Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Catbug View Post
    What is the max cap?
    None that we know of, though it's unlikely you ever see more than 7 up at a time.

And from my observations, they do not spawn faster from multidotting.

Deleted
    Max nummer of Dragons I've seen at one time is 8. Not sure there is a cap. Just unlikely to get a lot.

Deleted
    im quite sure they spawn alot faster if u have more dots on for example iskar,or me being lucky as fuck no idea. dont now if u can actually see how many dragons u have at the same time on logs,just know u can see how many u had for the whole fight.
    Last edited by mmoc8aeefb638b; 2015-07-20 at 03:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virzi View Post
    im quite sure they spawn alot faster if u have more dots on for example iskar,or me being lucky as fuck no idea. dont now if u can actually see how many dragons u have at the same time on logs,just know u can see how many u had for the whole fight.

That's not how RPPM works.

Every time you spawn a dragon your chances of spawning another one in the next minute is reduced. Multidotting provides more ticks to cause a spawn, but also devalues your spawn chance faster.

If you multi-dot you will see a spawn of a large amount of dragons (6-8) up simultaneously and then have comparatively low spawns until the proc devaluing resets. Dots on one target will provide a lower number of dragons (1-3) more consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Virzi View Post
    They will spawn alot faster but it wont affect the max cap
    No, that's wrong, read the rest of the thread. There is no cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Alame View Post
    Every time you spawn a dragon your chances of spawning another one in the next minute is reduced. Multidotting provides more ticks to cause a spawn, but also devalues your spawn chance faster.

If you multi-dot you will see a spawn of a large amount of dragons (6-8) up simultaneously and then have comparatively low spawns until the proc devaluing resets. Dots on one target will provide a lower number of dragons (1-3) more consistently.
    Not really this either. The amount and pattern of dragons you see will be approximately identical regardless of the number of DoTs you have active, that's the whole point of the RPPM system.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by Alame View Post
    That's not how RPPM works.

RPPM is based on events that can cause a proc, not actual procs. So the more ticks you get in a certain timeframe, the lower your proc rate is, regardless of whether they actually procced anything.
    Proc chance doesn't go up until either some of your targets die or some of your DoTs fall off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    No, that's wrong, read the rest of the thread. There is no cap.

Not really this either. The amount and pattern of dragons you see will be approximately identical regardless of the number of DoTs you have active, that's the whole point of the RPPM system.
    Hmm... are you absolutely certain on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vutk View Post
    Hmm... are you absolutely certain on this?
    I am absolutely certain that it is RPPM on DoT ticks which means you should see roughly the same number & frequency of procs whether you have 1 DoT active or 20. There may conceivably be a cap, but there's no reason to believe that there is, and if there is one it is likely high enough that you will never reach it.

In RPPM the chance for a proc to occur is calculated on an event-by-event basis only based on the time since the last event (event being anything thats eligible to proc the effect). In normal circumstances, the amount of procs you have received in the past has zero effect on your proc chance which is why Alame's description was not correct. The only time the amount of procs you have received impacts the chance at all is when you've gotten no procs for an exceedingly long time and Unlucky Streak Protection kicks in, but even in that case it will only cause 1 proc at most.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2015-07-21 at 01:01 AM.

I think the 2 RPPM number is to low. They are up far to often and far to many at once for just 2 RPPM.

Oh oops my bad, its 4 RPPM not 2 RPPM. I must've misremembered. The rest of what I said should be true though.

http://pastebin.com/CQjyPy6R

Yeah, mechanics sound about right. 2 was just way to low for the results we were seeing.

If i remember correctly, the time cut off for RPPM was 10 seconds, so if you haven't caused any proc capable events for 10 seconds, your proc chance does not increase any further.
    Last edited by huth; 2015-07-21 at 03:16 PM.

I am absolutely certain that it is RPPM on DoT ticks which means you should see roughly the same number & frequency of procs whether you have 1 DoT active or 20. There may conceivably be a cap, but there's no reason to believe that there is, and if there is one it is likely high enough that you will never reach it.

In RPPM the chance for a proc to occur is calculated on an event-by-event basis only based on the time since the last event (event being anything thats eligible to proc the effect). In normal circumstances, the amount of procs you have received in the past has zero effect on your proc chance which is why Alame's description was not correct. The only time the amount of procs you have received impacts the chance at all is when you've gotten no procs for an exceedingly long time and Unlucky Streak Protection kicks in, but even in that case it will only cause 1 proc at most.
    I agree that this is true but I was demoing the dragons for a friend and was hitting the two target dummies in garrison. Never had more than 2 up but when I am doing my dailies and multi-dotting I've seen 7. RNG is RNG but still, it seems like if you are multi-dotting a lot of enemies you see more.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I agree that this is true but I was demoing the dragons for a friend and was hitting the two target dummies in garrison. Never had more than 2 up but when I am doing my dailies and multi-dotting I've seen 7. RNG is RNG but still, it seems like if you are multi-dotting a lot of enemies you see more.
    Most likely confirmation bias. You don't get any more or less procs in either situation, you just remember the situation where you got them better.

Deleted

Edit: Nvm, + delete post refuses to work...
    Last edited by mmoca9d48ebf0f; 2015-07-21 at 07:41 PM.

Fey dragons are still dying on Xhul'horac, :[
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Fey dragons are still dying on Xhul'horac, :[
    Does suck that they die but it is kinda nice that they can be targetted. Had some instances where they tanked a hard hitting ability for the tank (trash obviously) but our MT said he liked they would pull mobs for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the 6% buff you get from the 4pc stack with every dragon so 4 dragons = 24% buff let's say?

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Is the 6% buff you get from the 4pc stack with every dragon so 4 dragons = 24% buff let's say?
    Nope. /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Just the 6%, but it's up nearly 100% of the time. Would actually be rather overpowered if it stacked.

For that matter, my little draggies do quite a bit more damage than the arcane mages various timelost heroes, despite those hitting far harder. They're just up way more consistently.

i think you guys are getting a bit confused with how rppm works. Rppm is just the name given by blizzard for a pseudo random process. I can't know for sure how its formulated as it is wrapped up in other things (bad luck streak protection; out of combat time based forced procs; auto 5 minute limit rate), however the core is definitely based on a poisson process. so agixx has the best explanation.

Some fallacies:
    - Having more ticks does not "reduce" the probability for each tick to trigger an event.
    - Having more ticks does not increase the rate at which you spawn dragons.
    - If you multidot, you won't suddenly see an increase in dragons and then no dragons afterwards. (if you do, its just coincidence)
    However! There are statistical benefits from having a higher tick rate which is hard to explain fully here. Basically, you get slightly less procs on average than your stated proc rate if your tick rate is really slow by virtue of them delayed to a later period depending on the time in between trigger events.

Also, haste can affect procs when blizzard allows for it (they have a wierd stance on when haste will work and when it won't), but for dragons, if they follow rppm then they will most definitely be affected by haste if they are similar to trinkets.

I've written a guide with some worked examples (look for the square boxes) way back when 5.2 came out. some of it is still relevent. (Alot of it has to do with the fact people kept confusing the rate by multiplying the haste into the result instead of into the rate and additional info on uptime on refreshing and stacking trinkets)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...XdGWUw0RUxqNlk

Conclusion:
    Basically, if the item says you get x procs a minute. You will get x procs a minute on average regardless of how many targets there are.
    Last edited by worcester; 2015-07-23 at 09:14 AM.