Page 1 of 2
LastLast

H1Z1 / Planetside 2 down due to Lizzard Squard

Daybreak that runs H1Z1 and Planetside 2 is getting hit by Lizzard Squard

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/619255048841760768

seems they also has been targeting the CEO for some time, including so-called swatting and getting his plane taken down due to bomb threats.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...jztr?context=3

and here are we just wanting to play a game for a few hours ......

I'm genuinely surprised these bastards haven't been found by the law at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised these bastards haven't been found by the law at this point.

seems one of them was in Finland he was charged with like 50.000 offences and got 2 years on probation ..... gonna go look for the info

Edit: this one ?

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-33442419

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are we still giving these script kiddies attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    seems one of them was in Finland he was charged with like 50.000 offences and got 2 years on probation ..... gonna go look for the info

Edit: this one ?

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-33442419
    Apparently convicted of, not just charged. And Smed is fucking pissed. Thankfully the moron hasn't faced the charges related to the bomb threat or taking down PSN/XBL yet, but he's already acting like a fuckwit on Twitter.

Hoping the games are back up because I want to play PS2 tonight, but if not oh well. I'll jump on TSW, nobody will ever bother DDOSing that : P

yeah both eqs are borked, damn those guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cops can't find two fugitives with 1200 men, within 3 miles of where they broke out of prison.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Cops can't find two fugitives with 1200 men, within 3 miles of where they broke out of prison.
    Script kiddies wouldn't be that hard to find though if companies hired good hackers and had them hand over information to the authorities. Unfortunately most skimp on it and the FBI and CIA isn't going to devote their best men to finding some kids who DDOS video game servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Are we still giving these script kiddies attention?
    Well, if they shut down the servers you're trying to play your favorite game on, then I'm guessing they've got your attention. Other than that, I'm sure nobody cares.

And I just bought H1Z1.. Well I hope all those script-kiddies die a slow and agonizing death.. I am not even joking, it pisses me off to no end that someone takes joy in depriving others of their enjoyment.

I don't often get violent, but I'm beginning to think we'd be better off if those people were just put up against the wall at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    SCRIPT KIDDIES
    Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Deleted
    The term "script kiddie" is being thrown around way too much people who never even were in IRC back in it's hayday, which is exactly where the term originated. The "kiddies" today don't even know what scripts are.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, the PS2 servers shitting themselves is pretty run of the mill...

I'm just wondering what their reason for DDOSing is.

I'm willing to be that I'm not going to accept their answer though.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    I'm just wondering what their reason for DDOSing is.

I'm willing to be that I'm not going to accept their answer though.
    Smedley said he was going to pursue legal action against those who made bomb threats about his plane, ruining his credit and opening cards and stuff in his name etc.

- - - Updated - - -

From Le Reddit:

I normally don't weigh in on subjects relating to me personally, but I will this time.
    I'm extremely angry that the Finnish justice system chose to let Julius Kivimaki off with a 2 year suspended sentence. This guy is the worst kind of bad news.
    He's been involved for years in every kind of terrible thing you can imagine including Carding, hacking, swatting people all over the world. He's also participated in a major way in DDOS attacks that caused a lot of grief for gamers and a lot of economic damage to the companies that make and run games.
    He was the guy that brought down my flight with a bomb threat. I've heard the entire recording where he convinced an airline customer service agent there was a bomb on the plane. He also in conjunction with others has sent me pictures of my father's grave with nasty stuff on it. I've had my entire credit history put out on the internet including my SSN and my families info. We've had multiple social networks and other things hacked and had my family members called.
    I've also been swatted (multiple times) and had over 50 false credit applications submitted in my name and had to deal with the ramifications of what happens to your credit when this kind of thing happens. It's not good. And to top it all off they decided to submit false tax returns.
    So to put this bluntly - I want this kind in jail for a long time. You shouldn't be able to do crap like this without any hint of a consequence. I plan on doing everything in my power to see him get what's coming to him in court one way or another. What he just got convicted of were over 50,000 separate incidents of hacking and other nastiness. This has nothing to do with the downing of the plane or the DDOS stuff he did or the things he did to me (not just me btw he did this to a lot of other people too). Those cases are still pending, but they have him dead to rights.
    So you guys can debate this.. and that's all well and good, but meanwhile this shit is real to my life and my family's life and I'm sure as hell not lying down for it for a second. I've been working with law enforcement to put him and others into jail where they belong. Some of them are minors which makes it tough. Most of them are outside the US, which makes it tougher. But I'm patient and I'm going to be relentless about this.
    Smed

Pretty pissed atm all the daybreak games have been down since yesterday and they have a contest going on in landmark for takish buildings that ends on the 17th hope they extend the deadline because of this.

Torn on this one. On one hand, dicks are fucking with people's free time. On the other hand, it's Daybreak...and I don't care.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    To be fair, the PS2 servers shitting themselves is pretty run of the mill...
    Sadly this. Play on the EU servers and still regularly have my ping spike between 60-200, despite having 20 ms everywhere else. The PS2 servers have always been, and will always be at this point, shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really smart from Smedely to just openly try to provoke them and give them more ammo to do something to his company.

Really, i'm hoping he's an adult and launching threats on the internet is really a childish thing to do, not to mention a strategic failure if you want to go after a person you don't bring out all the bells and whistles and shout as loud as possible 'im coming for you!'

So it appears besides making failures on a company level, he also continues that on a personal life. Well at least he's consistent.