How good are Frost dks with DC + EDH and 4set

How good is frost dks dps with DC, EDH, and 4set compared to BRF mythic 4 set with vial and horn? I want to know because my dps is crap even if I'm playing the rotation perfectly and a lot of people in my guild have 2-4 set and trinkets while I have none and they're doing much more dps than me -.- lol.

Both trinkets got nerfed quite a bit. They're upgrades but not a huge deal if you have the mythic vial and horn

The 4pc though is game changer. It completely changes your playstyle and boost your dps

Deleted
    Saying you're doing the rotation perfectly is quite bold to say the least, but to answer your question I feel frost dks do pretty well overall and very well on some fights, Kormrok mythic pops to mind. I also do pretty well on Iron reaver, Kil'rogg. On heroic, add Iskar to that, tyrant & archimonde. Not impossible I've forgot some. :P

If they all outgear you, obviously you'll be doing alot less than DPS. 4-set is a big gain and so is the trinkets.

4p legit makes the game so much more enjoyable. And as stated above is a huge game changer. After our nerfs it's like 90% required to perform well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychology View Post
    4p legit makes the game so much more enjoyable. And as stated above is a huge game changer. After our nerfs it's like 90% required to perform well.
    There is nothing enjoyable about killing machine and the 4 set, getting no KM on the pull for 15sec with procs pots and cds used, even BL then when you do get a Km proc it lasts for 1 FS, sure is very enjoyable

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    There is nothing enjoyable about killing machine and the 4 set, getting no KM on the pull for 15sec with procs pots and cds used, even BL then when you do get a Km proc it lasts for 1 FS, sure is very enjoyable
    Extremely unlikely to happen though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubdk View Post
    Extremely unlikely to happen though.
    not really, 15 sec might be abit of an exaggeration by me but yea it still happens, and when it does it feels shit. the dps difference from pull to pull depending on lucky procs is shit gameplay

not really, 15 sec might be abit of an exaggeration by me but yea it still happens, and when it does it feels shit. the dps difference from pull to pull depending on lucky procs is shit gameplay
    I find it funny that I changed from Ret to Unholy DK during BRF in order to get away from Ret's whack-a-mole/proc-based/RNG feeling of melee DPS and now that I'm playing Frost DK in 6.2 I'm right back to the same thing!

That's why hopefully Frost will see a legitimate redesign of killing machine for the next expansion. KM should be controllable not random. It worked with the wotlk rune system because you always had something to push(and because it only worked on howling blast and frost strike). Now it just cannibalizes crit as a stat completely and it's crappy gameplay. The difference in dps by the pull can get extremely irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerlewis View Post
    I find it funny that I changed from Ret to Unholy DK during BRF in order to get away from Ret's whack-a-mole/proc-based/RNG feeling of melee DPS and now that I'm playing Frost DK in 6.2 I'm right back to the same thing!

frost dk has always been this way lol

Quote Originally Posted by Psychology View Post
    I wouldn't say the four set is required to perform well. I've still yet to get it (likely to get it this week) and it's certainly not holding me back. A new weapon granted me about 8k dps (I only know this cus I used the old weapon for like 20 pills on a boss before I realized I had the wrong one on), EDH granted me a good chunk as well. I'm sitting comfortably on top or near top on important adds, really good on single target and pretty comfortable with aoe.

I mean yeah the 4 set will be a big notable difference in my dps once I get it, but it's certainly not required to perform well. I think the biggest thing affecting my dps is the movement speed difference between frost and unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I wouldn't say the four set is required to perform well. I've still yet to get it (likely to get it this week) and it's certainly not holding me back. A new weapon granted me about 8k dps (I only know this cus I used the old weapon for like 20 pills on a boss before I realized I had the wrong one on), EDH granted me a good chunk as well. I'm sitting comfortably on top or near top on important adds, really good on single target and pretty comfortable with aoe.

I mean yeah the 4 set will be a big notable difference in my dps once I get it, but it's certainly not required to perform well. I think the biggest thing affecting my dps is the movement speed difference between frost and unholy.
    Ugh waddling around as frost is the absolute worst, can't get used to it.
    Maxximus <NO MEDAL BOYS> - Mal'Ganis US

Deleted
    To be honest the only way this to happen is if you are not in melle range. I play dw frost dk as an alt for a long time. I'm not perfect with it, i just play it to break my dailie routine from my mage, but i have had such pulls myself too when i was literally smacking my FS/Obl bind and wondering why i am still at full RP/runes and no KM procs. On the pull somethimes i really dont notice if i had managed to get in melle range while spaming our semi ranged abilities like HB and D&D and until i spend the runes for them i am already atleast 10 seconds into the fight x)

Just sharing my little expirience i have.

It's the double-edged swordness of KM that bothers me the most. I hate deciding to hit Obliterate only to see KM light up the same instant, but my finger is already going down. It feels "unfun" wasting procs.

Quote Originally Posted by redi View Post
    It's the double-edged swordness of KM that bothers me the most. I hate deciding to hit Obliterate only to see KM light up the same instant, but my finger is already going down. It feels "unfun" wasting procs.
    It's not really wasting the proc, especially with the two set. The longer you cap runes the longer your potential damage goes down anyways so getting it out of the way even with KM is sometimes necessary.