Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I don't understand this.

id love someone to try to persistently sell me something I don't want

I like griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    "NO I DON'T WANT THE FUCKING FLOOR MODEL!"

Every damn time I want to yell that at them when they try to give it to me.
    Okay, I gotta ask what happened here.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Okay, I gotta ask what happened here.
    Might be referring to when you want a game and the only one they have left is the one they took the game out of to display the box and that the employees have taken home to try it and then try to charge the full price. It should be illegal to sell opened product as new but GS does it all the time. Another bullshit thing they pull

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm
    A few years ago I went in there to buy some wow game time, the cashier asked me if I wanted to preorder any console games, to which I declined, because PC master race.
    Well..Can't wait for this to blow some shit up.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    But they shouldn't be doing that. Thats harassment. You take something to a cashier and they are supposed to ring you up, and thats it. The only thing they should be saying is hello, and your total. Thats the way its been forever up until about 5 years ago or so. Now every store you go to, they ask you to sign up for credit cards, gift cards, loyalty cards, warranties, additional items, etc...This is why so many brick and mortar stores are losing sales to online retailers
    Yeah, that's another thing about Gamestop that annoys me: They ALWAYS ask you if you want to sign up for their rewards program, and they have a really annoying tendency to push pre-orders on you. I remember reading that a former GS employee said that they have monthly quotas for pre-orders and reservations, and if you don't meet it, you're fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I disagree. Customers can haggle in a pawn shop, you cannot haggle at Gamestop. You get what the computer says for your game, and you pay the sticker price on everything
    Wrong. You can haggle anywhere you want to.

1. That's their job. It's sales. They are told to push things like new games, consoles, accessories, etc.
    2. You apparently were not as forward as you thought you were.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yeah, that's another thing about Gamestop that annoys me: They ALWAYS ask you if you want to sign up for their rewards program, and they have a really annoying tendency to push pre-orders on you. I remember reading that a former GS employee said that they have monthly quotas for pre-orders and reservations, and if you don't meet it, you're fired.
    It's sales....

You must have preorder to access this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    In fact every gamestop employee is like this. It's what they are trained to do. I find it annoying too but by her employers standards she was doing a fine job.
    I've been to three different game stops around town for the past 10+ years. None of them have ever been like this. Hell, half the time if they're not busy we'll have a solid convo about games we like.

Of course they'll ask me I want to pre order a game if it comes up in that convo but I've never had them go out of their way to mention something I didn't already show an interest in getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Expect Gamestop employees to act like the corporate bloodsuckers their corporate overlords want them to be and you'll be a lot happier.

They're trained and expected to sell, not give away money, their performance is based on those kinds of metrics. They're not bad people, they're just trying to do and keep their job.

Having said that... going to a Gamestop and complaining about corporate sales pitches is liking going out at night and complaining that it's dark outside.....

Actually, the last time I went to Gamestop I bought KH2.5 HD Remix and me, the cashier, and another customer nerded out about Kingdom Hearts for a good 20 minutes. It was a good time.
    This has been the majority of my visits. After getting through the corporate mumbo jumbo they have to spew, they're usually really fun people to nerd out on stuff with.

If this is how gamestop treats its employees. Then even more reason to ditch the place. Not supporting slave labor of that fashion. Hope they go bankrupt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Expect Gamestop employees to act like the corporate bloodsuckers their corporate overlords want them to be and you'll be a lot happier.

They're trained and expected to sell, not give away money, their performance is based on those kinds of metrics. They're not bad people, they're just trying to do and keep their job.

Having said that... going to a Gamestop and complaining about corporate sales pitches is liking going out at night and complaining that it's dark outside.....

This has been the majority of my visits. After getting through the corporate mumbo jumbo they have to spew, they're usually really fun people to nerd out on stuff with.
    Another person who didn't read my posts. It was not offers i disliked. I expect it like always.

Quote Originally Posted by Likuidz View Post
    1. That's their job. It's sales. They are told to push things like new games, consoles, accessories, etc.

It's sales
    Well then they're some of the most aggressive "sales" people I've seen. Other stores I shop at aren't constantly shoving rewards cards and other crap in my face.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Well then they're some of the most aggressive "sales" people I've seen. Other stores I shop at aren't constantly shoving rewards cards and other crap in my face.
    I can assure you if that you just, yknow, muster up some courage and stop being a manlet, and tell them that you're there for a reason and one reason only, you'd be fine. It's not like they can argue with you on what YOU want. Stop being so passive aggressive, or stop bottling it up and then bitch about it online, and stand your ground. You have to take the reigns in those situations, so next time, be confident and tell them to kindly beat it with those offers.