Deleted

Warlords of Dreanor ultra hd?

Hello,

I am looking for a gaming laptop wchich will allow me to play wow on ultra hd. I currently live in uk and have 500 pounds to spend for my pc. What do you think about this laptop?

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/80EC0...k_1736606.html

it has:

AMD FX-7500 Quad-Core Processor
    15.6" Full HD Screen
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    8GB SSD + 1000GB Hybrid HDD
    DVD Rewriter
    Dedicated AMD R7 M260 2GB Graphics
    USB3 | HDMI | Bluetooth

and i am wondering about this one:

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/X555L...H_1719005.html

Intel Core i7-5500U Dual Core Processor
    15.6" HD Screen
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    1000GB HDD
    DVD Rewriter
    Dedicated GeForce GT 820M Graphics
    USB3 | HDMI | Bluetooth

what to you think, wchich one is better and will it run wow wod ultra hd? other suggestions?? please help

will it run wow on ultra hd? or maybe do u have better ideas? thanks!
    Last edited by mmoc6017d7c635; 2015-07-09 at 08:48 AM.

Deleted
    I dont think a laptop is able to run WoW with acceptable FPS on UHD (were talking about 4k)

IF you want to run a 4k setup, you'd definitly need a 980TI-like GPU, wich costs alone more than your 500 pound limit.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talpez View Post
    I am looking for a gaming laptop wchich will allow me to play wow on ultra hd. I currently live in uk and have 500 pounds to spend for my pc.
    Not happening, not unless you enjoy your FPS in single figures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maenalis View Post
    I dont think a laptop is able to run WoW with acceptable FPS on UHD (were talking about 4k)
    He isn't talking about 4K, he said ultra HD not UHD, so he means 1080p with ultra settings.

will it run wow on ultra hd? or maybe do u have better ideas? thanks!
    2-3 fps with minimal settings yes. If you want it playable and look nice, add another £2000 to the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    He isn't talking about 4K, he said ultra HD not UHD, so he means 1080p with ultra settings.
    You sure? Well, either way the question is badly worded and shouldn't use established 4k marketing terms if he doesn't mean it. Ultra HD is the official marketing term for 4k (and 8k) TV's kinda like "Full HD" is for 1080i and "HD Ready" for 720p.
    Last edited by fixx; 2015-07-09 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    Okay even when he's talking about 1080p and ultra settings...

mh not gonna happen with 500 bucks.

Deleted
    Okay even when he's talking about 1080p and ultra settings...

mh not gonna happen with 500 bucks.
    I am talking about this:

http://i.imgur.com/NwItb.jpg

so its not enaugh laptop for 500 pounds? perhaps can u tell me on what graphics these 2 laptops could i play? medium/high perhaps?

Deleted
    not gonna happen with 500 bucks.
    bucks =/= pound

$ =/= £

1 British pound = 1.539005 U.S. dollars

You are welcome.

Deleted
    so its not enaugh laptop for 500 pounds, perhaps can u tell me on what graphics these 2 laptops could i play? medium/high perhaps? what do you think?

Deleted
    It depends what you mean by playing at ultra. If you mean questing sure. If you mean raiding forget it, you won't get that power from laptop. (cpu wise, gpu doesn't matter as much)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blowmysword View Post
    bucks =/= pound

$ =/= £

You are welcome.
    thanks for the explanation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    It depends what you mean by playing at ultra. If you mean questing sure. If you mean raiding forget it, you won't get that power from laptop. (cpu wise, gpu doesn't matter as much)
    i mean riding - with lenovo or asus i will maybe have high or medium graphic?

Medium. Maybe. Both graphics cards are pretty crappy.

Take a look at this list.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

A PS4 is about 4000 points. An Xbox One closer to 2700. Neither of your laptops even make the bottom of that list. A card with M in the name is probably a laptop graphics card. Feel free to look up how much they are. If you game on a laptop, you either spend big (at least £1000), or you'll get crap. And even then, there's no way of upgrading them. I got a laptop in early TBC. £1200. By the end of Wrath, the framerates and settings were pretty shocking. The 25 man Lich King fight was a slideshow.

Think long and hard before going the laptop route. It's expensive.

Deleted
    i mean riding - with lenovo or asus i will maybe have high or medium graphic?
    lenovo is out of question cause of amd cpu. The asus is alot better but still nothing close to be able to keep those fps drops. Let me say it otherwise. In a desktop you would want an i5 4690k clocked above 4Ghz, in the 4.2-4.4area, or an i7 4790k. So as i said you won't see those numbers. Obviously if you play at medium setting things will be better fps wise but i can't tell you how much better it will be. Trying to raid ultra on a laptop doesn't seem feasible to me, unless there is a very high end (and vert expensive) laptop out there i haven't seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Trying to raid ultra on a laptop doesn't seem feasible to me, unless there is a very high end (and vert expensive) laptop out there i haven't seen.
    Probably possible with something like this:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/origin-pc-eon...tebook-review/
    Of course, for this price one could build 3 desktops each easily doing the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    I am playing on Ultra Settings on a 2-year old Alienware A14. The screen is small - I do get 50 fps however. Bear in mind I spend £2000 on the laptop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am talking about this:

http://i.imgur.com/NwItb.jpg

so its not enaugh laptop for 500 pounds? perhaps can u tell me on what graphics these 2 laptops could i play? medium/high perhaps?
    How did you manage to dig up that old relic of a picture? I uploaded that 4 years ago, and I have a feeling it was old even then!
    Additionally, that screenshot is from a PC with an i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz + 8GB RAM + 560Ti (also overclocked, although I don't remember what i managed to get it to back then) + 1GB up/down fibre, not a £500 laptop. When I originally built that machine for Uni it cost me in the region of £1,500 - £2,000.

Graphics in WoW have come a long way since then and I doubt you would be able to achieve those settings anymore.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2015-07-09 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blowmysword View Post
    bucks =/= pound

$ =/= £

You are welcome.
    With all taxes included, in computer parts 1 USD ~ 1 GBP ~ 1 Euro

Deleted
    I paid about 1300£ for a laptop not long ago, it can run WoW on ultra settings(1920*1080), at least where I've been playing with it, but I haven't tried raiding with it.

Deleted
    Yeah what May90 linked would definately cut it, the price probably doesn't
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2015-07-09 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    I paid about 1300£ for a laptop not long ago, it can run WoW on ultra settings(1920*1080), at least where I've been playing with it, but I haven't tried raiding with it.
    Thing is, a toaster can run it on ultra 1080p.
    Raiding however is a whole different story.