Glyhed Vamp. Embrace on Gorefiend = Tranquility

I've been using Vampiric Embrace pretty passively, hitting it when the raid looks low, etc. Tonight I decided to try timing it with Feast of Souls on Gorefiend (playing as Auspicious Spirits) and..holy crap!

Our resto druid got three uses of tranq over the course of the fight, averaging about 1.7 million healing per cast.

I used VE twice over the fight (I know, I'm bad, I didn't use it for the 3rd feast) and averaged....1.9 million healing.

1.7 million/8 seconds = 212.5k healing per second vs 1.9 million/10 seconds (glyphed) = 190k healing per second...so Vampiric Embrace is literally almost as powerful as the strongest(?) healing cooldown in the game on this fight.

I don't know if this is a widely known fact (and I was also using Power Infusion and timing it with VE, so that might skew its power) and I am just late to the party, but either way I figured it would be worth letting my fellow shadow priests know. It's finally time for VE to shine again! I'm going to start timing VE as a proper healing CD rather than a complimentary one on this fight.

Oh yeah. My guild planned Vampiric Embrace from our 2 Shadow priests and Nature's Vigil from our Boomkin as part of our healing rotation during Feast of Souls. On most fights we assign vamp embrace to assist a healing tide totem, etc. as a cluster of healing cooldowns to counter raid damage...on Gorefiend it's "Tranq first, then healing tide, then vampiric embrace, then revival, then..."

We have real OP healing again :') Let's hope Blizz doesn't take it away.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4&type=healing
    Recount showed me doing 22k HPS (total by the end) and the other spriest very close behind. WCL shows us just under 20k. Still strong. Look at that 7.32M healing from Vamp Embrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Regia View Post
    Oh yeah. My guild planned Vampiric Embrace from our 2 Shadow priests and Nature's Vigil from our Boomkin as part of our healing rotation during Feast of Souls. On most fights we assign vamp embrace to assist a healing tide totem, etc. as a cluster of healing cooldowns to counter raid damage...on Gorefiend it's "Tranq first, then healing tide, then vampiric embrace, then revival, then..."

Recount showed me doing 22k HPS (total by the end) and the other spriest very close behind. WCL shows us just under 20k. Still strong. Look at that 7.32M healing from Vamp Embrace.
    Yeah - if you add your hps to the chart you can see you were outhealing the actual healers at a few points. It's pretty badass.

Yeah I was spiking to over 200k hps for those 10 seconds of vamp embrace on Gorefiend as well. It's an absurdly strong raid cooldown if you time it with a period of uninterrupted dps with 5 orbs banked, dots already applied, etc.

Deleted
    Yeah Vampiric Embrace can be an insanely strong raid CD. A lot of raid leaders/healing officers underestimate it.

Mythic maidens with a not-so-good Disc Priest it's insane if you pop it at 20%. You'll have BL, pot and execute range, while the entire raid takes a lot of damage.

It's undoubtedly strong, but if VE is even coming close to outhealing tranquility, your druids are doing something horribly wrong and popping tranq at the worst possible times.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I didn't even glyph it and I spiked at 200k hps (with a pot). I did 9.5 million healing over the 3 feasts.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's undoubtedly strong, but if VE is even coming close to outhealing tranquility, your druids are doing something horribly wrong and popping tranq at the worst possible times.
    Without PI or potion, VE heals more than HTT. Pot + PI + Glyphed VE + well timed CoP cycle could easily outheal tranq.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our shadow priest used VE twice during the Jubei'thos splits on council for retarded amounts.
    http://puu.sh/iT2aE/59a7b4b120.png

Good to see shadow has some utility left.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Without PI or potion, VE heals more than HTT. Pot + PI + Glyphed VE + well timed CoP cycle could easily outheal tranq.
    ^ definitely. Pospos is probably neglecting the +100% damage modifier during that phase of Gorefiend.

Deleted
    VEmbrace is the most powerful non-healer support cooldown in the game aside from bloodlust and stampeding roar (and previously fox) when given the right circumstances. When used correctly, it can actually secure a kill and bring the raid back when your healers are falling behind. The only issue with the ability is that its context dependent, low dmg = low healing.

I've healed as much as 4million on a single VE without any passive damage buff present. Raid leaders need to learn how to use this because even in mediocre situations, its still worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Perhaps a 70%+ overheal tranq.

Tranq simply heals that much more than HTT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    ^ definitely. Pospos is probably neglecting the +100% damage modifier during that phase of Gorefiend.
    The context discussing VE was more than just a fringe encounter. I do not believe that spriests only use VE when there is a damage modifier present to cheese numbers on.

Take this for example:
    Quote Originally Posted by Regia View Post

The resto druid in this log not only had a really high overheal ratio, but didn't even come close to utilizing HotW properly. Across a 9 minute encounter, he only cast HotW once and it wasn't even for a single tranq cast. Not even going to elaborate on how HTT outhealed Tranq when we all know Tranq is so much stronger.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2015-07-10 at 04:12 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

The Mark of Supreme Doom off Kazzak has been buffed to have 75% more Leech (now 7% total) and be usable by any class. Let's all pause to imagine how much healing a Shadow Priest popping Power Infusion, a potion, and burning multiple Devouring Plagues, and 7% leech on damage and healing would do.

7% of all your healing, mirrored back on to yourself.

Is it possible to heal yourself to death?

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    The Mark of Supreme Doom off Kazzak has been buffed to have 75% more Leech (now 7% total) and be usable by any class. Let's all pause to imagine how much healing a Shadow Priest popping Power Infusion, a potion, and burning multiple Devouring Plagues, and 7% leech on damage and healing would do.

7% of all your healing, mirrored back on to yourself.

Is it possible to heal yourself to death?
    Heal yourself so hard you turn into a holy priest mid-encounter.

The context discussing VE was more than just a fringe encounter. I do not believe that spriests only use VE when there is a damage modifier present to cheese numbers on.
    The title makes it pretty damn clear that it's gorefiend. As in "Holy crap an awesome side effect of that damage buff is VE is very strong! Yay for shadow priests on this encounter!"

Christ, you must be fun at parties.

The resto druid in this log not only had a really high overheal ratio, but didn't even come close to utilizing HotW properly. Across a 9 minute encounter, he only cast HotW once and it wasn't even for a single tranq cast. Not even going to elaborate on how HTT outhealed Tranq when we all know Tranq is so much stronger.
    According to my log, I actually had a higher overheal ratio on my vampiric embrace than our druid had on her tranquility. This thread is specifically about the strength of VE during Gorefiend's feast of souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    The title makes it pretty damn clear that it's gorefiend. As in "Holy crap an awesome side effect of that damage buff is VE is very strong! Yay for shadow priests on this encounter!"

I normally just lurk here and I, still, audibly sigh everytime I see his name besides a comment. The negativity oozing from this shell of a human being would be enough to bring even the most fun parties down I'd imagine...

On topic. VE is really great. Love watching my entire screen go green and raidframes just filling up! Works extremely well with dmg modifiers as OP pointed out
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I don't see you getting on the nuts on everyone else who weren't talking about Gorefiend. Maybe if you choose to lambaste someone for something you could at least be consistent across the board? Or perhaps, you are just a hypocrite and can't accept any valid argument that goes against some misguided narrative/crusade of yours - as is evident from most of your posts on MMOC forums with no real substance after subtracting the petty tirades you have for the sake of some pointless and worthless moral code.

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Yeah Vampiric Embrace can be an insanely strong raid CD. A lot of raid leaders/healing officers underestimate it.

Mythic maidens with a not-so-good Disc Priest it's insane if you pop it at 20%. You'll have BL, pot and execute range, while the entire raid takes a lot of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    VEmbrace is the most powerful non-healer support cooldown in the game aside from bloodlust and stampeding roar (and previously fox) when given the right circumstances. When used correctly, it can actually secure a kill and bring the raid back when your healers are falling behind. The only issue with the ability is that its context dependent, low dmg = low healing.

I've healed as much as 4million on a single VE without any passive damage buff present. Raid leaders need to learn how to use this because even in mediocre situations, its still worth using.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfx View Post
    Our shadow priest used VE twice during the Jubei'thos splits on council for retarded amounts.
    http://puu.sh/iT2aE/59a7b4b120.png

Good to see shadow has some utility left.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinxz View Post
    I normally just lurk here and I, still, audibly sigh everytime I see his name besides a comment. The negativity oozing from this shell of a human being would be enough to bring even the most fun parties down I'd imagine...
    Nowadays, when edgy bandwagon-ers pull out the "negativity" card, it really just means they want their little circlejerk echo-chambering the same few flawed concepts and comparisons to go uninterrupted by fact and actual intelligent thought and calculations.

I know it's quite difficult for some people to understand that putting effort to getting math right in a math thread is not "negativity", so I guess I shouldn't burst their little bubble even though I am right as nearly always.

P.S.

You can really look this shit up yourself you know. Since you want spoonfeeding https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ty=4&boss=1785
    How can you even be so stupid as to ask this? You outgear the damn things. Ever considered theres people in circumstances that differ from yours?

Infracted

Aka Pot calling the kettle black. Hypocrisy at its finest.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2015-07-11 at 01:29 AM.

I don't see you getting on the nuts on everyone else who weren't talking about Gorefiend. Maybe if you choose to lambaste someone for something you could at least be consistent across the board? Or perhaps, you are just a hypocrite and can't accept any valid argument that goes against some misguided narrative/crusade of yours - as is evident from most of your posts on MMOC forums with no real substance after subtracting the petty tirades you have for the sake of some pointless and worthless moral code.

Nowadays, when edgy bandwagon-ers pull out the "negativity" card, it really just means they want their little circlejerk echo-chambering the same few flawed concepts and comparisons to go uninterrupted by fact and actual intelligent thought and calculations.

I know it's quite difficult for some people to understand that putting effort to getting math right in a math thread is not "negativity", so I guess I shouldn't burst their little bubble even though I am right as nearly always.

P.S.

Aka Pot calling the kettle black. Hypocrisy at its finest.
    HOLY CRAP calm down. I made this thread to share a situation in which VE is really strong, potentially stronger than actual healing CDs, which prompted more discussion about where it is strong. You posted here to...prove that original point wrong, despite the fact that there is plenty of evidence supporting it...and then when people told you that you were wrong, you started digging through post histories to attack people.

Stop derailing. Thanks.

/thread please. Before it comes back.