10+ Year Old Account

New motherboard to replace ASUS P8Z68

Following on from my previous thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...GPU-plugged-in
    It looks like I'm going to need a new motherboard. I've been out of the loop a little hardware wise so not really current on whats available.

Ideally I'd like to try and keep my current i7-2600k since:
    1) There is nothing wrong with it,
    2) I'll save a tonne of money in the short term especially with new hardware coming out soon.

So first question is does anyone know of anywhere in the UK I can pick up a replacement P8Z68 V-Pro?
    Failing that I guess I'm looking for a new Motherboard + CPU since a quick look seems to indicate that the sockets used by Intel don't support LGA 1155 2nd Gen (sandbridge) anyone have any suggestions on MB's sporting 10x SATA ports?

10+ Year Old Account
    A quick search on amazon shows this.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/P8Z68-V-Moth...68+motherboard

A single used one, doesnt appear to be very cheap but its something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you, but I think at the point I'm spending £90 to ship a 2nd hand board out from hong kong. I'd rather just upgrade at this point.

Deleted
    You can find new Z68/Z75/Z77 board for 65-100pounds, obviously you don't have many options. What you won't find tho is 10sata ports douptfully even 8. You are looking mostly at 6ports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    You can find new Z68/Z75/Z77 board for 65-100pounds, obviously you don't have many options. What you won't find tho is 10sata ports douptfully even 8. You are looking mostly at 6ports.
    Had a look on amazon + novatech and a few other UK sites, but there doesn't seem to be much on offer for a replacement MB only, so have decided to go with a:
    Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard (£148.13)
    Intel Core i5 4690K Processor (3.5 GHz, 6 MB Cache, LGA1150 Socket) (£178.75)

Long term I think this makes more sense, otherwise in 6-12 months if I have an issue with the CPU then I'll just end up buying another 1155 CPU again and never progressing. + I don't have to buy a bunch of PCI SATA ports for slots which aren't available (the majority of the boards I can find appear to be m-ATX or even ITX, very few were ATX.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2015-07-08 at 12:03 PM.