Deleted

Problem with my friends laptop

Hi guys!
    So I got a little issue here, my friend and I just got back from a theme park and after shutting down her laptop the other day she wanted to turn it back on and it's suddenly super super slow and spotify updater is suddenly running ( she didnt start it up herself ) and it says it is installing spotify which she already has on her laptop. She can't go to chrome or open anything else. I was thinking of reinstalling Windows 7 completely on her laptop because it's driving me crazy and I hate Windows 8, which she currently has right now.
    We don't want to reinstall everything,because she can't go to her files aswell we cannot get her school and work related stuff off the laptop either.

-Now we tried of course turning it on and off again but that didn't work.
    -It's Windows 8
    -We tried shutting it off with task manager.

NOTE: I am a Windows 7 user and I always hates using Windows 8, I know little to nothing off this software so this is the reason why I turned to the awesome community of this forum to help me!

Windows 8 is not much different from windows 7 .. just the start screen.

and I love Windows 8 has caused me zero problems since I got it the day it was released.

ctrl + alt + del >click task manager>process tab > check whats using up all the resources> right click end task
    Last edited by Unclekreepy; 2015-07-07 at 08:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    Windows 8 is not much different from windows 7 .. just the start screen.
    Well I can't seem to find jack shit on her laptop while I can find everything I want on my own desktop. I feel like a retard using her laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Well I can't seem to find jack shit on her laptop while I can find everything I want on my own desktop. I feel like a retard using her laptop
    on that big ass start screen just type in the name of whatever you're looking for it will pop up on the right.. (just start typing dont click anything it will pop up)

"control panel" .. boom pops up on right

Deleted
    on that big ass start screen just type in the name of whatever you're looking for it will pop up on the right.. (just start typing dont click anything it will pop up)

"control panel" .. boom pops up on right
    Hmm allright well thanks! going to try it out now!

EDIT : We tried that. It doesn't want to go to task manager either.

hmm maybe safe mode and un-install spotify

can also start googling your problems

Edit: you have done a fresh reboot right by holding down the power button until it shuts down then restarting?
    Last edited by Unclekreepy; 2015-07-07 at 09:08 PM.

Deleted
    hmm maybe safe mode and un-install spotify

can also start googling your problems

Edit: you have done a fresh reboot right by holding down the power button until it shuts down then restarting?
    Let me try that!

EDIT: Tried the rebooting, didnt work. Trying safe mode now!
    Last edited by mmocf70a06ebec; 2015-07-07 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a laptop so what are the CPU temps? Spotify could be a coincidence. But from my experience Revo Uninstaller is really good at removing things.

Deleted
    Hi guys! Little "update" we got her files off the laptop and a re trying a new clean reinstall. We did the "reset your PC" mode and we are now waiting for that to complete. Problem is, it's been stuck at 27% since yesterday evening..