Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    People keep pointing out that the statues at the front gate shouldn't be there and I'm just sittin' here wondering if anyone will notice the harbor that we didn't get until Wrath.
    Last edited by Sarcon; 2015-07-10 at 01:58 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idk why people are getting butthurt about minor differences in the city, considering this is before it was sacked and burned at the end of Warcraft.

wow, you guys really need to go into this movie with an open mind. You're going to ruin it for yourselves over minor lore details. The statues are just cool, therefore they stayed. Picture them as pre-first war heroes.

Legendary is sure killing the hype with no trailer.
    Idiots.

Deleted
    Uhm.

This is the cinematic version of the Warcraft universe.
    This isn't the Warcraft universe.

Obviously, they're going to do things a little different, while at the same time both nodding at the Warcraft universe that we know, and the World of Warcraft game.

They didn't make an oops or a blooper. They know damn well what they are doing.
    End of story.

Them graphics tho... lol..

Deleted
    Has anyone managed to watch the file in the VR player software?
    I can watch it using VLC, but I can't watch it through the VR player. I can set the format and projection style, but neither option for "open file" results in the playing of the video.

That argument for the human racial is absurd. They didn't have any problem taking Fear Ward from Dwarves, or Devouring Plague from Undead. This is why they sound like ignorant asswipes, and no one takes them seriously anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    Are you happy that Flying is coming to Draenor should have "I don't care" sorta opinion, for people like me that can do with or without flying.
    If you don't care then you don't vote. The fact that I have to explain this to you means you probably need people to explain how to wipe your own ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    If you don't care then you don't vote. The fact that I have to explain this to you means you probably need people to explain how to wipe your own ass.
    It is funny you say that to him when he is correct that there should be a third option. If that option isn't there you do not get the actual data instead you get a skewed poll. That means this poll was purposely made to get skewed results. There are many people that are indifferent on it, and in my opinion that is valid and critical information to a poll like this that is based around a highly controversial thing this past expansion.

Can you recognize the statues from this height? I dont. Its possible it is a blunder by the creators, but maybe there were different statues before Stormwind was razed? Also people pointing out the harbor. Again i am sure the Stormwind before its destruction had a harbor.

it doesn't need to be a replica of stormwind in the game

if you look at what they made you immediately recognize it. that's what matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhall View Post
    Can you recognize the statues from this height? I dont. Its possible it is a blunder by the creators, but maybe there were different statues before Stormwind was razed? Also people pointing out the harbor. Again i am sure the Stormwind before its destruction had a harbor.
    There was a huge mountain range between Stormwind and the sea in Warcraft 1. They retcon stuff as they go along
    Even in Warcraft 2 the manual still showed it far inland (without the mountains inbetween)
    Last edited by mmoc4ab8181178; 2015-07-10 at 08:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenstew View Post
    It is funny you say that to him when he is correct that there should be a third option. If that option isn't there you do not get the actual data instead you get a skewed poll. That means this poll was purposely made to get skewed results. There are many people that are indifferent on it, and in my opinion that is valid and critical information to a poll like this that is based around a highly controversial thing this past expansion.
    Except - it really insnt. If you have to decide if "A" or "B" is right then you Need the opinion of the People that care. The People that do not care at all do not matter since you will neither loose their Sub nor create any negative effect on them with either decision. Everything you Can add on top of this Argument will 100% be just retoric for either opinion "A" or "B"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Make the entire world one big raid. Everyone huddles in cities until they can find 19 other adventurers to group with. Then they gradually trash pull their way through the zone

Luke Skywalker was an angry young male from the desert, who was indoctrinated by a religious fringe member, and joined a terror plot to blow up a major military installation. Luke is a 9/11 pilot...

Deleted
    Seems no1 comments on the video (is flying bad for mmos?), i think wow suffers from a lot more major things than being able to fly, like how they shipped away fun and social interaction for convenience

For the record, you recognize the Keep and the Cathedral immediately. They never made the game to scale for obvious reasons, otherwise in Vanilla we would have been running around for an hour trying to locate quest givers and turn-ins only to get lost. Everything in the game is to scale, so you have to look at a quest hub as being 100x further away than you would understand it in real life. Garrisons are technically a campground, whereas in real life they would be the size of an actual town. Use your imagination here and don't take things as they appear.

Someday they may make VR quality games where you spend days inside of townships trying to get places, but given that today's player isn't interested in anything beyond max level and BIS rewards, I highly doubt the genre will ever survive intact. Sad, because when they make it to where you can come home from work, slip on your glasses and really become someone else for several hours, the offspring of this generation of 'gamers' will cry that it took longer than a few seconds to get some reward.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    I think my VR was messed up. I kept staring at the gryphon's butt the whole time and had to swing the phone around behind me to see him from the front.
    Made me lol a bit
    The cool thing is, that on the PC you can actually move the camera around while you're watching the teaser. My BF randomly found out after the clip stopped and he was moving through clouds when he moved his mouse - we played it again, and sure enough you were able to turn the angle of the camera and look to the sides and up in the sky etc. I was fkn facinated to say the least but I've never watched anything in a sphere setting or anything like that. Looked great though. Just a bit sad that people are murdering the movie for themselves (and possibly others) by focusing on minor details about Lore... C'mon.. IT'S A WARCRAFT MOVIE! The community wanted this for a VERY long time, and now we're getting it. Just calm the f down...

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenstew View Post
    Make sure you wipe front to back, that's crucial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Also the version of Stormwind in WoW is nothing like Stormwind in the First War. Old Town is the only part of original Stormwind that survives.

But they've clearly made it look like the WoW version.

I'll just let that one go because I'm sure it won't even make the top 100 lore inaccuracies in the final movie.
    Yep. Makes no sense. You would've thought that they would've used this opportunity to take liberties with how Stormwind is laid out considering it was completely destroyed in the first war, but nope. They have statues of heroes from the second war and for some nonsensical reason the keep is next to the port instead of in the middle of old town. Also, those Alliance banners don't make sense. They have the dwarven, gnome, and elven elements when in the first war the Grand Alliance of Lordaeron was just an alliance of the seven human nations. The gnomes, dwarves, and high elves didn't join until the second war because the orcs hadn't reached their lands yet nor had the trolls joined the Horde yet.

Come on Blizz. Don't eff this up with WoW fan service that completely ignores continuity.

Deleted
    The Video is not working since yesterday.