Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you know of any place i can get some?
    Yanagawa. One of the best eels I ever had. (might be "a bit" far though)

Or wrapped in foil, then cooked in a chimney, quite common in winter in a few European countries.
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You pay $25 a pound for good beef? Holy crap. It's like $8-9 here (of course, I do live in Iowa).
    for good beef indeed. there is of course cheap meat in discounters that goes for perhaps 5€ per kg of even less.

but because germans don't want to pay for quality food all the good cuts are exported to france mostly i think. so the leftover good stuff is expensive.

Really fatty stuff but awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharde View Post
    good stuff is expensive.
    yeah quality stuff sadly is quite expensive around here these days. The cheap stuff from dunkeldeutschland is often enough pretty bad.

Smoked eel is great and you don't need to worry about poisoning. As the other guys have said above just cook it and enjoy it

Eat + Avocado rolls at any sushi place are delicious.

Less happy with the just straight eel sashimi, but it isn't bad, just not as good as it could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.