On the T17 4-piece bubble? What to do...

So last night I was given my 2P T18 H and one ended up WF. I also have random 710 Ilvl items for various non tier slots. SOOOO I am in a dilemma right now to decide whether or not to take the higher Ilvl T18 or stick with the 4P. The kicker is my T17 items are heroic in one slot so the Ilvl jump from 685-710 is a lot.

Here is a AMR link to my current setup. Raid buffed im now haste capped at 18% with 30% crit, so i would probably use mastery food... What should i do? Would you use the T18 or stick with the T17?

https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/playe...39;ganis/roidz

Quote Originally Posted by Roidz View Post
    So last night I was given my 2P T18 H and one ended up WF. I also have random 710 Ilvl items for various non tier slots. SOOOO I am in a dilemma right now to decide whether or not to take the higher Ilvl T18 or stick with the 4P. The kicker is my T17 items are heroic in one slot so the Ilvl jump from 685-710 is a lot.

Here is a AMR link to my current setup. Raid buffed im now haste capped at 18% with 30% crit, so i would probably use mastery food... What should i do? Would you use the T18 or stick with the T17?

https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/playe...39;ganis/roidz
    Simcraft
    run it with one setup, find the theoretical DPS, swap gear and run it again. As for what food buff to use simcraft will tell you your stat weighs, you might have to edit what food buff to tell the program which one to use, but as long as it runs both sims with the same food buff the difference is negligible.
    Last edited by provaporous; 2015-07-10 at 01:26 PM.

I'm in a very similar boat to you where I have all tier 17M, except my legs which are 685 (using gloves as off piece.) Have you run sims with the 2 different combos against each other? How did they turn out? Also as alot of threads have previously alluded to in here, you really feel the loss of T17M on burst AoE/Cleave fights.

I believe T17M 4 piece will be better on the following bosses: Hellfire Assault, Kormrok, maybe Kilrogg (depending if you are visions or not), Shadow lord, Xhulrock, Maybe Mannorath and Archimonde. All of these fights combining T17 Recklessness with bro storm will poop on kids.

TL;DR I hate blizzard for putting us in a scenerio where we have to juggle 2 sets late into the following tiers content.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggiesmalls View Post
    I'm in a very similar boat to you where I have all tier 17M, except my legs which are 685 (using gloves as off piece.) Have you run sims with the 2 different combos against each other? How did they turn out? Also as alot of threads have previously alluded to in here, you really feel the loss of T17M on burst AoE/Cleave fights.

I believe T17M 4 piece will be better on the following bosses: Hellfire Assault, Kormrok, maybe Kilrogg (depending if you are visions or not), Shadow lord, Xhulrock, Maybe Mannorath and Archimonde. All of these fights combining T17 Recklessness with bro storm will poop on kids.

TL;DR I hate blizzard for putting us in a scenerio where we have to juggle 2 sets late into the following tiers content.
    I've tried to sim stuff a lot of times, and I seriously feel like I have downs. I cant get anything to come out right. So i just go with what i think is best.... and I have to agree I hate Blizz for making our bonus such crap that I actually have to use a prior tiers gear on fights rather than being happy I got my new tier pieces... such BS.

For fury,

2pc T17 + 2pc T18 is waaay worse on single target patchwerk fight than 4pc T17. Also, several bosses have dps burst windows, like Gorefiend, which is extremely good for T17 4pc.

On aoe fights, 2+2 is even worse.

Even with 4pc T18, my single target sim dps as fury is almost identical to 4pc T17M with my current gear, and this is not considering those burst windows where T17 shines. And, T17 wins on aoe. Crappy fury set bonus for real...
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-07-10 at 06:24 PM.

The answer to this question is always Simcraft. However, 2+2 is shit.

Yeah i'm gonna have to switch back and use my 4P T17, even if it is lower ilvl... so lame. Might try out arms for a couple fights with 2+2. Council, Socrethar maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Roidz View Post
    Yeah i'm gonna have to switch back and use my 4P T17, even if it is lower ilvl... so lame. Might try out arms for a couple fights with 2+2. Council, Socrethar maybe.

Arms is fucking insane on Tyrant.

Yeah I tried arms in N Tyrant, topped meters... that last execute phase is nasty.