Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    The only problem Jesse Eisenberg is not a good actor. In every movie he plays the same awkward smart/weird guy. There is soooo many more actors that could pull off that role hundred times better, Jesse was the second worst joice only to frickin Michael Cera.
    dont you dare tarnish michael ceras name he is a delicate flower AND YOU WILL CHERISH HIM! @~@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    All the destruction at 2:30 kinda hints at Doomsday, I highly doubt Batman and Superman would cause that much damage.

Still pushing the right buttons for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanmodx View Post
    All the destruction at 2:30 kinda hints at Doomsday, I highly doubt Batman and Superman would cause that much damage.
    the actual batman vs superman stuff doesnt take up much of the movie. batman has a kyptonite spear and they duke it out sometime in like the first 30 minutes then they realize the real enemy is doomsday. then the end credit scene is batman inviting aquaman to join the justice league
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I love the fact that they are using "The Dark Knight Returns" Batman against a young Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    Suicide Squad trailer? Where?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    Suicide Squad trailer? Where?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post

Nemo to the rescue.

no idea if its still up but ya its horrible. Smith doesnt cut it harley is basically strip dancing joke is meh.

Also it shows Zod killing waynes family when his heat vision just kicked in. Wasnt really supes that killed them
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Not too sure about Lex, but he's barely in the trailer so I'm not going to judge him. Still don't like assfleck, but if he's not playing the kevin smith douche character (Which is mostly what I know him from, hence why I dislike him) I think it won't effect anything.

I just really hope they don't have Batman have any sort of advantage at any stage where they fight, that would be freaking stupid (Batman already punches too far above his own weight these days as is).

I'm also not sure I like the x-menishiness of people disliking Superman. I guess it's what DC does these days, but I'm used to DC being the heroes that everyone (in universe) likes and marvel being the 'verse where they all have problems and are hated *shrugs*
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

15+ Year Old Account
    I was fairly skeptical for a long time about this film, up through the release of the teaser. The new trailer today has me sold though. It looks like a pretty fun ride. I only worry that Wonderwoman is being shoehorned in to sell her eventual stand alone. Otherwise, a perfect trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the actual batman vs superman stuff doesnt take up much of the movie. batman has a kyptonite spear and they duke it out sometime in like the first 30 minutes then they realize the real enemy is doomsday. then the end credit scene is batman inviting aquaman to join the justice league
    I doubt they'll have Doomsday in the movie. I also think the fight will happen about 2/3's into the movie. I assume the real threat will have something to do with Lex Luthor doing some sheningans (and losing his hair).

I wish the Suicide Squad trailer was released too. I know some leaked version is up, but I refuse to watch that.

Also, hating on Ben Affleck is soooo last decade. Get over it people, this guy is talented in both writing, directing and acting. I don't know where people know him from, but I know him from Argo, Good Will Hunting and Gone Girl.

Btw, before anyone really hammers on this point, Lex Luthor needs to have hair because he clearly hasn't been using kryptonite for very long. In the comics, Lex has hair when he meets Superman. He goes bald because he gets cancer from wearing a kryptonite ring, then he goes through chemo and loses his hair.

So is this a different reality to the dark knight trilogy? I'm struggling here

How can batman even be a threat to someone like superman?
    Fucking cheesy.

They did a good job with the Dark Knight trilogy.
    This looks like some kind of "Alien VS predator" bullshite.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawmac View Post
    So is this a different reality to the dark knight trilogy? I'm struggling here
    Yep, Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy takes place in a different universe. This is in the same universe as Man of Steel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Fucking cheesy.

He's not a threat to Superman, not without kryptonite. And even then, he's only a threat if Superman is trying not to kill him.

Without kryptonite, (and even possibly with depending on the situation) them fighting looks something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkFzXkpjXmM

I am more a marvel fan but this movie looks interesting.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything looked great except...
    Am I the only one who doesn't like the batsuit Affleck was wearing, and really don't like the new bat symbol on the light beacon he uncovered? Didnt quite look as bat-like as any of the others. Very very minor points but they stuck out a bit for me.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    The Man of Steel Trailers where amazing then the movie itself was a total betrayal of the the character. The cinematography looks amazing but as for the actual movie. I hope I am pleasantly surprised by this but I'm sure I will disappointed again. As for Suicide Squad I have no interest in that movie.
    Oh, I'd love for you to explain that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Fucking cheesy.

Read a comic some time and then maybe we can talk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    Everything looked great except...
    Am I the only one who doesn't like the batsuit Affleck was wearing, and really don't like the new bat symbol on the light beacon he uncovered? Didnt quite look as bat-like as any of the others. Very very minor points but they stuck out a bit for me.

Accurate.

Once again this entire movie is a nod to real fans, not some movie-only watching, lolIhaveabatmantshirt posers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comic wise though Superman nearly gets made out to look stupid due to Batman's intelligence. Kinda makes me hope they don't play into that style in the film.

Edit: Not on about accuracies to the comic. No need to hate as I love any kind of DC and Marvel film. I can't say I've read all the comics though if I'm to be truthful, read a lot here and there but not religiously.
    Still in theatrical looks, the costume only in my opinion not in other people's, just feels like it doesn't quite suit. Again my opinion and wouldn't reflect on any enjoyment when I get to watch it.
    Last edited by Lapetos; 2015-07-12 at 09:30 AM.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    Comic wise though Superman nearly gets made out to look stupid due to Batman's intelligence. Kinda makes me hope they don't play into that style in the film.
    Batman's intelligence is what makes him so great, it's like saying, "Oh I wish Superman wasn't THAT strong, I wish he COULDN'T shoot heat beams, just to make it fair." That's what makes it such a good rivalry, where even a borderline-god can be trumped by the intelligence of the underdog. That's what MAKES BATMAN such a deadly foe. That's WHY he can go toe to toe with such huge titans in the DC universe. That's what makes him so badass, how he goes up against such insurmountable odds and still finds a way to kick their ass.

People who haven't read the greats in comics and Batman story arcs will never understand that. They only see it as, "who has the bigger weapon/power," like some fighting game/video game. In the comics, that's not how it works. These are characters with real depth and real problems dealt with realistically (as far as comics and superheroes are concerned). Batman will always find, or try to find, a way to beat a villain. Just because it's Doomsday and he can level entire cities with a punch doesn't mean he just goes, "ohp, fuck me guys I'm out I'm just a human," and sit back while he destroys his city. Why is it that people can accept Iron Man going toe to toe with Thor but can't accept Batman fighting Superman?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Yep, Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy takes place in a different universe. This is in the same universe as Man of Steel.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not a threat to Superman, not without kryptonite. And even then, he's only a threat if Superman is trying not to kill him.

Without kryptonite, (and even possibly with depending on the situation) them fighting looks something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkFzXkpjXmM
    Well Superman isn't a threat to Batman without his powers, see what I did there?
    Last edited by Realsykes; 2015-07-12 at 09:35 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Likuidz View Post
    Batman's intelligence is what makes him so great, it's like saying, "Oh I wish Superman wasn't THAT strong, I wish he COULDN'T shoot heat beams, just to make it fair." That's what makes it such a good rivalry, where even a borderline-god can be trumped by the intelligence of the underdog. That's what MAKES BATMAN such a deadly foe. That's WHY he can go toe to toe with such huge titans in the DC universe. That's what makes him so badass, how he goes up against such insurmountable odds and still finds a way to kick their ass.

People who haven't read the greats in comics and Batman story arcs will never understand that. They only see it as, "who has the bigger weapon/power," like some fighting game/video game. In the comics, that's not how it works. These are characters with real depth and real problems dealt with realistically (as far as comics and superheroes are concerned). Batman will always find, or try to find, a way to beat a villain. Just because it's Doomsday and he can level entire cities with a punch doesn't mean he just goes, "ohp, fuck me guys I'm out I'm just a human," and sit back while he destroys his city. Why is it that people can accept Iron Man going toe to toe with Thor but can't accept Batman fighting Superman?
    Because literally Superman can't lose full stop. Batman can't beat superman because Superman is a literal god as in omnipotent. Superman is smarter than Batman, Superman routinely shrugs off Kryptonite, Superman could literally kill everyone on Earth at once without putting any effort in. Like seriously there is a massive debate over who is faster between the Flash or Superman, and the actual answer is that both beings are literal gods so powerful as to rewrite the rules of the universe simply by acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    Because literally Superman can't lose full stop. Batman can't beat superman because Superman is a literal god as in omnipotent. Superman is smarter than Batman, Superman routinely shrugs off Kryptonite, Superman could literally kill everyone on Earth at once without putting any effort in. Like seriously there is a massive debate over who is faster between the Flash or Superman, and the actual answer is that both beings are literal gods so powerful as to rewrite the rules of the universe simply by acting.
    1. Superman has morals and codes, that's why he never goes, "full force," on people like Bruce. That's what makes the fights interesting and believable. There are dozens of characters in both Marvel and DC who could destroy the entire universe with a sneeze, but once again, they're characters with codes and guidelines, like anything with self-awareness. That's a bullshit excuse and irrelevant point to the overall discussion.
    2. Superman is not smarter than Bruce, idk where you got that crap from. He also doesn't "routinely shrug off kryptonite."
    3. Superman is not faster than The Flash, The Flash gets his powers from the Speed Force, the Speed Force is the living embodiment of speed. The Flash IS speed itself. Superman is limited by the fact that he doesn't live on that level of state of being like The Flash does.