Thread: How to Pull

How to Pull

One day I will make a guide but today I am asking how all you hunters pull in dungeons and raids. I swear barrage has a weird erratic range for me and will shoot the closest hostiles, and then shoot the ones waaaaaaaay behind it. And sometimes, my pet just kind of wanders off and bites someone. I always have to make sure to press PetButton2 to make sure it's following. Also my hunter seems to attack as soon as I switch targets, even though I have auto-attack off?

My apologies if it's really obvious, but I've learned to just stay way behind the group to prevent my pet from going out of control and whatnot.

LOL! We all know Pets derp.. the AI isn't the greatest...
    Also - I've had Barrage pull mobs from behind walls (well it was shooting them through the wall) - which is another ridiculous thing Barrage does... I just don't think Blizz gives a ****! Just work around it...

Are you using right mouse button to select?

Deleted
    With barrage it's often best to walk a few steps ahead of the tank (after the pull has already been made) and fire back along the path you came from.

Deleted
    When you barrage in an instance group like a dungeon, you often have to position yourself facing opposite the group like so:

Just make sure you dont bodypull anything instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Devolved View Post
    Are you using right mouse button to select?
    Most of the time, I'm using tab and shift tab, and G (last hostile). I only use mouse when the enemy is either far away or I know I can't tab them.

- - - Updated - - -

With barrage it's often best to walk a few steps ahead of the tank (after the pull has already been made) and fire back along the path you came from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    When you barrage in an instance group like a dungeon, you often have to position yourself facing opposite the group like so:

[img]i.imgur.com/qWx13I3.png[/img]

Just make sure you dont bodypull anything instead.

Oh huh, alright. I'll definitely try that technique. Barrage shouldn't be hitting behind you I hope :P
    Thanks for the tip.

Barrage hits anything in a cone 40 yards in front of you. If you're in melee, and facing unpulled mobs 35 yards away...it'll pull them. It's how the spell works.

Either be near max range, or face back at the group like the poster above suggested.

Stand way back with barrage, or in front of the mobs and point back.

Anyone else remember the bug where if your target died while you were casting Steady Shot, you would automatically find a new target? The number of accidental pulls when that went on...

10+ Year Old Account
    Just in case misdirect the tank when you cast barrage at least then if you pull too much aggro they get it and if they die FD and /dance while they run back.*

*or you could be nice and mass rez them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Barrage hits anything in a cone 40 yards in front of you. If you're in melee, and facing unpulled mobs 35 yards away...it'll pull them. It's how the spell works.

Either be near max range, or face back at the group like the poster above suggested.
    that feel when u stand 40 yrds away then sniper training kicks in

when I ceebs running behind the pack like a melee I just stand at ~max range to the mob around the middle back of the pack whilst sniper training is up. U can do a lot just from moving where ur character is facing as well (without moving you actual position).

Deleted
    I too have auto attack off, tab targets and sometimes pulling a big un. Might be lag or something. But yeah barage is a bugger for pulling even when i think im LoS other mobs. always misdirect first and them put my back to the other mobs.
    Saying that, if a tank and healer can't handle a few dungeon/raid mobs (being a pvper myself) thats their problem, like tanks complaining about pet growl

10+ Year Old Account
    Mew's diagram is basically how I do it. A couple of steps past (Possibly disengage over to make it faster), spin, barrage.

If you can't do that for whatever reason (Packs are too close together, like in Grimrail Depot on the train itself), step backwards to max range before using barrage. And MD to the tank, just in case. And have binding shot ready, also just in case...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Disclaimer: *Soon* is a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment. *Soon* may not actually occur soon. *Soon* will occur sometime between right now and the heat death of the universe...probably... We COULD make *Soon* occur sooner, but it would cost you a raid tier.