Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Bitch about welfare legendaries, then bitch about how they aren't just auto handed to you.

Well played people.
    Such a different talk. Before they were designed with the idea that everyone would not have them. However this ring is specifically designed to be used by an either group, gaining power the more you have. With this legendary you will be expected to have one to raid due to it been likely you can get them however due to rng you can get fucked and weeks or even a month behind everyone else.

In the past you were expect to not come with a legendary because they were so rare, now you are expected to have one because everyone else will have one. Not having one makes you a downgrade for the whole group.

Sure the same could be said by old legendaries, people with them are better. But back then they were so rare it was not logical to expect people to have them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    People are bitching about drops that they alone have RNG getting. You should have tried getting the original legendary weapons. You had to have your whole damn guild behind you. And only one person got it.
    Sheesh.... whiners these days. One day they cry because the game is too "easy". The next day they are crying because the the game is too "hard". Flip flopping like a fish out of water!
    That was fine because you were not expected to have one in order to get into guilds and groups. In a months time you could be RNG screwed and not have the ring, but if a guild or group sees you applying they're likely not going to give a shit about how screwed you got and just decline you. No one declined a rouge because they didn't have glaives of azzinoth they knew expecting that was insanity

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Just did the first HFC LFR wing, got only one tome. Holy jesus. Can't even imagine how long this is gonna take for people who only do LFR.
    Aww what a shame. People who don't do real raiding get real raiding rewards at a slightly slower pace? Let me fire up the violins.

Also this patch will probably last close to a year, even if it takes you 3 months to get it, you'll still have it for many boring farm months before anything new comes out.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    People are bitching about drops that they alone have RNG getting. You should have tried getting the original legendary weapons. You had to have your whole damn guild behind you. And only one person got it.
    Sheesh.... whiners these days. One day they cry because the game is too "easy". The next day they are crying because the the game is too "hard". Flip flopping like a fish out of water!
    Just because the old system was worse, doesn't mean the new one is good. This quote applies:

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Also welcome to World of WeCantMakeAnythingEngagingWithoutStringingItOutCraft

But guuuuuuyyys how am I gonna complain there's nothing to do in this game if I can't finish it all in one weeeekkkkk? :< /s
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2015-07-10 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Had to add a sarcasm tag because people take everything seriously on this site

I got 22 already, its going more than fast enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you prefer needing 330 tomes, and having the drop rate be 10x higher, but end up being the same thing?

Because that's how you get ants.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    ofc they're not 100%, the end result ring can knock chunks of a bosses health off, they're not going to let people get that in 3 weeks.
    The instance isnt scaled to handle the ring as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Its about 50% which makes them roughly equal to other Legend Items. Only part that suxx about this Quest is the Shipyard.
    I had 5 715 Rings but with the Shipyards only going to get one Legend full on my Main to farm the Ironhoof Mount back in BRF.

Anyone can confirm or Deny about archimonde 100%?
    It's more like 60-65%.

Archimonde is not 100% confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    At least you got the cloak right away with the last tier. This time most people will have killed the last boss of the raid multiple times before getting it.
    You're going to kill mythic Archimonde multiple times? Wow

Shipyard legendary ring part isn't that bad because you get a good chance on it just with ship counters. Just throw green/blue quality ships at it. You'll get it eventually without much effort. Dont need lvl 3 shipyard to make last mission appear.

Not saying it's fun, just that it isn't that tedious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Kind of lame that they went back to the absolute worst incarnation of the gathering steps from legendary questlines, especially after having improved these chore-like segments in 6.0.

I really hope the ring quests ends with some kind of cool solo challenge, because otherwise this one will have been the absolute worst yet. The grinding grindy grind for arbitrary components makes for terrible gameplay.

The grind should really be an optional side component of unlocking legendary items, with the main focus being intense skill-based challenges such as the Dragonwrath boss in the Nexus, the Pandaria scenarios, the warlock green fire boss etc. Those were friggin cool as hell, and actually felt like climactic steps on a legendary questline. If the grind was there as a supplementary way for less skilled players to unlock the item over time, it would be a way better part of the experience.

I got 1 tome out of 12 bosses in the first week... cool RNG design.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandro View Post
    Thank you. It's so ridiculous that people who only do LFR expect legendary gear to be handed to them with ease... welfare epics... sure, why not? But legendaries... Personally, I feel they should only drop in normal mode and up... may even just heroic on up. Those who don't put in the time and effort to clear bosses at a higher difficulty do not deserve best in slot gear, they deserve the LFR ilvl that they are putting in the time and effort for.
    No, everything 'Legendary' should only drop in mythic raids with the mythic final boss dropping the item to complete the 'legendary' itself that way only the people that deserve it are the ones that are skilled enough to get it.
    Which is not many guilds.
    A general answer to all would be if you Wanna take it away from lfr players then they should take it away from all you wannabe elitist normal/heroic raiders too.
    Far too many players in this game claiming there at mythic quality skill when they only raid heroic.
    What comes around goes around!

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Kind of lame that they went back to the absolute worst incarnation of the gathering steps from legendary questlines, especially after having improved these chore-like segments in 6.0.

I really hope the ring quests ends with some kind of cool solo challenge, because otherwise this one will have been the absolute worst yet. The grinding grindy grind for arbitrary components makes for terrible gameplay.

The grind should really be an optional side component of unlocking legendary items, with the main focus being intense skill-based challenges such as the Dragonwrath boss in the Nexus, the Pandaria scenarios, the warlock green fire boss etc. Those were friggin cool as hell, and actually felt like climactic steps on a legendary questline. If the grind was there as a supplementary way for less skilled players to unlock the item over time, it would be a way better part of the experience.
    There's only 1 more step after ships and books and that's just a little fight quest

You should be glad you're even able to get it as an LFR player...

I'm sitting at a cool 28 Tomes. Almost certainly going to have this done next lockout.

Heh, I'm not really complaining. I'm frankly used to this:

Every single content patch, my RNG is always dog crap. I'm always at least 10-15ilvls behind the rest of the raid, because rng is simply terrible for me.

That being said, yeah, I pretty much expected I'd be shafted with RNG on this too, hehe

Deleted
    I now have 15 tomes. My friend has 25. We've done the exact same bosses.

Not only is he going to get his ring at least one week earlier, he's also going to have a higher ilvl ring in the coming months thanks to the upgrade token from Archimonde. Assuming we both keep raiding I'll only catch up to him once we both hit ilvl 795.

RNG is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Rename the post to "Hear me whine about the game because im entitled to everything."
    Not entitled to anything, but at this rate of 5 total tomes after 3 weeks yeah it will take 6 months to finish it at this speed. and than another 6 months to get the ring upgraded to top. But we are probably going to be stuck on HFC for another 15 months so yeah gating drops works wonders in forcing us to reclear it every week

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    I now have 15 tomes. My friend has 25. We've done the exact same bosses.

Not only is he going to get his ring at least one week earlier, he's also going to have a higher ilvl ring in the coming months thanks to the upgrade token from Archimonde. Assuming we both keep raiding I'll only catch up to him once we both hit ilvl 795.

RNG is fun.

I would love to have 15 tomes, still only gotten 5 to drop and not a single one have dropped on a full clear this week for me. really excited about it trust me, So unless i get 13 or so next week i will be screwed royally when it comes to dps numbers when mythic rolls around

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    You're going to kill mythic Archimonde multiple times? Wow
    So witty, such argument.