Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Id rather see something like this for Overwatch or Starcraft.
    Ooooh, exploring the Starcraft Universe would be sweet. Very good idea, good sir!

I was just thinking about this the other day. WoW has a ton of diverse locations that with a lot more detail could be very interesting, of course you wouldn't be able to do Azeroth, since it's very large, else you would suffer from the same thing WoW currently does, in that the zones are very small, so this reduces the amount of immersion you can have in it. I'd love to see Durotar, Uldum, Scholazar, Stormwind, and Teldrassil in a high graphical fidelity single player RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Id rather see something like this for Overwatch or Starcraft.
    And I'd like to add, because I just noticed this: the idea of an Overwatch single player open-world RPG is fantastic. A lot of times, the beauty of exploring an open world is that you can familiarize yourself with the world your character is in in the way you want to and at your own pace. You can see the characters, the state of living, the types of problems they have any how they react to you and deduce what kind of world it is. For a game like Overwatch that will start as a world nobody knows and likely don't understand or initially care much for - seeing as how you have no connection or understanding of it - allowing you to go out into the world would make you naturally more invested in the franchise and interested in the other elements.

I also think there's a huge lack of cool sci-fi open-world RPGs. It's not a genre I'm familiar with or grew up with but I'm somewhat interested in, and something like that would probably suck me in.

As someone who plays in the very early hours of the morning, it already feels like I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    Well, as the title says, would you be interested?

They could really focus on the story, and because it's not an mmo they can make you a more powerful hero than you experience in wow.

Would you want to have lots of warcraft classes like in wow or the classic fighter/stealth/caster and let you customize from there to make a class.?

Just a thought I had and hadn't seen it on the forum, and figured hey, maybe people would like to chew on this idea.

I would totally jump on this if the story looked new and compelling.
    If they added lots of new content, yes. If they committed to adding new content regularly, I would pay a sub as well.

Deleted
    yes, if Blizzard would finally hire some1 who is able to create decent and logical lore, characters and background

NO.

/10char
    ~RAWR!

Deleted
    We allready have that game. World of warcraft. The current wow is singleplayer game.
    Well nvm..it cant fit into that category cause wow is not an RPG anymore.

Deleted
    IF they would design it as challenging as it is now, and i mean single player raiding, with the same difficulty raiding has in the actual wow, yes without doubt.
    If you are thinking in something as Skyrim, witcher or dragon age, then i would not play it at all.

My heart says yes a thousand times over.

Then my brain steps in and reminds me this isn't the middle 90s to early 2000s and that most of Blizzards creative influence is no longer directed at great games but rather now can we get this loyal fan to spend 10 cents instead of 5 per dollar. #EAzone

10+ Year Old Account
    In a heartbeat. I loved Kingdoms of Amalur, which really felt like an offline MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Before WoW was made I kinda expected Diablo to become an MMO instead of Warcraft.
    Back in the day when they announced WOW, we were all surprised it was not gonna be an MMORPG of their only rpg, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    In a heartbeat. I loved Kingdoms of Amalur, which really felt like an offline MMO.
    i agree. though there was something about amalurs story or questing that never made me want to keep playing after you travel to the second regions. (cant remember what it was called but it was when you finished off the first set of starting zones and you could goto one of two new regions)

I try to give it another try every so often, i get really into it and i still stop at the same place...sucks because i want to see the rest of the story...maybe someday.

I will say though amalur is the only action game my wife has ever gotten really into (as much into as she can get as a non gamer).

Deleted
    Sure, why not?

If there was a Skyrim/Mass Effect/Witcher style game set in the Warcraft universe, I'd play the shit out of it. I love the MMO format, but because you share the world with thousands of others, there are limitations that come with that. A single player experience would give the developers a lot more flexibility to do some great storytelling.

Hell, I sunk 100 hours into Skyrim and I don't really care about the Elder Scrolls lore.

absolutely. I've always preferred single player anyway, means you can play at your own pace, pause, save game, etc and allows for much better handling of story progression
    it would be difficult to maintain two warcraft games at the same time though without one contradicting the other (especially since they can't even manage that with only the one game!) though, and the single player games market is depressingly shrinking so I doubt it would ever happen