Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a white man i was resisting arrest and got beat down by 6 cops and sparked. Everyone knows resisting is asking for a beat down

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    And yet somehow what the suspect did to the police isn't? Grandma, what lovely double standards you have!

This thread is yet another stellar example of misguided people that have zero concept of police protocols.
    Why does your argument seem to be based on the assumption that only one person can be in the wrong? Why do you seem to think that if one person is wrong the other is excused?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanithil View Post
    . If this werea white guy getting beaten by a group of black police that would be different.
    Ha you wouldn't even hear about it.

Again, the US is the only first world country where the police gets to engage in excessive force, and the citizens think it's fine.

Everywhere else, the police are well-trained enough to not have to resort to such undisciplined and willful violence to suppress their targets.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This was excessive force, imo. Kicking and punching the suspect - while he's down - should not have happened. A lot of cops in the U.S. aren't very good at managing their adrenaline and they end up lashing out towards suspects once they catch them.

They need proper training so things like this can be avoided. Police brutality is happening to all races, not just blacks. It's not a bunch of racist cops. It's a bunch of poorly trained cops, that are given leadership positions. That's a recipe for disaster.
    Their entire system needs to be changed. They need to reevaluate how they hire people and as you said redo their entire training and that would just be the start. With that said I think our definition of "A lot" varies, to me a lot would be every third or fourth cop I run into. If there was 1,000,000 police officers I would say 100,000 are potentially problematic and of that 100,000 I would say 5000 actually cause problems. Again that is just shitty examples but my point is that they do not have a LOT of bad cops. It also doesn't help that unlike a lot of other countries that the US is happy having a bunch of guns everywhere, that has to be taken into account when training.

When's the last time you ever tried to arrest a man hopped up on drugs? Wait, what's that? NEVER?!?!?!?!?!

Then stop trying to enlighten us on your obvious lack of expertise. Pretty sure they tried that, and he, ya know....resisted that? Kinda where the phrase RESISTING ARREST comes from?

A novel concept, the English language. Words actually have definitions.
    There is a way to do it... American police just aren't taught properly..

And he's black. If this werea white guy getting beaten by a group of black police that would be different.
    If someone said this with colors reversed he would have been infracted.

How to avoid getting kicked/beaten by cops as a criminal thug (black AND white):

1. don't resist arrest
    2. stop biting officers
    3. stop hurting yourself
    4. don't do drugs

Easy.

It's his own fault, I would kick him too if he bites someone lol. A bite is a serious thing.. you never know what diseases he carrys.. you can easily die.. infections are bad.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2015-07-11 at 03:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When's the last time you ever tried to arrest a man hopped up on drugs? Wait, what's that? NEVER?!?!?!?!?!

Then stop trying to enlighten us on your obvious lack of expertise. Pretty sure they tried that, and he, ya know....resisted that? Kinda where the phrase RESISTING ARREST comes from?
    Do you say this for any other job? A random internet poster shouldn't have the same capacity to stop a criminal as a police officer. If you think a cop and a random internet poster had the same training and tools, then the issue here should be blatantly obvious.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There is a way to do it... American police just aren't taught properly..
    Most US citizens are utterly brainwashed into thinking their police force is a shining exemplar of the developed world.

As the textbook negative example, that is actually not that far off from the truth.

American mentality: "If we can't do it no one can" "If we do it this way, there's no better way of doing it"

A novel concept, the English language. Words actually have definitions.
    Well, it must be difficult, but do try to imagine and comprehend that in every other first world nation, police officers are more likely to sustain injuries during training than in actual situations. Against resisting targets. Armed resisting targets. Without needing to resort to excessive force and whipping guns out for every small altercation.

You might wonder why, it's because they are actually trained and held to a nominal standard rather than the specimens who are not much more civilized than raging baboons you call "police officers" in the US.

But being one of the many frogs-in-the-well which can't acknowledge the world out there has many documented examples of policing properly, you are probably just going to handwave it as usual because it's embarrassing to acknowledge your own ignorance. National pride is more important than acknowledging and correcting grievous mistakes for your kind after all.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Well, it must be difficult, but do try to imagine and comprehend that in every other first world nation, police officers are more likely to sustain injuries during training than in actual situations.
    I think the same applies to the USA, as they're training with fellow police officers that think it's a clever idea to use their actual firearms in such hand-to-hand training exercises and aren't smart enough to unload them first.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

It's just 20 bad eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Ha you wouldn't even hear about it.
    You never hear about it because it doesn't happen. I'm laughing at the people saying "he shouldn't have resiisted arrest" how are you supposed to follow commands when you have 2 guys holding you down while 1 punches and another kicking you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol once again the MMOCHAMPION off topic shows their totally not racist views with executes if why something happened. Cause you know it's not like a cop would lie to justify the beatings, or hell even plant so,etching on him.
    But whatever black+crime+cops with (supposed) no camera= brutal but somehow justified beating. If you can honestly watch that whole three minute video and still say it's just then honestly something is wrong with you.

Im not some drama guy, but its clear that cultures, races and the likes causes problems - And that the USA police forces cant handle that. Im pretty sure you can go years witout using even your service gun in most european countries. Atleast in Denmark.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    You never hear about it because it doesn't happen. I'm laughing at the people saying "he shouldn't have resiisted arrest" how are you supposed to follow commands when you have 2 guys holding you down while 1 punches and another kicking you?
    You start off by saying "yes officer" when he tells you to get to the ground and not bite him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    You start off by saying "yes officer" when he tells you to get to the ground and not bite him.
    You can't be that much of a man if you unquestioningly obey authority.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't be that much of a man if you unquestioningly obey authority.
    It's about knowing where to fight your battles. You can run right at a wall to get it to move or you can through the right channels and have it removed with a bulldozer. When the cop's in front of you be a passive little bitch. Then when you're in court take him to task for any misdeeds he/she committed.

Deleted
    Black suspect, check. White cops, check. Excessive force? Over 9000.

Insert riots here. To protect and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    I can't help but feel like he disobeyed orders before that happened....

That being said I feel they definitely went overboard and bringing 600 cops to deal with that guy was kinda laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    feel-good movie of the year. will be looking for the director's cut