Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thandorr View Post
    To illustrate the disparity between rogue and feral. During Highmaul, we actually brought in my rogue with 15 ilvl less than my feral for Tectus. The fact that a spec can be 15 ilvl total less and do twice as much damage as another spec on the same spec in a mythic encounter is outright criminal. Do yourself a favor, roll rogue.
    Tectus is an awful example because it was notoriously terrible for feral and decent for rogue. Feral throughout much of highmaul was outshining rogue. Not to mention the state of balance was completely different

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joresh View Post
    Tectus is an awful example because it was notoriously terrible for feral and decent for rogue. Feral throughout much of highmaul was outshining rogue. Not to mention the state of balance was completely different
    You might say it was notoriously terrible for feral, but the point remains. Should there be that incredible chasm between two specs in completely different gear no less?

You might say it was notoriously terrible for feral, but the point remains. Should there be that incredible chasm between two specs in completely different gear no less?
    You're taking one of the worst fights for feral and comparing it to a decent/pretty good fight for rogue, it's not an accurate comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll concede that. Tectus is likely the worst fight for feral that I've encountered on the Heroic/Mythic level since I've been playing cat. Even a fight that is *good* for feral, feral is outshined by an incredible amount. Twin Ogrons was an example of a fight where feral was able to take advantage of high mobility and cross dot on them both and do well. Cross-dotting is 100% intended design for feral, but combat rogues do that fight better too. Why even have feral in the game at all if rogues and others can effortlessly outperform in every facet of the game. It is just debilitating for those who love to play that spec.

I'll concede that. Tectus is likely the worst fight for feral that I've encountered on the Heroic/Mythic level since I've been playing cat. Even a fight that is *good* for feral, feral is outshined by an incredible amount. Twin Ogrons was an example of a fight where feral was able to take advantage of high mobility and cross dot on them both and do well. Cross-dotting is 100% intended design for feral, but combat rogues do that fight better too. Why even have feral in the game at all if rogues and others can effortlessly outperform in every facet of the game. It is just debilitating for those who love to play that spec.
    Feral outperformed Rogue throughout much of Highmaul, you just happened to pick a fight that feral is terrible at (tectus) and a fight that combat was exceptional at (Twin Ogron). If you were to compare feral on Kargath, The Butcher, or Ko'ragh we were far superior to rogues. I will concede that this is not the case in HFC, rogues are far too overpowered given the state of the rest of melee, but for highmaul it was not the case

To illustrate the disparity between rogue and feral. During Highmaul, we actually brought in my rogue with 15 ilvl less than my feral for Tectus. The fact that a spec can be 15 ilvl total less and do twice as much damage as another spec on the same spec in a mythic encounter is outright criminal. Do yourself a favor, roll rogue.
    I thought every feral just went guardian for tectus and wrecked it.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    I thought every feral just went guardian for tectus and wrecked it.
    They fixed that. You could go bear and wreck for a week or two.