Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Free sex change for 15 year olds in Oregon and you don't even need concent!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...ge-operations/

The list of things 15-year-olds are not legally allowed to do in Oregon is long: Drive, smoke, donate blood, get a tattoo -- even go to a tanning bed.

But, under a first-in-the-nation policy quietly enacted in January that many parents are only now finding out about, 15-year-olds are now allowed to get a sex-change operation. Many residents are stunned to learn they can do it without parental notification -- and the state will even pay for it through its Medicaid program, the Oregon Health Plan.
    The lunatics are running the asylum.

American healthcare is so bad it's the laughing stock of the civilized world, but sex-change operations for 15y olds are covered?

Never change, murica.
    Last edited by Fibh; 2015-07-09 at 08:03 PM.

The only part I don't agree with here is parental consent.

Parents should need to consent to any and all types of medical procedures. While I understand why they may not want to have parents consent, they should get it.

Some parents, most notably religious parents, would not consent to something like this under any circumstance. Regardless of the age of their child. However those instances should be handled on a case by case basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Relevant and conveniently left out of your OP but in the article:
    In a statement, Oregon Health Authority spokeswoman Susan Wickstrom explained it this way: "Age of medical consent varies by state. Oregon law -- which applies to both Medicaid and non-Medicaid Oregonians -- states that the age of medical consent is 15."
    That being said -- I'm not quite on board with this. This is not a small or risk free surgery. Given the craziness of those years and hormonal issues making thinking not always rational -- this seems like it might be troublesome, especially at 15 or 16.

10+ Year Old Account
    They shouldn't need parental consent, but parents should be informed and the child should (if they aren't already) have very in-depth psychological examinations. Let the parents know, let the parents talk to their child about it, but it's not the parents' decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No way should children be able to have it done without consent.
    Read my quote -- for some reason the consent for all medical procedures in the state is 15. Not quite sure why.

I don't agree with the state using people's money so Carlos can call himself Karla...this transformer nonsense needs to stop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, mods say nothing related to sex can be posted here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't agree with that kind of surgery until a person is 18 or older. No way should children be able to have it done without consent.
    I agree, this seems pretty crazy to me.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    The age of medical consent is 15 in Oregon, so I have no problem with it.

I do however think the age of medical consent is too low, it should be 18, but as long as it's 15 it should include sex-change surgery as well.
    Last edited by zephid; 2015-07-09 at 08:10 PM.

While i won't begin to even start to comprehend transgendered people. I'm sure this type of thing is definately best left till a person is done developing (18-25 or whatever)

Lol you rarely hear some stupid shit like this in civilized world.. murica thx for making real life comedy for the world

I just really wanna know...why our tax payers being made to pay for the mutilation of children...

Oregon had assisted suicide way before anyone else did.

I don't know, can't they at least wait until they're voting age?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    They really shouldn't need consent, but they should be required to inform their parents.

Of course, it's not like a hidden abortion, you come home looking like a member of the opposite sex, your parents are probably going to notice right away. Plus sex changes require months, if not years of therapy and treatments, so it's not something that is easily kept in the closet once you start doing it.

I understand why they start young for sex changes, to keep the patient from developing substantial secondary sex characteristics.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    As long as it has a extensive therapy assessment beforehand I see no issue

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    They shouldn't need parental consent, but parents should be informed and the child should (if they aren't already) have very in-depth psychological examinations. Let the parents know, let the parents talk to their child about it, but it's not the parents' decision.
    Agreed with this; if the parents are the "THIS IS SIN" religious nutbags though, then their entire opinions (or consent, I guess) should be thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by MicahYoreha View Post
    Sorry, mods say nothing related to sex can be posted here.
    Gender and Sexuality are two different things. A mod has already posted in here and the thread isn't closed. Don't derail.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

It is fantastic. Go Oregon!

I don't necessarily have a problem with not requiring parental consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedomoazul View Post
    I don't agree with the state using people's money so Carlos can call himself Karla...this transformer nonsense needs to stop.
    ^ This attitude is why. If you're somebody who would benefit psychologically from gender reassignment surgery and have a parent like this, I have no problem whatsoever with the government saying "we don't care if your parent is one of those."

At the same time, 15 is awfully young. It should, at the very least, require a few months talking to a therapist who signs off in the parents' stead for a minor to undergo it that young.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

This will bring many nerds closer to pussy they ever had the chance!
    For some weird reason nerd chicks never have problems to get penis though and that is very unfair.

Would be cool if you could change sex for a year or two, and redo your old penis back.

In all seriousness though, how in EARTH can 15 be the age limit? you're child even in your 20's...
    What if there's god after all and he has power word called "lol", but when god says lol, an asteroid wipes the earth out.
    I even wouldn't be surprised anymore.