Poll: Should gear from Worldbosses scale with your raid progress?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Should worldboss loot scale depending on your raid progress?

I saw something interesting in the Blueposts today.

How does Supreme Lord Kazzak ilvl loot work? Is it based on your progression in HFC or just a tooltip error in journal?

This made me think, wouldnt it be nice to have worldbosses stay relevant? It would work like the raid caches from the garrison. Do a few heroic kills, and you get heroic loot from the Worldboss, do mythic, and get mythic loot. (you will need to have atleast a few kills on that difficulty in order to get higher loot from the worldboss.)

Keep in mind, VoA and Baradin Hold used to have Normal, and heroic loot.
    Last edited by mmoce38467a1b7; 2015-07-08 at 11:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Keep in mind, VoA and Baradin Hold used to have Normal, and heroic loot.
    That was different because it was 10 and 25 man.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see much of a reason to make it work that way. We don't need more ways to get higher level loot, and I like that the world bosses are just loot piñatas to get some useful gear for alts or catching up with gearing.

I want that mythic speed trinket. gottagofast
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Deleted
    I wouldn't complain if they did, but I'm fine with how they are. I can live without needing to mess around with world bosses each week.

Honestly, I would just prefer a weak tier piece. Say, a bracer or something with possibly crappy stats but a way to get tier bonus earlier. If you do strictly heroics in a heroic guild, it can take the vast majority of a tier to get piece bonuses now.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Honestly, I would just prefer a weak tier piece. Say, a bracer or something with possibly crappy stats but a way to get tier bonus earlier. If you do strictly heroics in a heroic guild, it can take the vast majority of a tier to get piece bonuses now.
    That would be pretty broken and make this item a requirement. Can get 4 set T18 then 2 set T17 on top then

Baradin Hold didn't have normal and Heroic loot. Only VoA did, because in Wrath normal was used for 10-man raids and Heroic was used for 25-man raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Go back to 6/8 tier bonuseseseseseses.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I think this is a better idea than caches tbh.

The world boss stays the same difficulty, so I don't see why it should drop better loot just because you have progressed further on actual raids.

Deleted
    Like Ryethe said, it could be a replacement for the garrison caches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Like Ryethe said, it could be a replacement for the garrison caches.

Indeed, that would be nice

that would make it mandatory content for anyone who even cares a little bit about their gear progression, we have rerolls, caches many ways to already have gear handed to us. the world boss fights are not fun nor engaging to do and as such should not be made a gear step for those who have surpassed the gear it currently gives.

Bad idea. If they scaled with progress there would be no reason to do them on alts for a piece of shitty LFR gear, and mains would feel completely obligated to kill them every week.

Deleted
    No, as a currently none raider, it is a nice chance for me to get a decent upgrade.
    However having a currency that dropped in raids on a personal roll system that could be used then to roll when a world boss dies to have the chance of an tier level drop from the bosses loot table would be something I would be happy to see. This way the raiding community get an additional chance of upgrades, that is not at the expense of the none raid community.

I think they are fine as they are: Initial gearing, alt catching up, and (while WoD didn't do this for most bosses), low mount drop % chance so you have a reason to farm it (though without feeling compelled).

10+ Year Old Account
    Mop did world bosses right. Not sure why they changed the model.

Omg please. I want a Mythic Chipped Soul Prism. Also the other trinket for soloing purposes because that shit is OP as hell.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Mop did world bosses right. Not sure why they changed the model.

Warlords of Draenor: Because fuck you. *flexes developer muscles*
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥