Poll: When will flying come live

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    They already stated in interviews that we should see it within weeks, not months.
    ^This, they've said multiple times in interviews we should be thinking in terms of weeks.

THOUGH they also said it should shortly be up on the PTR, and that hasn't happened yet to my knowledge so.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Yeah, come the beginning of august if it's not on the PTR yet, I'm quitting again until it is. I didn't go back on a recurring multi-month subscription when they promised to allow flying just in case they pulled a bait and switch. And it looks like they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    After LFR has killed Archimonde.

Also, once they've gathered up enough bug fixes and changes they need a client side patch to implement.

It'll be very shortly I predict, I almost feel bad for the rep grinders in Tanaan that haven't started yet, as I'll be flying over them with my 150,000 apexis mount as they're stuck on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    By the end of the year. Guessing early December. Anything sooner would pretty much ruin the new zone.
    The zone was ruined before it ever hit live lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solarnova View Post
    It'll be very shortly I predict, I almost feel bad for the rep grinders in Tanaan that haven't started yet, as I'll be flying over them with my 150,000 apexis mount as they're stuck on the ground.
    You need those reps to be flying, hope you've done that or you won't be flying anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    The zone was ruined before it ever hit live lol.

- - - Updated - - -

You need those reps to be flying, hope you've done that or you won't be flying anywhere.
    Dang rights, my Diplomat is ready.

I hope never so I can watch more tears flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    ^This, they've said multiple times in interviews we should be thinking in terms of weeks.

THOUGH they also said it should shortly be up on the PTR, and that hasn't happened yet to my knowledge so.
    But it is like three weeks? Since 2.0 launched and still no sign of ptr anywhere, I strongly suspect dragging out as long as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

They will time it with a competing MMO release like the Guild Wars 2 expac, because Blizzard are smart

Not that smart, because they will have lost several months of my subscription. And maybe I won't come back at all, since it sounds like Tanaan and HFC is it for a year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    After LFR has killed Archimonde.

Also, once they've gathered up enough bug fixes and changes they need a client side patch to implement.
    LFR Archimonde unlocks on August 11th, so that would be a good month away still.

Deleted
    In some months. And a month later they will add the real money option.

If it's not up on the PTR this coming Tuesday (the 14) then Blizzard is seriously fucked, in more ways than we already know it's seriously fucked.

Deleted
    I'm already exalted with all the new zone factions, killed all the rares, obtained all the mounts from bosses and i've just been running the dailies. The new zone is now nothing but a apexi grind for the fel mount. Once thats done I have no use for that zone except once a week to kill kazzak for a chance at some loot. I know a lot of people are in the same boat. Implementing flying in the next few weeks wouldnt have much of an impact on anything anymore.

Already Exalted with Tanaan reps, already collected all the treasures, killed all the rares got all that I can really get out of Taanan except for the weeklies.

The only Taanan stuff left is stuff I can't get - such as the boss mounts, or that exalted rare - no idea how to make RNG work for those.

Flying is just a way of making alts interesting again, loved doing the stuff once without flying - but twice or more, no thanks.

Flying would really speed up this daily grind for unlocking flying

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    Flying would really speed up this daily grind for unlocking flying
    It only takes around 10 days as it is.... no need to be any faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    If it's not up on the PTR this coming Tuesday (the 14) then Blizzard is seriously fucked, in more ways than we already know it's seriously fucked.
    If it isn't up on the PTR by the 14th I am done I am sick of getting jerked around by Blizzard.

Blizzcon hypes one expac WoD delivers a shadow of it., telling us we got two large patches in WoD (yeah 6.1 was a large joke),6.2 being the last patch, and the whole way flight was handed ..
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by vezzinjo1 View Post
    flying was already implement in TBC
    ....that has nothing to do with it.

The issue here is that, like Vanilla WoW, WoD wasn't designed with flying in mind. There are a lot of areas with invisible walls, terrain missing, "solid" areas that you would just fly through, etc. They have to find each one of those and patch it up, so it's going to take a bit that's why they said it would be out in 6.2.x meaning they didn't know which build it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by militaryspartan View Post
    ....that has nothing to do with it.

The issue here is that, like Vanilla WoW, WoD wasn't designed with flying in mind. There are a lot of areas with invisible walls, terrain missing,
    Actually - it is nothing like that. There are just a few minor glitches, much of WoD was designed before they decided against flying mounts.

Anyone with one of a million different toys, gadgets can already fly for short jaunts above Draenor.