Thread: Be honest..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trematode View Post
    Never really played that much 6.2, but, are you just exaggerating that? or did Locks and Mages get buffed to OP status?

Cause I know Warlock/Mage/x was really really good last season.
    Most people don't really do arena, where these classes are strong, they mostly do 1v1 and random bgs, where these classes suck balls. Your point that they are strong in arena is irrelevant for most players who delve into pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Banomatic View Post
    Most people don't really do arena, where these classes are strong, they mostly do 1v1 and random bgs, where these classes suck balls. Your point that they are strong in arena is irrelevant for most players who delve into pvp.
    Not sure if trolling or what. If everyone in this forum is talking about 1vs1 and randoms I should excuse myself from MMO champs pvp forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    Not sure if trolling or what. If everyone in this forum is talking about 1vs1 and randoms I should excuse myself from MMO champs pvp forums.
    1v1 and randoms is an important part of pvp, in fact it's the most popular and played part of pvp. The arena players, the serious arena players, are a dreadful minority. Blizzard isn't pursuing 1v1 balance because this is primarily a PVE game, as stated by the devs themselves, and too hard to balance the many abilities for PVE as well as 1v1 PVP, so they balance the game around the 3v3 arena.

Most players who enjoy pvp do not and never will play arena above 1500, they have fun in 1v1 and random pvp, where not all classes function too well. When you say <insert class> is OP, you must make a clear mention about what kind pvp you are talking about, because pvp does not and never will equal arena. Arena is just one part of the pvp game, a pvp feature that isn't even the main pvp event for the majority of the pvp playerbase, despite how much Blizzard would want otherwise. Therefore saying <insert class name> is OP without explaining in what kind of situation is OP and assuming pvp-ers are alll arena mongers the lot of them, is simply assuming wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I love PvP. I like PvE.

That said, this xpac ruined both.
    How do you figure? PvP sucks, but the raids in WoD are some of the best yet. The raiding is one of the few things they got right this expansion...

I see a lot of people complaining about content and lack of new bgs. Honestly, I have always had fun throughout the expansions in the same old content (3's, bgs). The content was just a playground--you made it fun by enjoying your class. In this xpac (after the prunes), it became a lot harder to enjoy my classes. Personal class enjoyment sorta went down since cata anyway--in wrath you had very defined abilities (slows that you would actually apply, r1 frost bolt), different schools of magic, things with very limited niche use (frost ward/fire ward), etc. which all resulted in very unique class playstyles. There were a lot of dumb things back then too, but it was very fun nonetheless.

If they have good ability design (e.g. alter time), people will be able to make things fun for themselves. That's what they should focus on in the next expansion to come (since they clearly don't care for making that sort of content in patches). No more lame "shoot a bolt to deal damage" moves. Abilities have to have interesting mechanics for the class to be fun, and if they are all laid out on a silver platter with the order already well-defined, then there is no room for having a personal playstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Im enjoying it, for once. Between Ashran and RBG's I'm happy. Will probably only last until I'm in 600/630PvP gear, but still.

Ashran is amazing for gearing alts, took me 5 hours to get to 661 on my priest after dinging today.

Maybe I'll even aim for a vicious mount. Looking forward to the war hawk strider whenever that comes out.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2015-07-14 at 09:27 PM.

PvP was in a great state at the end of mop, stuff was balanced, and things were good. WoD has become crazy with forcing players ot do RNG weeklys to get gear they may or may not be able to use, and balance is currently all out of whack
    World of Warcraft PvP montages, guides, game updates and more!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/dottzgaming
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/dottzgaming/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DottzGaming
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dottzgaming

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it no real different to the past 10 years of WoW PvP.

Some classes are overpowered, Some are neutral, some horrible.

BG's still play out the same way and Arena is still the Healer/CC/CD reliant spamfest it has always been.

People that dislike certain expansions will always use "THE PVP IS SHIT!" as "fuel" to their usual ranting/whinging. when it reality it hasn't really changed apart from having higher Ilvl split between PvE/PvP which I would say is actually a good thing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I find it no real different to the past 10 years of WoW PvP.

Some classes are overpowered, Some are neutral, some horrible.

BG's still play out the same way and Arena is still the Healer/CC/CD reliant spamfest it has always been.

People that dislike certain expansions will always use "THE PVP IS SHIT!" as "fuel" to their usual ranting/whinging. when it reality it hasn't really changed apart from having higher Ilvl split between PvE/PvP which I would say is actually a good thing
    PVP is shit usually means it's not fun and it becomes not fun when your main class is taking a nerf bat up the ass either directly or indirectly. And in WoD all ranged classes took one, there is no reason a range player would enjoy pvp that much this expansion. In fact unless you play a dk, rogue, feral, boomkin, hunter or ret, pvp is pretty much crap overall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingEye View Post
    Is PvP in WoW broken/boring now? I hear people hate PVP in WoW now or are untrue whines?
    Walords is the first time I have done any real level of PvP, I had a lot of fun in Season 1, I have not done anything in Season 2 yet (supppppppper busy irl atm).

I don't PvP that seriously though (about 1800 rating).

Can it be frustrating sure it can be.

I can guarantee you 100% one thing though.

Whatever state any part of the game is in people on MMO-C will be bitching and moaning and crying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post

Whatever state any part of the game is in people on MMO-C will be bitching and moaning and crying.
    As if there wasn't always a legit reason to complain.

It started first with the general demand to remove legendaries from arena which was reasonable enough as people would twoshot with normal attacks which felt no different than playing against hackers. Later seasons you had obvious balance issues mentioned already in beta but only fixed months after release despite them repeatedly claiming they listen.

also might remind you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLLWpT_nsTE
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2015-07-15 at 10:41 AM.

Just started PVPing again for new season and I've got to say I'm not digging it. Ashran is the worst thing I've ever done in this game. Ever. Period.

As for actual season balance seems really off Hpally denounce spam is just so obnoxious. Warlocks damage seems too stong as well.

Overall 3/10 not having fun.
    Hi Sephurik

What annoys me is that devs are capable of (easily) making the game better but they just refuse to do it.

- You don't want racials to affect pvp? Too bad our $$ matters more!
    - You don't wanna do Trashcan to gear up? It is my baby, no way, you all gonna forced to do it.
    - Separate pve and pvp? But keyboard turners who only press 12345 will find the game too difficult!
    - RNG in gearing sucks? But what will the poor pvpers do when they fully gear up?

When Holinka came in charge during 5.2 I was really excited, he makes some good changes and suddenly stops midway then goes nuts.
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2015-07-15 at 01:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    When Holinka came in charge during 5.2 I was really excited, he makes some good changes and suddenly stops midway then goes nuts.
    That's why I quit during 5.3. It's easy to see why he did what he did - anything to drag out your progress and keep you subbing longer, FotM rerolls, etc. as dictated by the bean-counters at Acti. i.e., profits.

Well, 2s is shit for me right now when I fight feral+any dps as a healer with my DK partner. But Ashran is honestly not bad at all, and I capped two characters yesterday, and I have like 6 days left to cap my hunter, which I will easily do.

I currently play Resto Shaman, Warrior, and BM Hunter, so I have a lot of fun in PvP, both Arenas and BGs. Ashran is annoying on my warrior but if you play safely, you're okay. It's not bad at all and all I do is PvP now. I'm not a pro or anything, but I do have a lot of fun playing.

Triple holy paladin is the new meta in 3's so yes, pvp sucks. Uninstall and never look back.

its strange blizzard from the get go realized wow should have pvp and that people wanted it. To start all there was were towers to fight over for no reason in eastern plaguelands and the ffa arena in STV + world pvp and dueling.

They added 3 battlegrounds in vanilla. 2 more in TBC + Introduced Arena. TBC also had 4 zones with world pvp objectives and vendors with rare quality pvp gear.

Wotlk. Blizzard starts ignoring pvp, the same old comps start dominating + Dks. 2s is ruined. Titles removed from 2s. Only new edition is Wintergrasp a world pvp zone with a timer where the whole point was access to a raid herp derp plus for most people back then it lagged too hard.

Cataclysm. Rated Bgs added and Tol Barad.

Mop. Pve gear allowed to > pvp gear for wpvp encounters. No world pvp zone or objectives added but 3 new Battlegrounds.

Warlords. Ashran Added. Skirmishes restored.

every expansion there is some sort of pvp content added. So clearly they gave at least 1 shit about pvp and pvp players - they have to recognize theres 2 kinds of pvp players those that get bored once there is no more gear to aqquire and just want to fight they dont care about being the best spec or getting a high rating.

The hardcore competitive players these players enjoy being the very best at Arenas/RBGs they could care less about acquiring gear would prefer not to have grind gear just compete for a chance at titles and achievements and cosmetic items.

bottom line they cant make everyone happy and most importantly you must notice it would seem the PVP development budget is microscopic compared to the Raid encounter budget.

I think PVP with friends is fun but recent content offerings have been subpar. The Gladiator garrison building instance is lame. Ashran is has progressively gone from bad to worse to even worse still.

I hope the PVP content next expansion looks better. Maybe actually get a new BG.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice