. And even if Chinese bourses have lost around 30% of their value since mid-June, they’re still higher than a year ago." This may be a major crash, or it may just be (like in any market) the regular shearing of the non-insider sheep (who will lose their shirts, coats, and maybe their futures).

Also, the charts you linked only go back to the start of the year - check out the Shanghai Composite Index:

and note that it's still pretty high, comparatively. The "trillons lost" were all paper (well, digital) gains (of course, if some players were over-leveraged... ).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

So im guessing if China crash than maybe whole EU and many other countrys would? :/

Quote Originally Posted by ABEEnr2 View Post
    So im guessing if China crash than maybe whole EU and many other countrys would? :/
    Well, the US crashes all the time.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Well, the US crashes all the time.
    But why are peopel so happy when China will crashes? i mean wouldent that hurt that country since most country buy many stuff from china?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they'll bound back, this will right itself in a few years.

Lets hope they do better then blizzards method, hype up a product, and only deliver whats on the surface and no substance.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by ABEEnr2 View Post
    But why are peopel so happy when China will crashes? i mean wouldent that hurt that country since most country buy many stuff from china?
    Well, people are happy when the US market crashes. We'll have to ask them why.

This Chinese crash is probably just another crash, the only difference is that it's China's first crash so we'll see how China goes about fixing things.

Roosevelt said the only thing to fear is fear itself and he wasn't talking about war he was talking about a stock market crash.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Although this thread is older, the other thread took off faster and has 3 times as many pages. To keep discussion in one, I'm redirecting to it:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...trading-halted