Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Do you think Heroes is dying?

Hi Guys!

Hammerbeard here again, and if you may not know I am the eSports Coordinator here at Gigabyte. I love to post on this forum from time to time to have an open channel to the community here.

Now the question, I have seen on other forums and from people in game that Heroes of the Storm is dying or at least will die soon.

I of course do not believe this, but maybe I am biased because I love this game too much. But I can see why people may think so. I would partially attribute it to the slow patches and balance updates. Do you think that if balance patches and new content (heroes or maps) came out more often people would not be so cynical about the game's future? Or do you have other theories as to why people seem to think that the game is dying?

Thanks as always <3
    Hammerbeard

P.S. I recently hit rank 2 in hero league : D I have been solo queuing and I am very tired of not having a group to play with consistently. If there are any others who are looking for another HL guy to que up with send me a PM! I would love to get some games in with a good group, also I can fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are humans dying?
    Is earth dying?

Everything upon creation will proceed to slowly die, it is a natural way of things.
    Slow patches? The game came out when? in June and there's already been added a few heroes a new map, new heroes in planning, a new map in planning for the diablo event and so on and so on.
    They could probably release a patch every day but then people would continue to whine about how unbalanced things are.

Here is a new flash for you. You can NEVER make things 100 % balanced.

Heroes is dying and Overwatch is already dead! It's been future-killed because of slow updates! The updates are so slow that we living in the past have yet to receive them!

FF19, the newest Final Fantasy MMO is already dead! Nobody is playing it, it's already deeeeeaaaad! Just like Batman's parents.

Lol, that game is like... 1 month old? It even got some new patches which were really good.

It's growing and still going strong, I hope it'll be on par with Dota2 and LoL. I enjoy it much better than LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Lol, that game is like... 1 month old? It even got some new patches which were really good.

It's growing and still going strong, I hope it'll be on par with Dota2 and LoL. I enjoy it much better than LoL.
    Lol, yes I totally agree with you. I am also super happy with all the love and care that Blizz has put into the game. But I have seen sooo much cynicism towards the games future, but I guess that is nothing out of the ordinary with some gamers right?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not dying. People saying that it's dying have no clue what the word even means. Heck, the game launched a month ago, so at least save the doom and gloom for something important, like an alien invasion, or the economic downfall of the world, or anything of actual significance.

The game just started, it's hardly alive to begin with so how can it be dying already?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Aren't we all dying?
    Actually, yes we are. Slowly but surely your body is getting older and eventually this slow process will cause that you die.... its called living (or dying slowly, whatever you prefer).

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

For me it's been little over a year old, but naw I think it's fine.

It won't ever be on LoL, let alone Dota2's I think, but it'll prolly be third goto, before smite
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

What kind of question is that? It's growing quite visibly!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if people are prone to overdramatisation or what, but this is a frankly ridiculous question.

The game is not dying. It is seeing increasing amounts of players which is, in fact, the opposite of dying. It is a brand new, growing game. The suggestion is absurd.

The game will probably never match League in terms of popularity. It might not ever be seen as a successful esport. It might even see a decline in players. None of these things, even the latter necessarily, are indicative of the game "dying."

We can talk about the game dying when it actually has petered out enough that there aren't enough players to have reasonable game queues or sustain any kind of ranked play. But before then, any talk of this is ridiculously premature.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I see we waited a whole month after release to declare the game "dying". That's just sloppy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

game is growing bigtime, release is putting it on the stage... even people who played in early alpha are coming back and wondering why they left in the first place... people are invested in other things and beta's scare them.. now its out and its pumping mad

Game is not dying but could use an influx of Korean pros in the eSport scene.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Dying? Hell no. But it's not overly too successful either. I honestly thought that the hype alone will take this game much further. For me Reddit is meaningless - sorry. As for Twitch - it is kinda indicative for hype/popularity, but it's "accuracy" is very low as I can name quite a few games that have few times more active players than some of the top Twitch watched titles and yet have very low representation at Twitch.

I would say that even current Hots Twitch numbers are artificially inflated (just over 3k viewers) as many of the streamers are adding Hots to their streaming "rooster" to test the waters. So "true" numbers should be revealed to us in a month or so.

It seems also (this is my personal observation - might not be true) that the game has some troubles in EU esport scene. I noticed that many of the pro teams/organisations are quite hesitant about their Hots divisions. A "not sure if want" meme would fit perfectly here.

Deleted
    I thought that show was cancelled years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    What kind of question is that? It's growing quite visibly!
    That was certainly my impression. I don't play HotS because I don't play MOBAs, but it seems to be doing really well from the metrics I'm viewing.

I'd be interested to see where the OP is getting this from.

No?! What a ridiculous thing to say!
    It only just came out!
    The patches aren't even slow, they meet or exceed the industry standard and are certainly swinging out faster than dota's.

the fact why hots is already dead, is that its a money making casual game. as everything blizz do these days. will it have a broad audience ? for sure. will it have its hype time ? for sure. will it be taken serious and last long ? hell, surely not. same goes for overwatch. blizzard is just a mass market company with the only goal to maximize profit. the times of the high quality gaming company, blizz was years ago, are over. so yes, i think hots will die a fast death. spike up and hype a year and fall down with the same speed to a small crowd. as nearly every second bs standard game out there. welcome to the future of gaming...