Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[Speculation] Expansion 6 TBA August?

Blizzard will be returning to Cologne, Germany for gamescom 2015 from August 5-9! Come and hang out at our booth, where you’ll be able to play our latest titles, including Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void, Overwatch, and World of Warcraft.

When you’re not gaming, you can watch or take part in one of our fun contests—including our world-famous dance and costume competitions—or just relax and enjoy some epic entertainment.

We look forward to seeing you there!

I find it interesting that WoW will be playable at GamesCon in August when they've said there won't be any major content release between now and the next expansion. We've been speculating that the only options are a much sooner than expected announcement or a much later than is reasonable release. You might be thinking that they're just covering all their games and that may be true but then where is poor, neglected, redeemed Diablo? I dunno. Something fishy seems to be up. Not sure where Blizzard are going with this hype train.

[Edited thread title to make clear that this is speculation and a question, not a statement of fact - ML]

Edit: #Vindicated
    Last edited by thesmall001; 2015-07-29 at 07:44 PM.

It would be very awkward to show off 6.2 content at Gamescom when it would've been almost 2 months since the patch released. Pretty sure they'll showcase expansion 6 and hopefully, the expansion is about the South Seas/Azshara/Both.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    That's... reaching for it. But yea: Gamescom is very plausible for some kind of announcement.

Might be the next expansion, yes. Of course, knowing Blizzard, might merely be 6.2.x with flying - or just nothing.

Hmm. Maybe announcement at Gamescom and further details at Blizzcon?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Might be the next expansion, yes. Of course, knowing Blizzard, might merely be 6.2.x with flying - or just nothing.
    That would be very boring to showcase and I didn't get the big cry out for flying. Never really cared for it. There was really no point of flying when we had no content to fly to anyways. I feel people bandwagoned that out of context.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Flying for the first time in draenor!

Seriously, i do not have any better hopes than that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    That would be very boring to showcase and I didn't get the big cry out for flying. Never really cared for it. There was really no point of flying when we had no content to fly to anyways. I feel people bandwagoned that out of context.
    No disagreement that showing off 6.2.x would be completely underwhelming (even though I am heavily pro-flying). I am just saying that Blizzard could totally have nothing else (or nothing at all) to announce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasciras View Post
    Beta at Blizzcon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sales will go over the roof!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasciras View Post
    Going with this one. Expansion announcement trailer at Gamescom. Details and Beta announcement at Blizzcon.

Doubtful. Previous press release said they would have 500 game stations to play their titles on, and stated Warlords of Draenor.

Also I don't see them on any schedule for a presentation in which to unveil an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Doubtful. Previous press release said they would have 500 game stations to play their titles on, and stated Warlords of Draenor.

Also I don't see them on any schedule for a presentation in which to unveil an expansion.
    6.3 then? I don't see a full year with absolutely nothing happening in the game as something that's likely to happen.

It's extremely unlikely and they probably just included it because you can't say "Blizzard" without "Warcraft" but... but - it would be a financial slam dunk to show the name and give an idea before blueballing the audience with "We'll give you the full details at Blizzcon 2015."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Do you have an official link for that quote?

Btw, may want to edit your thread name to be a question as I thought it was confirmed by looking at the title.

For a variety of reasons I already think we will get an announcement before Blizzcon, but the title is pretty misleading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

not gonna happen
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    6.3 then? I don't see a full year with absolutely nothing happening in the game as something that's likely to happen.
    I personally don't think it's likely we are going to go 4 months without hype of some sort (now to Blizzcon). And ofc only thing to hype would be next xpac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why would they blow the xpac 6 at Gamescom if they have their own Blizzcon?
    Why would they have announced Diablo III: Reaper of Sould at Gamescom if they have their own Blizzcon?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why would they blow the xpac 6 at Gamescom if they have their own Blizzcon?
    To give you the answer you get in every thread in which this is asked: Because announcing it before Blizzcon raises investor morale by showing they are finally able to release expansions faster, raises customer excitement for the same reason and in that same breath those customers are more likely to throw their money at Blizzcon ticket sales because they've already been hyped by the namedrop and finally, the big one, it's two less months of stalling and thus more likely to get an early beta.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."