Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Change Soldier 76's ult

(So I have not played the game myself, so the following is just what i got from watching the game)

From what i've seen the new hero, Soldier 76, looks like a semi mobile beefy-ish damage dealer. he has a lot of characteristics that you get from other typical FPS games. But in my opinion his ult (Q) does not fit his kit well and is kinda useless.
    First of all, it makes him from a kinda medium skill cap hero to easy mode hero because of its lock on affect. this makes it nice for new fps players but for skilled players his ult does basically nothing at all, cuz ya know, they know how to aim.

What I would do to change it (just a quick idea) is the following:
    turn it into a grenade, a small but like tracers but this has range. It could work in a way where its damage and size of the AOE is not too good, but if you kill someone with the ability it puts it back at like say 80% charge, so you can potentially use it in quick succession. I think this fits in much better because while you're running and gunning around the map, you can throw out you're grenade get a kill, shoot a few people and keep the cycle going. giving this hero a sustain in fights.

So yeah, have a nice day and tell me, what do you guys think about my idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Zokie0 View Post
    (So I have not played the game myself, so the following is just what i got from watching the game)

From what i've seen the new hero, Soldier 76, looks like a semi mobile beefy-ish damage dealer. he has a lot of characteristics that you get from other typical FPS games. But in my opinion his ult (Q) does not fit his kit well and is kinda useless.
    First of all, it makes him from a kinda medium skill cap hero to easy mode hero because of its lock on affect. this makes it nice for new fps players but for skilled players his ult does basically nothing at all, cuz ya know, they know how to aim.

What I would do to change it (just a quick idea) is the following:
    turn it into a grenade, a small but like tracers but this has range. It could work in a way where its damage and size of the AOE is not too good, but if you kill someone with the ability it puts it back at like say 80% charge, so you can potentially use it in quick succession. I think this fits in much better because while you're running and gunning around the map, you can throw out you're grenade get a kill, shoot a few people and keep the cycle going. giving this hero a sustain in fights.

So yeah, have a nice day and tell me, what do you guys think about my idea?
    Minda as well revamp all the other heroe's ults as well under your logic. "Tracer's ult strat is to simply port in, bomb, rewind out, and that's it! Low skill cap! Used only by newbs! Blah blah blah..."

Looks awesome as is.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, SHOCKING NEWS! '76 isn't the first character in OW with (what appears to be - not confirmed yet) an aimbot ult. McRee had one, but did people get upset about that? Nope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Also, SHOCKING NEWS! '76 isn't the first character in OW with (what appears to be - not confirmed yet) an aimbot ult. McRee had one, but did people get upset about that? Nope.
    I.. Uhmm I I I did?

In all seriousness it is a bit concerning. Of course, until we can get our hands on OW we can only guess how much those ults disturb the game flow. They may be very situational or even harmless on some maps but who knows. Unfortunately for now.. it doesn't look so good .

I'm going to take a guess here, but I'm guessing Blizz knows the new guy seems overpowered. It's a marketing trick to get people from CoD or what not over into the game before nerfing him to a normal state.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'm going to take a guess here, but I'm guessing Blizz knows the new guy seems overpowered. It's a marketing trick to get people from CoD or what not over into the game before nerfing him to a normal state.
    OW isn't targeted at CoD players... or [insert random FPS name here] players...

OW isn't targeted at CoD players... or [insert random FPS name here] players...
    It is now.

It is now.
    Are you surprised that Blizzard had the kindness to introduce basic, easily understandable character for which to give new players a chance with? It's a Blizzard game ofcourse.

Are you surprised that Blizzard had the kindness to introduce basic, easily understandable character for which to give new players a chance with? It's a Blizzard game ofcourse.
    Yes, now with a gun that works in such an easy way with what they are familiar with. Almost as if they want a certain group of players to be interested in the game...

Yes, now with a gun that works in such an easy way with what they are familiar with. Almost as if they want a certain group of players to be interested in the game...
    Oh! We have a WoW class, a Hearthstone deck, and a HotS character who works in a basic way so as to help bring in players who would otherwise go "WTF how am I supposed to play this game?" without! Surely we must be trying to steal someone else's already firmly established audience who couldn't give a damn about our games!

Oh! We have a WoW class, a Hearthstone deck, and a HotS character who works in a basic way so as to help bring in players who would otherwise go "WTF how am I supposed to play this game?" without! Surely we must be trying to steal someone else's already firmly established audience who couldn't give a damn about our games!
    Yeah of course they wouldn't give a damn, everyone knows FPS players aren't actually interested in other FPS games. psssh. Blizzard doesn't need them anyway, let's make a FPS game that doesn't seek to attract other FPS players, what a great business model.

Why would they design a character that only an eleven year old boy tweaked out on mountain dew can play?

Deleted
    Yes, what is tutorial. What is self improvement. What is good game balance. Holly shit. Yeah let's design a hero that requires minimal amount of effort for high amount of effectiveness - that will deff encourage people to improve themselves.. like totally.

Honestly would it kill people if ults were more than just situational iwinbuttons? Would discourage new players from OW that much? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    Honestly would it kill people if ults were more than just situational iwinbuttons? Would discourage new players from OW that much? Really?
    Yes. Yes it would.

Just because it's easy doesn't mean he's overpowered. As I had said before; he is designed to help bring in players who would otherwise not understand the wackyiness of the game's heroes. If you don't like him, don't play him!

Eh, I'll wait until the game like, exists before making a call.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Why would they design a character that only an eleven year old boy tweaked out on mountain dew can play?
    So... the FPS market?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

People who play fps games, even easy ones still know how to aim and shoot, they dont need some lock on ability, and like i said, for good players its basically useless.
    I just think that they need to implement a new ult for him thats easy but can still be used with skill. weather its the grenade idea or what ever they come up with.

God players aren't at aimbot level otherwise they would be kicked at banned from people who think they are using it. As it in now that only happens to snipers.

Do you really want someone in you're game just just walk around holding left click, and getting play of the game. I imagine that using his ult would not feel fun or cool. And im sure it does not appear so cool looking either. add that to it not being too usefull and you have a boring ult that does not give you much when you obtain it.
    Imagine playing reaper and you find your self in a bad position, say 3 people chasing you and you're dumb shit is on cooldown. you turn a corner then quickly take out the 1st person and ur ult comes up, so you ult the other 2 while moving away from them. you just out played them and it was a VERY fun experience.
    in the case with the soldier lets say you're in the same spot and the first person turns the corner. you kill him and then ult and let the game do the fun part for you...

Deleted
    God players aren't at aimbot level otherwise they would be kicked at banned from people who think they are using it. As it in now that only happens to snipers.
    Oh and we are banned. The list of CS servers I'm banned is quite high :>. Not even mentioning when I was professionally playing quake3 (cpma), the shit I could pull off.. Heh.

All I want is for OW to have gameplay based on aim, situational awareness, movement and.. action. And NOT on waiting for your imbazor ability to go off cooldown...

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    All I want is for OW to have gameplay based on aim, situational awareness, movement and.. action. And NOT on waiting for your imbazor ability to go off cooldown...
    Perhaps you should learn to position correctly so you won't get hit by his aim bot ultimate as opposed to say, clearly standing out in the open when '76 pulls out his orange visor?

It's hard to tell much from the previews but OW seems to consist of a lot of dying and respawning so a cheesy ult kill is not necessarily a big deal.

Really need to actually play it to tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.