10+ Year Old Account

"WE'RE ALL SOLDIERS NOW." [Soldier: 76 Fan Thread]

"WE'RE ALL SOLDIERS NOW."

Currently the target of an international manhunt, the vigilante known as Soldier: 76 wages a personal war to expose the truth behind Overwatch's collapse.

Soldier: 76 revealed himself in a string of attacks that crisscrossed the globe, targeting financial institutions, shadowy corporations, and secure Overwatch facilities. Though to the outside world his motives are inscrutable, there are those who claim that he is a former Overwatch agent, determined to shed light on the conspiracy that brought down the organization.

While his true identity remains a mystery, he is believed to have been trained as a member of the American "soldier enhancement program." He possesses physical capabilities exceeding those of a conventional soldier's, as well as other augmentations that make him a peerless combatant. In addition, he utilizes a cutting-edge arsenal, much of it stolen in raids on Overwatch installations.

Unrelenting in his search to find those responsible for Overwatch's fall, Soldier: 76 will stop at nothing to bring them to justice.

Last edited by Toralin; 2015-07-11 at 10:22 AM.

Deleted
    Looks awesome as a class.

But fuck that aimbot ultimate. That shit doesn't belong in a FPS >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    That shit doesn't belong in a FPS >_>
    Too bad; your in Blizzard's territory now of simplification of needlessly complicated mechanics like breathing to steady your shot. Tough luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping the obvious OP state of the hero is just a marketing technique for producing hype, which the Overwatch team have done amazingly so far, and that all heroes do end up being balanced in one way or another.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Too bad; your in Blizzard's territory now of simplification of needlessly complicated mechanics like breathing to steady your shot. Tough luck!
    I'm pretty sure this is sarcasm but sometimes it's hard over the internet :P

"We're all soldiers now", huh? That's a pretty... ominous catchphrase.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

How is he the only one with an origin story?

GODDAMN IT BLIZZARD GIVE ME MORE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like he is inspired by Cable of the X-Men franchise. Still he seems badass
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Looks like a pretty good all rounder type. Which suits me fine
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    AH, great! Added to original post

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    So to answer specifically about Soldier: Seventy Six, we actually got to a point where we have so many crazy characters jumping and flying all over our maps, someone more rooted in the Call of Duties of the genre really does stand on his own as a unique character among other unique characters. On top of that, because of the popularity of these games (and believe me, we all love CoD as well), we found that a lot of players’ first reaction to the game was this feeling of being overwhelmed by our crazy cast of characters and they really wanted to start with a character that they could be somewhat familiar with. We’d hear feedback like “Don’t you guys just have a character with a normal rifle or something?”. So we were like, “yea you know what, we really should have that character…”
    This is an excellent reason as to why Soldier 76 is a great addition to OW's roster; there's just so many characters with unusual powers in the game that having a normal FPS hero is just as crazy when you contrast his seemingly ordinary powers with the rest of the crew. Really; Soldier 76 is just as unique in play style compared to everyone else when you think about it, the only difference being we've seen that playstyle before.