Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hello fellow spriests, I'm interested to see if anyone has a WA or would be willing to create a WA for Prophecy of Fear. I'm thinking that it should have a notification when you have a debuff out, with a timer, and should highlight when the debuff is on your current target. If you have a Mark of Doom out but it's not on your current target, I'd still like to see the duration, but with no highlight on the icon. Is this possible?

Deleted
    I have a WA for Prophecy of Fear, telling you how long it lasts. It is only highlighted when your current target has the Mark on it, but it wont show any Icon when the Mark is on another target then your current one. I don't know how to get thix fixed, but will post you my WA perhaps it could help you.

WA: Prophecy of Fear

dGdscaGEbQ2fq51kYmLs1CfrZwQUjqCBOStbTxYUPQ9Rq)uO0Wej)gYqvrnyf1WfPoOaPhd4yk4WGwiqLLkuSyOQLt XdfiEkYYefpxLMOqvtLktwsth1fvrUQqQlR01LInkk9xOYMLy7cHPrPoTQ(mL8DHOrkq5BsjJwunEGQoPaULqLRbKo VkSnHKNjLY4eH1GCIErb88AkqGnzaaK)MeI)7pFGdFhcmLd9vCyqZ0wTRlKZfDfLbSbWsbgOIWevfvLt0rSLYDzLnr RmG2c0uPSBLOn7b7wQeNDuIyZBzTg5evx8nLI7i9kkybngqYgD7I8qS9kNchebc0mnoJkJZXJqyIf14FwednwllwuA dYYS37zZc83h5vykrfKNfDQhr0bgNZI8SO89TYzf2wcrDeSkNO6xkpqtNpKtewtNF5elwKb1x5eH105xoXIfXW(6z5 eH105xoXIfzGaRCIWA68lNyXIfvqEM(GVkmJTiZA9iV7i9k6bqEraiuVII0lWjcwRp)ipSJJnVL1AUYjw0xfD2GsNV ahJZOY4C2fAef5x5CfABlc8Xwk3LvyCjIsKVbZzElR1Cv4GOldbMUNrVNffKtHUtXiweuorGantJZOY4C8ieMOaEEn fiWMmaaYFtcX)9NpWHVdbMYH(komOzAR21fY5IffHchSZmiwc

Update with the Prophecy of Fear -- it seems to also proc sometimes on Reflective Shield. I noticed that today while I was fighting mobs on Tanaan. I was just channeling mind flay, so there was nothing to set the Doom Nova off, but I kept seeing the explosions, and the only thing that could have been was Reflective Shield setting it off when the mob melee'd me. No idea if all dmg against the shield procs it or only direct melee hits against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Saishoo View Post
    I have a WA for Prophecy of Fear, telling you how long it lasts. It is only highlighted when your current target has the Mark on it, but it wont show any Icon when the Mark is on another target then your current one. I don't know how to get thix fixed, but will post you my WA perhaps it could help you.

WA: Prophecy of Fear

dGdscaGEbQ2fq51kYmLs1CfrZwQUjqCBOStbTxYUPQ9Rq)uO0Wej)gYqvrnyf1WfPoOaPhd4yk4WGwiqLLkuSyOQLt XdfiEkYYefpxLMOqvtLktwsth1fvrUQqQlR01LInkk9xOYMLy7cHPrPoTQ(mL8DHOrkq5BsjJwunEGQoPaULqLRbKo VkSnHKNjLY4eH1GCIErb88AkqGnzaaK)MeI)7pFGdFhcmLd9vCyqZ0wTRlKZfDfLbSbWsbgOIWevfvLt0rSLYDzLnr RmG2c0uPSBLOn7b7wQeNDuIyZBzTg5evx8nLI7i9kkybngqYgD7I8qS9kNchebc0mnoJkJZXJqyIf14FwednwllwuA dYYS37zZc83h5vykrfKNfDQhr0bgNZI8SO89TYzf2wcrDeSkNO6xkpqtNpKtewtNF5elwKb1x5eH105xoXIfXW(6z5 eH105xoXIfzGaRCIWA68lNyXIfvqEM(GVkmJTiZA9iV7i9k6bqEraiuVII0lWjcwRp)ipSJJnVL1AUYjw0xfD2GsNV ahJZOY4C2fAef5x5CfABlc8Xwk3LvyCjIsKVbZzElR1Cv4GOldbMUNrVNffKtHUtXiweuorGantJZOY4C8ieMOaEEn fiWMmaaYFtcX)9NpWHVdbMYH(komOzAR21fY5IffHchSZmiwc

I found this one that seems to work fine. It even add the name of the target it is on :
    dqKHlaGisLUevu1Oar4uurLzrQ4weKDbIQHjjDmj1Yiv9mQIMMk11qOTrf(MsY4iGZbsToqK6EiOdIaleK8qQOmrOO lsvzJQeFekKrcIOtsfzLufMjiCtvs7uj(PKyOqblvjLNszQsCvLuTvqu(kuOmxqKSxXFjLbd5WeTyOupMknzqDzfBg Q(mHgnvvNMKxtvA2k1TbA3s1VrA4iQLlLNRIPJ66a2ob13Hsgpb68iY6Hcv7xvN6uIjtjCStm9qEnKxfYjgdmgCm4u IjyfC8ZW5YQvefOMOJAO9S6Q66Q3bxO77yJGKLD4boqf7mBCmqvDoguvkLkxHW3LsmjmSIv0UCRXnLO40oPeowBev0 EHe5jMyJcqogPk44NHZfIEElq1AIq7yfrhReyL(Gl0TJyDaWstjkoTtwQJTPs4uIbCgn3T8Cc2XA09KsmqGnRsjC4y WkCCLlWMjLsmqGnRsjC4ySCpDoLyGaBwLs4WXAs3jLyGaBwLs4WHJPGJDv28(ik(JWKsbFKyJcqoCm3uYsDkX4MsuC APe7qbAUdqxXXiVLKMwmyGMKv0ES6QXCbomfuZVcEIXkWbogtI8eBeE6CmG(i805yScCGJDip79IeCIDv28(ik(JWK sbJncpDoMZOGyl5hbbvm2ba7r4PZgaoUsWyAeS(AeOragWaeo5dZyaNr7qE27fj4eOIbCgTdfO5oaDfhOIbCgn45Wa DfhSJjbAYcjYtmm9b16xUed4mAsGMSqI8eOchZ)Oe9ZzzLaX2ujCkXGv44kxGntkLyGaBwLs4WXA09KsmqGnRsjC4y SCpDoLyGaBwLs4WXAs3jLyGaBwLs4WHJbRoK3ssglD9EI9OyTrur7fsKNykxApMQRynxki59WdCwQJ5sPBykw9avmf CSRYM3hrXFemLc(ixki2sEtfFe3KUENwmjmSIv0UCRXnLO40oPeogPk44NHZfhoQVDiWQv61tS6Dn06dUq3oIHLcM9 NLvceRdawAkrXPDYsDmbRGJFgoxeAf01oUHwa91ejwTwa93bxO77yWQd5TKKtU0EmN680WLUdKYjxA)aPKyR2kMKg2 BPRx)YoSgOS5DGVHhj7pCw0NsmkaVv9jyhdwDiVLKkJGCShft5s7bQy40oFzlfpXQSEbcNw8fJBkrXPLsmkw9k9nPa vmGUIJXYM4WXGhSbWXlKipXGKeS21lRdrSUeCoPKL6yxLnVpII)imPuWWXCbomfuZVcEIXkWboCSdRC9sctGMKv0EW oM)rj6NZfhRis8U6TavHELJBbCChCHUHo2MkHtjgSchx5cSzsPedeyZQuchowJUNuIbcSzvkHdhJL7PZPedeyZQuch owt6oPedeyZQuchoCmy1H8wsYyPR3tmN)eRnIkAVqI8eJhb5ysxwr7NuIDyzJtjgmvtCtXkqftCtXsdVjbNyySr6La GM8aPVkBEFef)rWuk4JCPGyl5nv8rCt66DAXe3uS0KUSI2JD8tXkCmCvxD8NsmyQM4MIvGkM4MILM0Lv0Em)k4jM4M ILgEtcoXWyJ0lban5bsFv28(ik(JGPuWh5sbXwYBQ4J4M0170cho2HLUEpoJ2zPQdoDoMtlMty6lggNsbZs1ysaMgO IjHHvSI2LBnUPefN2jLWXGNJKbAsEc2XWsbZ(ZfhRis82Z66Ah3EcnrI6dUqeRJP6cpTZeSJ1balnLO40ozPogPk44 NHZIaqd5vRwv)9D9Dvh6jgtWk44NHZfHwbnXAhoic99nrO17Pa3bxO77yk4yxLnVpII)iykf8r(vI(3kr)CSdlD9EW av15yqvPuQCDnNWiizjgpcYoJUPTuYsDwQZI(SuNfpZsDwUZsD4WzXZuIbRoK3ssLrqoMZ7gZf4WuWYiihdhO7YkAh s4CVhTHbA9hHLuBlpmlBId)EmD4yTrur7fsKNy8iiht1vSMlfK8E4bol1Xivbh)mCw8e6yCtjkoTuIXKipXCbomfmg qFeE6CmwboWXCbomfuZVcEIXkWbo2i805yoJcITKFeeuXyUahMcgdhO7YkAhsmcpDwNhPPZJaNZrko68inDEKMopst NhPPZJ005rA68i45WlsWrNhPPZJ005rA68Od5zVxKGJZ9E8Oh9OhPWF0i805hriHpsxNv5kueu0GOcgP5dY8Tu0wF5 Itqu8TMpm19rYo8JaNZrkopIqcFKUgg8bbeAeS(AeOragWaeo5dtDFKSd)Od5zVxKGZJiKWhP7vzZ7JO4pctkfu3hX (N(7XJE0JE0JE0JEewsTT8WSSjo8Ji8rWZHxKGZ7XJE0JE0JE0JEuByGw)rCdyEpE0JE0JMo87XJE0JEKc)rJWtNFe He(iDDwLRqrqrdIkyKMpiZ3srB9LlobrX3A(Wu3hj7WpcCohP48icj8r6AyWheqOrW6RrG2A(UwbY8HPUps2HF0H8S 3lsW5res4J09QS59ru8hHjLcQ7Jy)t)94rp6rp6rp6rpclP2wEyw2eh(re(OUA)E8Oh9Oh9Oh9Oh1ggO1Fe3aM3Jh9 Oh9OPd)EmD4yJWtNpXCwLRqrqrdIkyKMpiZ3srB9LlobrX3A(WmMlWHPGAmjYtSr4PZHJHLcM9Nl3eR6Pd911v1RVQ dOx5i4cruFSoayPPefN2jl1XeSco(z4CrOvqx74wGAIR0tSQNejQp4cDFhZ)Oe9Z5YnXQE6qFDDv96R6a6vocUqe1h tbh7QS59ru8hHjLc(OYii)ikatgGJTPs4uIbRWXvUaBMukXab2SkLWHJ1KUtkXab2SkLWHJXY905uIbcSzvkHdhRr3 tkXab2SkLWHdhoCmHZs9T(6Wja

Question about trinket set up on a fight by fight basis. I got lucky with coins so now I'm rocking
    Seethe, PoF as well as my goren soul repository and war forged crucible.

HFC trinkets are heroic and brf are mythic.

I figured seethe and goren are Best for xhul and iskar but I wasn't sure if a case could be made for PoF on certain fights or even if it had came out ahead of GSR on any fights

Quote Originally Posted by Kulle View Post
    Why would you give Prophecy of Fear to a moonkin? that trinket is terrible for them.
    Probalby to abuse the bug where Sunfall (glyphed starfall) sets off the explosions from PoF. Its potentially a lot of damage for aoe. But yeah, DSI +class trinket are better for the boomy's

Which do you think is better a 695 Gaze vs 6/6 Sandman's Pouch for a Shadow Priest (alt)? (Saddens me to see a 6/6 crafted with so much less Int than a 695)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Probalby to abuse the bug where Sunfall (glyphed starfall) sets off the explosions from PoF. Its potentially a lot of damage for aoe. But yeah, DSI +class trinket are better for the boomy's

Which do you think is better a 695 Gaze vs 6/6 Sandman's Pouch for a Shadow Priest (alt)? (Saddens me to see a 6/6 crafted with so much less Int than a 695)
    It was in the first week, where not everyone knew what trinkets are the best for them. The boomkin got Gaze as well, and it sadly didn't drop again since that raid.

Looking at Gaze and Sandman's Pouch stats, they should be roughly even. I think that Sandman's Pouch can be better thanks to pulls with Potion and Bloodlust.

Quote Originally Posted by masati View Post
    Question about trinket set up on a fight by fight basis. I got lucky with coins so now I'm rocking

I figured seethe and goren are Best for xhul and iskar but I wasn't sure if a case could be made for PoF on certain fights or even if it had came out ahead of GSR on any fights
    Hey Masati,

Wondering what you are running with now, as I have the same set up as you, and trying to decide what would be best to use with AS.
    M Goren Soul Repository
    M WF Crucible
    N Prophecy of Fear with socket
    715 Alch Trinket

Or anyone else that can help me out, would be much appreciated. Am I safe in running PoF + 715 Alch trinket as default?

PoF is shit for Shadow is general, just DE it already.

No idea what the Alch trinket is called, so no idea about its stats. Crucible has high Int and a decent proc, so it will never be "bad", but there are better trinkets out there.

GSR beats the shit out of all the other trinkets, so you will always be using that one until you can get the HFC trinkets worth using (Ironreaver Piston, Unblinking Gaze of Seethe, Repudiation of War for ST).

GSR and UGoS, no exceptions.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    GSR and UGoS, no exceptions.
    Actually that's not entirely true. I've found that if seethe won't hit 2+ targets and you have 4+ targets spread out PoF's raw int makes up for it. Also its a nice bonus when the debuff pops at the right time and you're able to utilize it perfectly. That being said, UGoS is way more reliable in terms of proccing. I got a mythic piston 2 nights ago as well as a Mythic WF GSR and I'm finding those 2 to be a great combo over GSR and UGoS, at least depending on the fight. GSR also shines on shorter fight lengths and would be better than Piston in those cases.

Just finally got my Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia. Yay holiday cache!

Are we unanimous that Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia and Repudiation of War together is what we should be using for CoP singletarget, or is the Unblinking Gaze of Sethe any good for that?

EDIT: From my target dummy tests it seems that Unblinking Gaze of Sethe is better than Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia for pure singletarget.

For all tests I was not raid buffed, used a focus augment rune and Oralius' Whispering Crystal, no food and no other buffs. No trials were affected by my Rune of Power proccing from the mage tower and I never used my legendary ring.

Test #1: Repudiation of War + Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia. Test lasted approx. 10 minutes. 100% of all dmg was done to the Raider's Training Dummy. Result was 42k DPS.

Test #2: Repudiation of War + Unblinking Gaze of Sethe. Test lasted approx. 10 minutes. 89.4% of all dmg was done to the Raider's Training Dummy; the rest was done to the surrounding 2 dummies which were hit by the Gaze. Result was 46.5k DPS.

Test #2 shows a clear advantage to using the Gaze of Sethe when you are singletargetting with constant cleave (i.e. Tyrant Velhari). Try as I might, I could not find a way in recount to find the DPS done to only the Raider's Training Dummy in Test #2. The only thing it would show me is the total damage done to it. I had not precisely recorded the amount of time spent in combat, and recount would not show me the length of the fight. I calculated 89.4% times 46.5k DPS and got about 41.5k DPS, but I was not sure how accurate of a measure that was, so I went to Pandaria to hit a Turnip Dummy with nothing surrounding it.

Test #3: Repudiation of War + Unblinking Gaze of Sethe. Test lasted 5 minutes as that was the duration of the dummy. 100% of all dmg was done to the dummy. DPS recorded was about 43.5k.

Something I noticed while recording was that my damage appeared to slowly ramp up and up and up and never actually stabilize at maximum until the test had been going for about 10 minutes. I am not sure if that has to do with recount or if shadow priests actually take that long to negate our weak opener. That said, I was willing to accept the 5min Turnip trial against the other 10min trials because my damage was already higher at the 5min mark and it would have only continued to go up if I kept it going for 10 minutes like the other two.

On a side note, I now have every trinket except the Iron Reaver Piston (RIP auspicious spirits)...which is not too terribly sad for me, because I prefer COP anyway and have been using it to stomp everything except Council/Xhul/Archi :P Of all the trinkets I have, the only one that is not heroic is the Prophecy of Fear. I am going to be passing on that one for a while and letting our mages etc. have it, because it is really just no good except on Hellfire Assault and Iskar. I did have a lot of fun playing with it and learning how to maximize it, so I'm sad that it's no good except for 2 fights. No idea whether it's useful for anything on Mythic.
    Last edited by Regia; 2015-08-01 at 05:23 AM.

DSI has some interesting properties, most notably that it's a high value proc that can be used at the start of a battle to burst for higher damage. It can also be combined with PI, Heroism, and the legendary ring at the start of a battle for essentially mass buff stacking. It would be interesting to play around with this trinket from an angle where you intend to game the proc for some kind of stacked effect.

However, in general, you're going to see the best results as follows:

Pure single target: Repudiation of War + either Sethe or Prophecy of Fear, depending on which RoW rotation you decide to use.
    Fights with AE and/or lots of target switching: Prophecy of Fear + Sethe

Additionally there's some precedent to use RoW to turn add fights into micro-instances of single target fights, by gaming Insanity and rolling the higher uptime of Insanity during execute to re-apply the debuff to the next target, and so on, but this may or may not work, and would depend largely on how quickly adds are dying, but will probably be worthwhile on fights like Gorefiend where the bulk of damage still comes during a weakness phase.

The other big issue with DSI is that it's just a lower iLevel than the later trinkets in the instance. As a result of this it just has less power allocated to it. Even though it's a great trinket, with great stats for CoP, it's still 5-10 ilevels weaker than the others. Nothing you can do about that.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Deleted
    I'm confused. Im following this list:

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?t=7642

With AS, Piston is n1 there. And even the crafted one lv6 is higher than hc pof/sethe. Who's right?

I was responding to regia who was asking about trinkets for cop.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

For as you want piston all the time and swap between UGoS and PoF as needed. If you have a mythic gsr you can take that too.

Quote Originally Posted by masati View Post

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    For as you want piston all the time and swap between UGoS and PoF as needed. If you have a mythic gsr you can take that too.
    I'm also having some back and forth between what trinkets to use. I have HRoW, M Piston, H PoF, and M GSR. I'm using M PIston + HRoW for CoP/ST which seems pretty obvious. I'm having a little back and forth between using Piston + H PoF or Piston + M GSR.

Once I do finally get a hold of a UGoS I would assume I would want to replace M GSR with it as well?

I feel like H PoF can be better than M GSR with lucky procs, but that can often be a lot to ask for. I find it likes to proc on non priority targets, almost dead targets or just at bad times when there isn't adds up up at the time. I feel like this allows M GSR to push ahead more consistently. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by skyburns; 2015-08-15 at 03:51 PM.

After further testing with all of the trinkets ive found piston and seethe to the most reliable for as. PoF is nice but never seems to proc at the right time. DSI is good for CoP and i usually will run seethe and DSI for cop. ROW is a dps gain on single target but i honestly dont like dealing with the debuff.

As soon as you get USoG swap it out with your GSR and mind your facing direction.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    After further testing with all of the trinkets ive found piston and seethe to the most reliable for as. PoF is nice but never seems to proc at the right time. DSI is good for CoP and i usually will run seethe and DSI for cop. ROW is a dps gain on single target but i honestly dont like dealing with the debuff.

As soon as you get USoG swap it out with your GSR and mind your facing direction.

Thanks. I think I'll try that (GSR no PoF). I enjoy good procs with PoF but most of the time its a pain to alter my rotation. I'm hoping to get a Chipped Soul Prism or USoG sometime soon. I was also thinking of getting a 6/6 Sandmans if I can't get one of those trinkets next week as that should still be an improvement over mythic GSR.

I agree it never seems to proc right. It either doesn't proc at all on Iskar adds or procs on a non priority target and then I feel bad.

As for RoW... it's been quite an ordeal trying to practice and get better using it. I used it for our Mythic Iron Reaver kill and I felt like I performed a lot better than I could if I didn't use it. I've been slowly improving with practice but it still feels pretty clunky. I'm also debating using it for our first attempts at mythic kormok on Sunday.

I usually go as for kormrok as our hands get insta killed by warriors but the tank hand is up for awhile. That coupled with all the movement i have to do on rune duty makes it a bit easier to maintain dps.